Topic: Note: Controversial Issues  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« on: March 30, 2013, 05:00:09 AM »
In response to some rather impertinent posts today, I want to make 2 points clear.

1, In today's society, controversial issues are part of life. That said, different people are bound to have different and/or multiple opinions. When addressing such issues, it is both respectful and appropriate to give one's opinion in a considerate manner. As per Rule #3 of the forums, "Respect your merpeople." If you guys want to make a topic about politics and debatable issues, I'm all for it. But when people begin to lose their temper and insults get thrown around, that's when you know there's a big problem.
Honestly, it's not hard to respect someone's opinion on a particular subject. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. You can express your own individual opinions without being ignorant. Just be considerate. Which brings me to my next point.

2, This is a really good forum, with even better people. I have known all of you guys of some amount of time now, and you all have qualities I respect. I don't care if you do or do not like someone on this site because of their personal beliefs or opinions: granted, there are people I do not like in the world either. Just don't disrespect them on the forums. Your opinions matter, regardless of who you are. But if I see anyone disrespecting someone else, I will be forced to take action.

I'm asking you guys, please don't force my hand in - bluntly stated - something so stupid. I like you guys. And for me to do that to one of you would suck. Plus, it hurts the site.

I'm not going to take action this time around, because it seems I'm the only staff member on the site right now, so a consensus can't be made. But next time I'll have to do something.

Summary: Be respectful, or bahn hammahr.

Thanks,
Legend

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 05:03:12 AM »
Thank you, and I'm sorry about my part in it.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:11:23 AM »
What exactly happened? o_O If I may ask...

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
I'm not going to take action this time around, because it seems I'm the only staff member on the site right now, so a consensus can't be made.

I am here every day still checking, just so you know. However I do seem to have missed what has happened here. I'd appreciate a pm filling me in with the details, thank you.