Topic: Improvements in GS4  (Read 21061 times)

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
Well, camelot wanted some diversity with the units they gave you. Matthew, Karis, Tyrell, and Rief were practically clones of their parents, and were very basic units. Then camelot gave us Amiti, Sveta, Eoleo, and Himi, who were far from basic units. They wanted to give a little diversity to the battle system. Because they gave us those characters, they had to give them dialogue. But having 8 characters isn't the problem. The problem is that Camelot made them all participate in every conversation, making it redundant and unnecessary. They just need to have the conversations not include the entire group.

(Reading through dialog counts as gameplay, and having less characters can be counted as a solution to the problem. It's fine.)

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • The Bane of every RPG's Villain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 10:14:08 PM »
Sadly, I agree here. While I like to know as much about every character as I can, having them participate in every single conversation ticks me off... Especially when they say stupid crap. (i.e. Garet's line in the first game when they gave Babi the Mystic Draught. "Look, it's a man!" [As if you couldn't tell by the low warble of him speaking in game] What else would it be, Garet? A rock? But anyway, it's things like THAT which makes the dialogue occasionally a problem...)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 06:12:18 AM by IsaacIvan »
I'm back in the saddle, so the forum better be scared, 'cause ANOTHER poster's here!!

Also, check out my YouTube channel: MrMcMageMuffin :D

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
  • Yes that is a Venus Djinn tattoo. #yolo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:52 AM »
As much as the makers like to give an idea of each characters' personality through conversation, they should still use dialogue based on necessity for the storyline. I personally think it that DD had the most useless conversation. And the fact that Blados and Chalis did the whole mind game thing of going back and forth each conversation, was pretty frustrating. Guess that's the point though but still it's kind of useless.

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 12:25:43 AM »
I agree with that, but if the conversation has an ulterior motive, then I'm good with it. But the dialogue didn't ruin DD all that much. There are flaws in every game, no exceptions.
I'm back in the saddle, so the forum better be scared, 'cause ANOTHER poster's here!!

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 01:59:59 AM »
So dialogue and upgrading, that's all we've come up with ??
 :09:

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 02:59:09 AM »
I guess so. There's not much else wrong with it... IMHO, of course.

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
Well, we started talking about changing the battle system, but then we just stopped. Does anyone have any ideas on how that could be improved?

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 09:10:23 PM »
I like it a lot better in DD when if, say, Matthew kills an enemy out of a party of 2, then the next character will automatically take its turn on the remaining enemy, whereas in GS and TLA they would defend. Although with the defence thing you were forced to strategize better if you wanted to end the battle quicker, but in DD it's just convenient. So that's a improvement  they already made I guess, but just pointing it out.

Also, the upgrading on the weapons, like when it says Matthew has mastered the ___!, that's pretty sweet as well as you can do awesome stuff with your weapon at that point. Oh, wupz, I was going to suggest you could upgrade your psynergy as an 'improvement' however I guess you already do as you level up.

WAH I can't think of anything.  :14:

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
I think camelot needs to expand the map a little. I meen come on! DD's map is kind of big, but the use of the ship was awful. The timing for it was bad. You barely even needed it. its like "op! nothing we can do here lets go on this ship. Few minutes later. op! i beat the game. NEXT!!"
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:30 AM »
Interesting theory...

Without the boat how would you get around across the water? The map is quite large considering it's only the north and eastern lands of Weyard. I guess considering the majority of places to go are along the border of Angara(?), you could just walk along the shore if possible but then what would have happened to Briggs' ship after he died? It was obvious you'd get it, where else could you go? I don't understand why you think the ship was a bad idea ppleeasseee explain further.

:09:

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 02:09:23 AM »
He thinks that there wasn't enough to do with the ship after you got it(Correct me if I'm wrong). I disagree. You could go after the story only and finish the game quickly, but there were a lot of things to do, such as djinn hunting and weapon hunting. They wanted to give you some freedom before the end of the game and some time to prepare for the final battle.

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2011, 04:24:02 AM »
Okay, so Shine, what do you wish there was more of to do with the boat? What else would there be to do with it that isn't already available? I agree that the time to beat the game isn't much after you get the boat, but Mercury is right, there's more to do than just what you HAVE to do. And you need the boat to do them. The only real thing you had to do to beat the game after the boat-acquiring was get the third eye, Himi and the Umbra gear. Which, put in such a simple way as I just did, doesn't seem like a lot, there's definitely other stuff that happens between all that. What else could they have put? More cities? For what purpose?

You're making me think too much!  :gsagitated:

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 06:30:53 AM »
Well,The map seems plenty large to me. Perhaps sidequests that expand the game even further and yield the best weapons when completed. (One unique to each character, perhaps?) Of course, the sidequests would have to be extremely hard. Not Dullahan's difficulty level, but about there. Maybe about the level of that one demon that could take over your characters...

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
Okay, so Shine, what do you wish there was more of to do with the boat? What else would there be to do with it that isn't already available? I agree that the time to beat the game isn't much after you get the boat, but Mercury is right, there's more to do than just what you HAVE to do. And you need the boat to do them. The only real thing you had to do to beat the game after the boat-acquiring was get the third eye, Himi and the Umbra gear. Which, put in such a simple way as I just did, doesn't seem like a lot, there's definitely other stuff that happens between all that. What else could they have put? More cities? For what purpose?

You're making me think too much!  :gsagitated:

What i mean is even with all the side quests and stuff you don't really have much to with the boat. they should have introduced it a little bit sooner. And the only boss(x2) in the storyline (not including bonus bosses)after they introduced the boat was the two finale bosses. Come on!! There were a lot more bosses in the first 2 gs games (not combined) I'm just saying the timing for the boat was bad 'cause there was barely any storyline adventure after they introduced it.  IT NEEDS MORE BOSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :gsangry:
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »
Oooooooooooh.  :gsidea:

I can see that. Yes, yes, I concur.  :47: