Poll

What loose end do you want tied up in GS4?

Psynergy Vortexes
What happened to the other GS1 and G2 characters
Shippings
Stuff that happened between GS2 and GS3
What Alex really wanted to achieve in GS3

Topic: Loose ends  (Read 8122 times)

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »
Thank you, Tear! Someone finally agrees with me!

Anywho, I haven't taken Physics yet, but I have an idea to throw your way. I think that Tear's onto something. Think of a black hole. It begins with a violent explosion - a supernova - but then, if there's still enough mass left over, collapses in on itself - an implosion. Now, think of a Psynergy Vortex as a black hole that only affects Psynergy. Black holes are basically supercondensed matter. Sound familiar? The Vortexes are areas of supercondensed Psynergy. So, if the storymakers modeled the Vortexes after a black hole, there was an explosion and an implosion followed, forming an area of an immensely strong "Psynergetic pull" of sorts that can suck the Psynergy right out of anything possessing the said Psynergy. And, if my conjectures have any merit, the Mourning Moon is just the Psynergetic version of what's called a "supermassive black hole." Does that conjecture sound reasonable?

Offline Altearithe

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept
  • Inside the Crafty Abyss...
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart~ Where you can find all your amigurumi needs! :D
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 04:45:18 PM »
No problem! :D

That is insanely reasonable and I've forgotten all about black holes. Shows how well I retained all the stuff from Astronomy class, eh?  OTL
But yes, what you said is spot on,  and that actually may be what the creators did.

Also, thinking about that odd machine in the mountains (of-which-I-can't-remember-the-name-since-it's-been-a-while) that created a vortex, splitting Kraden and Nowell from the others, reminds me of the concerns of the use and development of CERN's Large Hadron Collider and the possibility of it creating a black hole. Possible? :D

Also, since there is the existence of such a machine, perhaps someone is trying to create another Mourning Moon. Why though? To get rid of all the adepts so only a few may reign as a god over them (maybe Alex)? Or to also get rid of the Wise One (Alex again)?
"All these science spheres are made of asbestos by the way, keeps out the rats. Let us know if you feel a shortness of breath, a persistent dry cough or your heart stopping, because that's not part of the test - that's asbestos."

--Cave Johnson (Portal 2)

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »
Just a thought! Well, another thing: Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It doesn't just disappear. My thoughts are that the Vortex leads to a machine that bestowes the stolen Psynergy to someone on some sort of receptor (Alex, perhaps?). Remember how Alex didn't get limitless power in TLA? That coud be a possibility. You could also be right. We won't know till GS4!

Offline Altearithe

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
That's true, and also the same for matter for that matter. (yeah, that was only slightly weirdly worded.)

Now, that is an interesting spin. It could go to an amplifier too if not a receptor. Who knows though till the next game comes out. :D I wouldn't mind if it takes a few years as long as they take time on it and make it as amazing as the first two. :3
"All these science spheres are made of asbestos by the way, keeps out the rats. Let us know if you feel a shortness of breath, a persistent dry cough or your heart stopping, because that's not part of the test - that's asbestos."

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 02:27:24 AM »
True. Nice wording!

Or the Psynergy could be put into the High Empyror and Alex is going to fight him! Or it could go to giant monkeys! All we can do is entertain ourselves through the guesswork.

Offline Altearithe

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
XDD Thanks

Hm...probably...or if the Psynergy is indeed channeled to the H.E., perhaps he won't be able to control it and Alex actually steals it from him?

True, but you have to admit, the scientific part was quite fun. >w<

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »
Hmmm. Maybe. Or Alex wants to get revenge on the Wise One for beasting him.

Yeah, that was.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
Its important to know what's happened to to the original characters after all the light houses were lit, but I'd also like to know more about their pasts.  Like more about Mia or Ivan and his sister, or were Sheba came from. Those are some of the things that I am very interested in, along with the other mysteries.   
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
Mia was born and raised in Imil. That's it. as for Ivan, I'm pretty sure he's a descendant of Anemos. Many people theorize the same of Sheba.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 02:24:41 AM »
I'm fairly sure Sheba is from Anemos itself. Where else would she fall from the sky from?

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 03:03:58 AM »
 I was making a pun. Get it "Descended" From Anemos

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 03:06:41 AM »
I see ;o but wasn't Ivan born in Contigo?

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 03:11:33 AM »
Ivan was born in Contigo, but his ancestors were Anemos. I think. too lazy to look up.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 01:48:55 AM »
When I mentioned Mia I was talking about her and her relation to Alex and wondering why they were the last two left of the mercury clan.  You find out where Ivan came from but not really why they left. As for Sheba, they never tell you where she came from or why she fell from the sky. I am mostly curious about Mia and Sheba.  Mia interests me because her story would probably tell you more about why Alex acts the way he does.    :mia:  :alex:     I also wouldn't mind knowing more about Piers.       But mostly I want to know about Sheba.    :sheba:
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 02:43:41 AM »
Why didn't I think of that? lol. I too would love to know the origins of the Mercury Clan.