Topic: Digimon X Pokémon When Fantasy Meets Reality(Sign-up)  (Read 3489 times)

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
  • ~Clan Wars Judge~ Just Try and Mess with Me!
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:05:40 PM »
For this RP you'll be an everyday regular human who Likes to play Digimon or Pokemon or Both. Your Game Game System (GB, GBC, GBA, GBASP, DS, 3DS, PsP, PSVita, Laptop) Will act as the means for you to use and Interact with your Pokemon/Digimon.

Name:
Appearance:
Game Systems:
Tamer/Trainer:
Roster: (3 Digimon if Tamer, 6 Pokémon if Trainer, 2 each if Hybrid(can have an additional of both as long as they become Non-Battle)
FriendCode:(Will remain hidden until laters)

Since this is just the sign-up i'm willing to make adjustments. Also Fakemons are allowed to an extent

Name: Takoshi Wolfite
Appearance: 5'10 Short Blonde hair, green eyes. Wears Blue jeans and a Black and Blue Shirt with a wolf imbed into it. Wears a Black Beanie and Black fingerless gloves and Black steel-toed Shoes.
Game System: 3DS and Laptop
Tamer/Trainer: Both
Roster:
(Autumn)RedRenamon(Rika)
BlackSalamon(Scylla)
WhiteGaomon(Wanya)(Non-Battle)
(Shiney)Riolu♀(Harley)
Charmander♂(Dragoon)(Non-Battle)
Fennekin♀(Foxie)
FriendCode: 4167-4524-0852

(Also can't Start with Legendary Pokémon or Digimon. And they can't be above Rookie or First Forms at the start)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:48:41 PM by TakoshiWolfite »

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »
Name: Kyle (I finally use my real name in something)

Appearance: Medium length Dirty Blonde hair (finger combed), 5' 7 1/2'', Color Changing eyes from blue to green. (Yes seriously that's what my eyes do) Wears an Orange and Black Baseball cap and a green Trench coat at times. Has a Black and Gold LoZ shirt and Grey pants. Wears casual White Tennisshoes.

Game Systems: GBA-SP, DS, 3DS, and Laptop

Tamer/Trainer: Trainer

Roster:
CYNDAQUIL♂(Charly)
MAREEP♀(Fluffy)
Squirtle♀(Aquarius)
ONIX♂(Rocky) (Traded)
PIDGEY♂(Aeron)
TOGEPI♂

FriendCode:??
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:53:27 PM by Ivan Strider »
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »
Accepted Togepi is not considered as legendary and Hunter will have to be de-evolved to Gastly until it's time to evolve.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
WHOOPS I forgot that Gaunter was a Gastly
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Lunor

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »
Okay, I'll bite.

Name: Soltur (unless I have to use my real name)
Appearance: 5'8'' with short, brown hair. Wears jean pants and a solid colored shirt with sunglasses.
Systems: DS, 3DS, Laptop
ROSTER:

Charmander (male) (Charizard)
Wailmer (female) (Wailord)
Tropius (male)
Machop (male) (Machamp)
Abra (female) (Alakazam)
Absol (female)

Friend Code: ???

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »
Roster: (3 Digimon if Tamer, 6 Pokémon if Trainer, 3 each if both)

This still bugs me.  If you can only have 3 digimon if you're a tamer, but 6 pokemon if you're a trainer, then that means digimon are weighted by a 1:2 ratio.  That means that if you do both, you should have 2 of each, not 3 of each, because 3 of each would be broken.  I mean, hell - why be a tamer at all if you can add three more pokemon with no downside?

To show this visually:

See how the first two, the Tamer and Trainer, match up?  But look at how the First Hybrid looks.  It's unbalanced as hell.  Compare with the Second Hybrid, which matches up just as evenly as the Tamer and Trainer classes.

Balance is important, because without it, some things become pointless.  If you get the same number of mons as both a Tamer and Hybrid, why the hell would you EVER want to be a Tamer?

(Autumn)RedRenamon(Rika)
BlackSalamon(Scylla)
WhiteGaomon(Wanya)
(Shiney)Riolu♀(Harley)
Charmander♂(Dragoon)
Fennekin♀(Foxie)
This also bugs the hell out of me.  Those three digimon... aren't actual digimon.  And Fennekin?  Are you waiting until October to start this RP or something?  Because we know like, nothing about it.  Not what it's stats are like, not what its moves are, nor even what it evolves into.  Now, if we're waiting until Gen VI, I can understand it, but I can't understand the digimon.  Not sure OC pokemon or digimon are a good idea, since there's literally no basis for them.  How are we supposed to know what they can do, when they exist only in your head?  Would it not be better to use canon mons so that we can look them up and get a sense of what to expect, especially considering the context of this RP - where they literally come to life from the games?

Anywho, once I get confirmation, I will be willing to enter a balanced hybrid character.  However, until Gen VI actually comes out, I will not be able to list specifics for my pokemon.  In the spirit of Gen VI, I want to base my character around Fairy mons, and... well, gotta see what's fairy and what's not.  Got my digimon selection ready, though.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:25:07 PM by Rolina »

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
Ok Renamon and Gaomon are just different colored versions of the original digimon everything else about them is the same. BlackSalamon is suppose to be the Rookie form of BlackGatomon, who evolves into Lady Devimon and finally into Lilithmon(After beating Lilithmon that is).
Evo-line:
BlkSalamon(Rookie)->BlkGatomon(Champion)->LadyDevimon(Ultimate)->Lilithmon(Mega).
On second thought I probably won't have the digimon go past Champion since Ultimate and Mega are too powerful against Pokemon.
As for pokemon yes I'm waiting till X and Y are Released so we know more about the Generation 6 Pokemon. (I was Waiting for someone to catch that).

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
Salamon/Plotmon IS the child form.  Digimon heavily uses Split evolution.  See:  Plotmon, BlackTailmon

Also, I think Digimon can hit Perfect levels, but I agree that Ultimate and Mode+ forms would be OP in this story, so having an endgame "level" with a stage lower than that would be a good idea.

Also... Just to let you know, I use original Names and Terms because of how inconsistent the dub is (is it Panjyamon or IceLeomon?  Answer:  Yes.  Is it Rockmon or Golemon?  Answer:  Yes.  IN THE SAME EPISODE. *facepalms*

As such, I'm gonna be linking my characters to Wikimon so that you know who I'm talking about.  I'll get her posted in a little bit, gimme a sec to gather the links and type it up.

But I'm serious about the sense of balance.  There is absolutely no freaking reason to be a Tamer instead of a hybrid.  That... kinda needs to change.

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »
Ok I'll add that in, I actually like that idea as more of how to do the battles while still getting to keep the 3 for 3. *thinks for a while* I guess I'll just have the third Digimon and second pokemon of my roster as non-battling Mons.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »
So basically they're put in the "box" so to speak?

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
Sure lets go with that.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 10:52:05 PM »
Name:  Iwakami Shinju
Appearance:  Somewhere between here (11) and here (25).
Game Systems:  Nintendo 3DS
Tamer/Trainer:  Hybrid
Roster and Default Evo Paths:

Slot one:  Lota  - LopmonPucchimonLillimon (→ Lotusmon)
Slot two:  Silpha - PlotmonFairimonShutumon (→ JetSilphymon) (May change to a Witchmon based line depending on Pokemon Gen VI)
Slot three:  Prairie? - Petilil? → Lilligant? (subject to change based on Gen VI)
Slot four:  Meadow? - Flabebe? → ??? (subject to change based on Gen VI)

FriendCode: ????-????-????

Bio:  Shinju grew up an only child with many friends.  When the pokemon/digimon craze hit, those friends were the ones who got her into it, and she fell in love with it.  Years later, when they were phasing out of popularity, while many of her friends left and mocked for "liking pokemon and digimon", she kept on loving them, and though she lost her old friends, she not only gained new ones in other fans, she held on to her friends she'd raised and loved for so long.  A big fan of fairies and the fantasy genre, the recent generation of pokemon really got her pumped for the new type of mon, and she dedicated herself to creating both a team of mons in her digimon and her pokmeon games based on fairies in celebration.  Little did she realize that some of them would soon be joining her...

Notes:  As most Digimon Players, she knows her digimon not by their Child Forms, but instead by her Ultimate forms.  While the event causes them to revert to their Child forms, they're known by a name based on their Ultimate forms instead.

Translation notes:  Both Shinju and I use original terms for digimon, because the Dub can't make up it's freaking mind.  Pokemon, on the other hand, uses Dub names due to both familiarity and consistency. 

Dub:
Fresh  → In-Training → Rookie → Champion → Ultimate → Mega

Original:
Baby I → Baby II     → Child  → Adult    → Perfect  → Ultimate
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:18:58 PM by Rolina »

Offline Epic Lepricorn

• Mercury Clan
  • Adept Knight
  • Sun Goes Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 12:23:55 AM »
Name: Steve

Appearance: 5'11'' with curly black hair (wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt)

Systems:Laptop

ROSTER:

Dratini (male) (Wreck-gar)

Snorlax (male) (Omega Supreme) unless i need to start with a munchlax

Larvitar (male) (Grimlock)

Makuhita (male) (Bulkhead)

Tynamo (male) (Bumblebee)

Magby (male) (Lugnut)

friend code:???
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:53:38 AM by Epic Lepricorn »
Sai! Gorilla! Zou! SaGoZo! SaGoZo!

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »
Yes you start with Munchlax

Edit: Also please use a different name than Lepricorn

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 12:48:06 AM »
Ok You don't need to use your real name for this RP but i do want it to seem like it could be a legitimate name for a person.