Topic: Other warriors of vale  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Team Flare Zakk ( Agatio )

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Go Team Flare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 04:53:54 AM »

I kind of don't want to use any Venus Adepts at all, I hate the Venus element, my final team would be this

Does it have to be a Venus Adept?

Elaborate. Please explain to me what about the Venus Element you find unappealing. Also, yeah, it does have to be a Venus Adept. There's this thing people like called Balance. Having one of each element sorta helps that. Not all people do it, but I know many(Myself included), who do.

It's not that Venus Adepts in general suck, it's that they don't compare with the first Venus Adept himself, Isaac.

Isaac will always be Golden Sun's biggest icon and this is why I don't like any other playable Venus Adepts, Isaac is the main guy.

I remember in Lost Age, I wanted to play as Isaac, not Felix, sure I had him in battle, but I also wanted to ditch the Felix sprite on the map, and play as the man himself, Isaac, he's freakin Isaac.

Ok, about Matthew, he looks so much like his father, Isaac, he's a carbon copy basically and actually I liked that, I felt like I was Isaac, though I was basically his son, Matthew, but you can name Matthew Isaac and you wouldn't even know the difference,

You wouldn't want to play Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars and not have Mario playable would you, that's exactly what Golden Sun feels like not having Isaac or Matthew as the main character.

Takeru is just Takeru.

Compared to Isaac where he is known as "the Golden Sun guy" everybody will say who's Takeru, that's not good for a Golden Sun game, we need Isaac to be the main guy because he is Mr Golden Sun.

With that said,the story should continue with Matthew, Karis and Tyrell, then they meet up with Nowell, Proxian, Felix's kid and Takeru during their adventure, oh and Matthew still as the main character, is that balanced enough.

pipebomb!

...What I think you mean is the same thing I want.

No more squires.

Isaac was a Squire - Felix makes no sense in that class, though.  His character and thematics make me think he'd be more of a dark knight than a paladin type role like the Squire line is.  And Matt comes across to me as more of a defensive fighter than the more offensive oriented Isaac.

So assuming you're coming from that angle... Yeah.  One Isaac is enough.  If I wanted a Squire, just freaking use Isaac.

But logically speaking, that's not going to happen.  Camelot will be a bunch of lazy bums, and the game will suffer for it.

Exactly, I totally agree.

Offline J

• Adept Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 05:03:51 AM »

I kind of don't want to use any Venus Adepts at all, I hate the Venus element, my final team would be this

Does it have to be a Venus Adept?

Elaborate. Please explain to me what about the Venus Element you find unappealing. Also, yeah, it does have to be a Venus Adept. There's this thing people like called Balance. Having one of each element sorta helps that. Not all people do it, but I know many(Myself included), who do.

It's not that Venus Adepts in general suck, it's that they don't compare with the first Venus Adept himself, Isaac.

Isaac will always be Golden Sun's biggest icon and this is why I don't like any other playable Venus Adepts, Isaac is the main guy.

I remember in Lost Age, I wanted to play as Isaac, not Felix, sure I had him in battle, but I also wanted to ditch the Felix sprite on the map, and play as the man himself, Isaac, he's freakin Isaac.

Ok, about Matthew, he looks so much like his father, Isaac, he's a carbon copy basically and actually I liked that, I felt like I was Isaac, though I was basically his son, Matthew, but you can name Matthew Isaac and you wouldn't even know the difference,

You wouldn't want to play Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars and not have Mario playable would you, that's exactly what Golden Sun feels like not having Isaac or Matthew as the main character.

Takeru is just Takeru.

Compared to Isaac where he is known as "the Golden Sun guy" everybody will say who's Takeru, that's not good for a Golden Sun game, we need Isaac to be the main guy because he is Mr Golden Sun.

With that said,the story should continue with Matthew, Karis and Tyrell, then they meet up with Nowell, Proxian, Felix's kid and Takeru during their adventure, oh and Matthew still as the main character, is that balanced enough.

pipebomb!

...What I think you mean is the same thing I want.

No more squires.

Isaac was a Squire - Felix makes no sense in that class, though.  His character and thematics make me think he'd be more of a dark knight than a paladin type role like the Squire line is.  And Matt comes across to me as more of a defensive fighter than the more offensive oriented Isaac.

So assuming you're coming from that angle... Yeah.  One Isaac is enough.  If I wanted a Squire, just freaking use Isaac.

But logically speaking, that's not going to happen.  Camelot will be a bunch of lazy bums, and the game will suffer for it.

Exactly, I totally agree.

:73:

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
If that's the case, then freaking say so!  Here we were thinking you just plain hated all venus adepts period!