Topic: Arcanus and mysteries... (Spoilers ahead)  (Read 8604 times)

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 02:56:51 AM »
That's kinda what went through my head as well. He wants them both to be released upon the world, but we don't know why yet. If Volechek didn't activate the Apollo Lens, Alex probably would have.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
But what else would he stand to gain by doing so? Upgrading his arsenal of Psynergetic capabilities? Idle experimentation? What would he do with these new Adept alignments?

Offline Phalange

• Apprentice Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 09:28:39 PM »
Power? I think he likes new psynergies. I don't remember where but I think Mia said Alex was able to move the statues in front of Merc lighthouse, but that wasn't a Merc power? Also his teleportation- where did he learn that?

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 02:36:19 AM »
Teleportation is a Mercury Psynergy. Seeing as Alex is a master Mercury Adept, why would he not have mastered all forms of Mercury Psynergy? As for the statue, Felix's Move Psynergy was probably used.

Offline Matthew

• Apprentice Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »

I think that they messed up the plot with a lot of extra info. like the ancient civiliasations etc. I am thinking that in the next sequel the protagonist must be in the age of the ancient civiliasations exploring ancient weyard and you should also get to choose in which civiliasation you want to live and begin your story there. The turnwise battle also needs to be changed.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 04:34:06 AM »
I don't know about that.   As long as they go into more detail then I like the extra civilization stuff.  It makes it more interesting than just "here, go kill this and stop that."    And I personally enjoy the turn based battle.
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 01:51:20 AM »
Every element appears to have some manner of teleportation.

Retreat for Venus, which takes you to the entrance of an area.
Teleport for Jupiter, which acts as a long range teleportation.
The fan-dubbed "Mist" for Mercury, which acts as short range teleportation.
Mars is likely to have one as well.

How he got this, though, is part of the mystery - the fact that not even Mia knows what it is compounds the mystery behind Alex... how DID he get it?  Where did he learn it?  What are his motives?

As for the statues, Mia is only able to identify who she knows.  Felix is the one who did those, but Alex was with him, and as far as how people work, they'll associate the ones they know with their group. 

As for the changing of the battle system... if you want that, go play an ARPG.  You don't go to Golden Sun for the action.