Topic: The Future of Alex  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Team Flare Zakk ( Agatio )

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Go Team Flare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 11:36:56 PM »
So Alex can become a good guy?

In that case I hope he can become playable.

I think it could happen, if anybody who recalls the beta Alex portrait in Lost Age, there is speculation that Camelot was considering Alex playable in Lost Age, plus they added Amiti, whom is actually Alex's son, so it seems like Camelot wants Alex to eventully become very important.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 02:44:07 AM »
Maybe he was an anti hero the whole time

And he's been very important. In the first game he stared out as seeming like a henchman, then was shown to be the MAIN protagonist

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
Eh, I've stated my theories on Alex in many other threads, there's no point in merely repeating myself here.  However, I can say that unless we get a very different game, Alex should not be playable.  Fightable?  Sure.  But not playable, not unless they make a game in the series where he's the only playable character (obviously, it'd have to be a much, much different type of game).

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
Remember how Isaac and Garet were in the firsl dungeon of DD? That's how Alex should be if he joins your party. I just cannot see his story ending without his death, redemption or otherwise.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »
I don't want him playable....or like Isaac and Garet.

He's just too powerful.
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

• Go Team Flare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 03:15:25 AM »
I don't want him playable....or like Isaac and Garet.

He's just too powerful.

How about a optional character like Magus in Chrono Trigger where you can choose to either fight him and defeat him, or let him join?

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2013, 02:32:29 PM »
Let me put it this way.

Alex is heavily implied to be able to control all the elements after absorbing the power of the golden sun, and possibly even a fundament or two after DD's events.  If he's not the only playable character, then he's broken as hell.  If he is, then we'll be getting Golden Sun:  Kingdom Hearts Edition.  Because the gameplay would have to change for a single PC, and I can't see it not being an ARPG as a result.

So no.  I don't think he should join anyone.  Ever.

Offline TW

• Adept
    • View Profile
    • God
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 02:38:05 PM »
Let me put it this way.

Alex is heavily implied to be able to control all the elements after absorbing the power of the golden sun, and possibly even a fundament or two after DD's events.  If he's not the only playable character, then he's broken as hell.  If he is, then we'll be getting Golden Sun:  Kingdom Hearts Edition.  Because the gameplay would have to change for a single PC, and I can't see it not being an ARPG as a result.

So no.  I don't think he should join anyone.  Ever.
He can if he ends up losing his powers somehow, like maybe the Main Villain steals them for some machine or something, although he might still keep some of them (like the teleport)

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2013, 02:54:42 PM »
...Gonna be honest here.  I don't know anyone who wouldn't be pissed off at such an event.  Alex is being built up to be this big manipulative badass with loads of raw power at his disposal, so something like that would seem like a dick move on the developer's part to appease a tiny part of the audience that wants the guy playable.

It'd be like Light and Dark all over again.

Offline TW

• Adept
    • View Profile
    • God
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
...Gonna be honest here.  I don't know anyone who wouldn't be pissed off at such an event.  Alex is being built up to be this big manipulative badass with loads of raw power at his disposal, so something like that would seem like a dick move on the developer's part to appease a tiny part of the audience that wants the guy playable.

It'd be like Light and Dark all over again.
They probably would still do it if it came up in their minds, this is a company working under Nintendo after all

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
I'm just hoping that they at least do a mechanical overhaul of sorts.  Psynergy desperately needs dynamic stat support.  Cover/Counter moves would help slower classes not be worthless, too.  Imagine if Garet had the ability to take damage in place of an ally (Say, Ivan) and then counterattack with a spell.  Nobody would be calling him slow and useless anymore, since he's actually have the tools to do his role as a tank.

But alas, that's a whole different conversation.  Alex, to me, if he's playable, needs to be the star of the show, and it'd have to be a game more akin to Kingdom Hearts or FF Versus 13 in order really make him shine.  I feel the same way about making a game based off of an Inept - or heck, anyone else who would really confuse the hell out of the djinn rules.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 03:30:52 PM »
I'd rather he not be playable. I've said how I want his story to end before, so I won't say it again, but I think he'd be better off as an npc.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
The only thing I want Alex to be is a boss in a possible after game story. Like Red Eyes in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix Secret episode.
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

• Go Team Flare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 12:41:11 AM »
Does anybody here want to see Alex in Super Smash Bros 4?

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »
Yes. He's the other GS character I want in SSB.