Topic: The Time is Now  (Read 5064 times)

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
  • No matter how old we get, we are still children.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 06:33:49 AM »
I also hate companies that hate fangames, even when the game is based on a game franchise that has not had a sequel in years

Like Chrono trigger; two fangames were made, Chrono resurrection and Chrono chrome, both got ceased and desist letters from Square Enix

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:44 AM »
Star was only talking about what it costs to make the game. That's not factoring in Cases, manuals, advertising, and other stuff like that. They need to make sure people will buy it if they are going to take a chance on a fringe property like GS.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 06:40:37 AM »
I also hate companies that hate fangames, even when the game is based on a game franchise that has not had a sequel in years

Like Chrono trigger; two fangames were made, Chrono resurrection and Chrono chrome, both got ceased and desist letters from Square Enix

It rules our lives.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
  • No matter how old we get, we are still children.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 06:42:47 AM »

It rules our lives.
It's time to destroy that sucker forever!

Oh, and isn't making the fangames free advertising pretty much?

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 06:50:30 AM »
In a way, yes. But banning free fan games is a great way to lose customers.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »
Copyright is all that matters. It's theor property, they will do with it what they please. Just look at Intelligent Systems, they are cool with FE mods, so long as they are not making money.

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »
I have yet another Golden Sun Pipebomb that needs to be said..

I read that somewhere in a interview that Takahashi mentioned if enough fans ask for Golden Sun it will happen.

That is stupid, everybody has been asking for over 10 years, just make the freaken sequel to Dark Dawn and STOP FIDDLING AROUND WITH WRETCHED MARIO SPORTS GAMES, we don't want to see those, we want another Golden Sun made.

Sure some of you can admit, I've been doing it too, we've been playing other games and often putting Golden Sun aside, but that's not our fault, make more Golden Sun games Takahashi.

Some of us might forget a little about it, that's because we are not seeing Goldn Sun games as often as we should.

Some of us didn't like Dark Dawn as much as Lost Age and Broken Seal, well I'm sure those people would like to see a better Golden Sun game than Dark Dawn.

Then there is those who live under a rock and refuse to acknowledge the greatness of Golden Sun, or go around playing a blind eye saying they don't know what it is.

Everybody is getting so busy with other games it's easy to forget about a game that

1. had two good games back in GBA days,

2. most recent being 3 years ago, I liked it, but there are some who didn't like it as much as the first two

3. being put aside by Takahashi because he wants to make this Mario Tennis and Mario Golf garbage

4. Isaac was in Brawl as a Assist Trophy, often a item people turn off, it didn't help that Isaac or some other Golden Sun character wasn't playable in Brawl, in which Super Smash Bros is a really popular game, if Ness wasn't put in it, I wouldn't even know who he was or that Earthbound existed.

5. Takahashi is just a big jerk

Just think about it, if Golden Sun had more games coming out,  we wouldn't be in this mess, Golden Sun Dark Dawn would of happened years ago, Golden Sun 4 and Golden Sun 5 and perhaps even Golden Sun 6 would have been out.

Also we would have a few Golden Sun spin offs, a fighting game, maybe a Golden Sun Monsters game where we can catch the monsters found in Golden Sun games and train them.

Brawl would of had two Golden Sun characters playable, plus a Assist Trophy

For Super Smash Bros for 3ds/WiiU, we'd be talking about what characters would be returning or replacing from Brawl rather than just saying Isaac as a newcomer.

This is all Takahashi's doing guys.

But, don't worry, I'm here,do you know why I am considered probably the biggest Golden Sun fan ever?

Because I'm the best in the world at this game, I feel it is my destiny to start a revolution to change the flow of Golden Sun forever, we the fans will start a revolution that will make Golden Sun a top notch series, soon we will be seeing a new Golden Sun game every year, so join me in this revolution, Golden Sun shall be as great as Nintendo's finest such as Fire Emblem, Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Starfox, soon Golden Sun shall be among all of those!

Pipebomb.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 09:49:21 PM »

Not all companies are the same.  Square Enix, yes, is known for being hard on enforcement.
But Nintendo been known for the opposite.

Fire Emblem 6 and Mother 3 both are well known and publicized for have fan translations for emulators, and Nintendo looks the other way.
Mother 4 is a fan game currently in development, with no currently known actions taken against it.

Hell, say what you want about Capcom, but they didn't just not shut down a megaman fangame, they FREAKING DISTRIBUTED IT.

And heck, Ms. Pacman, one of the greatest selling games out there, is a fan game.  They approached Namco with it, and namco went HELL YES and hired the guys and made the game freaking official!

So it really depends on the company.  Now, I know Nintendo's been doing some strange stuff with Youtube, but that so far appears to be the exception, not the rule.  So long as you don't try to sell this stuff, they seem to be willing to look the other way - and if you approach them with it, who knows - they may just embrace you, tell you 'good job', and help you get your game out to the masses.  You may score yourself something pretty for your resume or even a job.