Topic: Golden Sun 4 (Main Topic)  (Read 6869 times)

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 07:08:01 AM »
I don't know
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »
*Sinks all ships*

No ships.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 06:15:55 AM »
Thanks! :)

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
Personally, I don't want two teams.  DD blundered that one pretty bad.  Instead, I want a single team with a stronger focus on character growth.

The team would be (speaking only of base classes):

Felix and Sheba's daughter - Physical, Jupiter Adept, acts similarly to Squire.
Proxian boy - Caster, Mars Adept, healer akin to mia's Angel line.  Not related to anyone from the past games.
Takeru - Physical, Venus adept.  Has a more tank-like role, and with proper tank support.  No healing, though.
Nowell - Caster, Mercury Adept, full on blaster.  Offensive spells are her thing.

They would have full class separation - that means no more sharing of classes.  They would also have classes optimized for their team, so you'd see things like Venus djinn granting classes with higher defense, and Jupiter djinn granting classes with higher Attack, rather than the way it currently works.  And please - pleasepleaseplease - add proper caster support by granting two new stats akin to my Casting and Warding.

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Personally, I don't want two teams.  DD blundered that one pretty bad.  Instead, I want a single team with a stronger focus on character growth.

The team would be (speaking only of base classes):

Felix and Sheba's daughter - Physical, Jupiter Adept, acts similarly to Squire.
Proxian boy - Caster, Mars Adept, healer akin to mia's Angel line.  Not related to anyone from the past games.
Takeru - Physical, Venus adept.  Has a more tank-like role, and with proper tank support.  No healing, though.
Nowell - Caster, Mercury Adept, full on blaster.  Offensive spells are her thing.

They would have full class separation - that means no more sharing of classes.  They would also have classes optimized for their team, so you'd see things like Venus djinn granting classes with higher defense, and Jupiter djinn granting classes with higher Attack, rather than the way it currently works.  And please - pleasepleaseplease - add proper caster support by granting two new stats akin to my Casting and Warding.

No, the Proxian shouldn't be a healer, that's stupid, he should like Saturos and Agatio, powerful with really unique Mars Psynergy only a Proxian can use, like Agatio's Rising Dragon, or being able to turn into a Flame Dragon and use powerful psynergies like Dragon Driver and Outer Space.

If anything, the Proxian should be more like Sveta.

I don't see anything wrong with him having the Aura healing Psynergy like Jenna and Karst, but don't make him a complete healer like Rief in whom was the weakest piece of garbage I've ever seen in a Golden Sun game.

Nowell replaces Rief and probably has the Wish series, and I totally agree with making her more offensive than Rief was, maybe she can use a Light Blade like Karis.

I like the idea of Felix and Sheba's daughter being the new Jupiter Adept, please give her Mind Read

I don't care what they do with Takeru, I'm using Matthew as my Venus Adept.

Yeah I disagree with not including Matthew's team, I think Matthew, Karis and Tyrell will return, and Amiti should return too.

So the other four should be

Matthew
Karis
Tyrell
Amiti

Also I'd like to see a feature that allows us to run around the map as whomever we want, like in Final Fantasy.

For example say I want to run around as Amiti, just put him in the leading spot of the team and he becomes the guy running around the world map.

Also do away with the mute protagonist and just let everybody talk.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 07:31:39 PM »
Wow, you have neither tact nor any sense of team balance at all, do you?  Quick question - what's your opinion on Mia?

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »
Wow, you have neither tact nor any sense of team balance at all, do you?  Quick question - what's your opinion on Mia?

That's a easy one, I love Mia.

In Lost Age I changed her to being a Guru to gain a duel type with moves like Pure Wish, Pyroclasm and Hail Prism, I gave her every single stat boosting item in the game such as Apples, Cookies, Mints, to increase her stats, and I have her as my lead character.

I always main her in battle in otherwords.

Rief was different, HE was a boy, and being a boy and not being able to lift a Light Blade, that's weak, Ivan was able to use a Lght Blade, so Rief should have been able to use a Light Blade, all he can use is staffs.

Also the fact that Rief was a boy replacing Mia bothered me, Nowell is like another Mia much like Matthew is another Isaac, which I think they should have had Rief not even exist.

I NEVER USED MIA AS A HEALER, she's too good for that, let stupid Jenna heal.

Why are you saying for the Proxian to be a stupid healer?

The Proxian should be a powerhouse with unique abilities , not a healer, just have Nowell have the Wish Psynergy series and that good enough.

My idea of a team was perfect.

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
  • No matter how old we get, we are still children.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »
Here are the party members that will be in the next game (more than likely):

Returning:
Matthew
Karis
Tyrell
Amiti
Rief (Non-playable)

New:
Felix' and Sheba's Son (Venus)
Takeru (Mars, if Eoleo can do it, so can Takeru)
That Jupiter girl in Contigo or Feizhi's child
Nowell (Mercury, the hair is a dead giveaway, which is weird since Mia was originally gonna be a Mars adept and Jenna a Mercury adept)

Makes sense actually, why?, well the first game had three males one female, while the second two males two females, the list I have has three males returning along with one female, while the new characters are two females and two males

Besides, this list is obvious to an extent, if you guys bothered to study the characters and their actions in the first two games

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »
@Agatio:  So let me get this straight - you hate Rief, who is statistically identical in every possible way to Mia, yet you love Mia?

To hammer this home...

Exact same stat targets (therefore, stat growths)
Exact same classes, both base and alt
Exact same equipment selection
Exact same role in the party

Yet you love Mia, and hate Rief?  THEY ARE LITERALLY THE SAME GOD DAMNED THING, SAVE FOR GENDER!  How the hell, does that make any sense?  Since you aren't above insulting others for daring to have a difference in opinion, I'll take great joy in ripping you apart here.

What are you, an idiot?  Are you seriously that stupid to not see what's right in front of you?  What, do you think that him not being able to use blades has anything to do with how heavy they are?  What do you have against girls that makes you think we're weak and pathetic?  So you're a sexist pig, is that what you're saying?  Are you saying that physical girls shouldn't be a thing in Golden Sun?  Have you ever thought about the fact that it may have nothing to do with how strong or weak a person is, and instead have to do with what they've been trained to use?  It's called WEAPON PROFICIENCY.  Sure, he can pick up and swing a blade around, but he knows nothing of the technique in doing so - instead, he opts to pick up a mace, WHICH WEIGH MORE, and club you to death with it.  Yes, that's right, Rief doesn't give a damn about stabbing people with a cutty thing, he'd rather bash your skull in and watch your brains fly out of your head.

Now, I'll give you that Rief makes no sense as a Cleric - he's a scholar, not a healer, so it'd have made more sense to for him to have a well rounded class - some attack spells, some support spells, and the one area healing line.  That makes more sense for his personality.  But DD screwed up EVERYONE'S class.  Nobody's class makes any god damned sense for them.  Tyrell is impulsive and aggressive - he should be a DPS character, not a tank.  Sveta opts to beat your face in with her bare fists - so why the hell is her base class built like a mage?  And for that matter, why the hell is her only unique alt class - a dual element class - built like a tri-elemental physical class?  And why were they so lazy that it has the exact same spell selection as her Overdrive class, the Wild Animal line?

But that's not what this is about.  No, you not understanding that the two are identical and have the same role in the party only proves to me one thing - you're too dumb to deserve the air you breathe.  You insist that everything go your way, and when someone makes a suggestion you don't like, you not only disagree, you insult them and call them an idiot for thinking that.

How dare I want a balanced team.
How dare I want a balanced selection of genders.
How dare I want racial variety in the party.
How dare I chose a Martian that makes sense to start with the MC, Felix/Sheba's Daughter.

No, we should clearly do what you want to do, and that's "do whatever".  Amiti has a god damned nation to run.  Same as Sveta.  It makes no sense for them to be a second party for anything.  Oh, and how about some of that other bullshit, hmm?  Dragon Diver and Outer Space, for example.  They're not psynergies - they're SUMMONS.  And how about Heat Flash and Rising Dragon?  Heat Flash is an Unleash - it was heavily implied that it, as well as Death Scythe and whatever the hell Agatio's version was, are tied not to them, but to their weapon.  Rising Dragon has a power of 250, compared to Dragon Fume's 230.  in other words, it's not even a tier stronger - it's roughly similar in strength, and weak for a physical adept to use.  I'm not even kidding.  Oh, and how about Cage?  Well, that almost never hits.  You'd be better off changing it so that it inflicts paralysis instead.  And where the hell do you get off saying that these are 'unique to proxians'?  I can see a dragonform being done in the same manner as beastform, but with djinni to regulate it so they don't, you know, DIE like Prox duos did after using them.  But do you seriously think that'd work like a healer class?  What the hell do you think Dragons DO?  A martian dragon, obviously, would KILL IT WITH FIRE.  And yet you're bitching because... he... can do that?  How the hell does that make ANY sense?  And how about that weapon selection?  Have you ever considered that I may not give him the Sage build?  That I may give him a god damned scythe?  Nope, apparently your brain couldn't comprehend such a thing.

To you, healer = Rief.  Which means that if I make him a healer, he's stuck doing everything Rief does.  Except, you know, IF HE DID THAT THEN HE'D BE ANOTHER MIA.  Not Rief, MIA.  Because that's MIA's class and MIA's setup.  NOT ALL HEALERS ARE MIA.  And why you're bashing Jenna, one of the most OP characters in the game, I'll never understand.

Why the hell would I, someone who's argued on behalf of variety and things being DIFFERENT, ever want a character to be exactly like another?  Are you that dense that you haven't begun to understand that maybe I might make it so that he's not ALWAYS a healer?  That maybe, just like Mia and Ivan, that he'll have some powerhouse classes to switch to if he wanted?  That maybe this Scythe Wielding Healer can become a scythe wielding menace that turns into a f***ing fire breathing dragon of DEATH?

This doesn't say anything about your ideas being "perfect" save for your perfect lack of an imagination.  If you're too stupid to see the potential, and so feeble minded that you can't accept other people having their own opinions, then maybe you should just shut up, hmm? 

Your idea is shit.  Not because it's bad, not because it's flawed (oh, it is.  It so is.), not because it's essentially "I don't want a new team I'll just use the old one" - it's shit because you refuse to accept anyone else's ideas as a valid possibility.

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »
@Agatio:  So let me get this straight - you hate Rief, who is statistically identical in every possible way to Mia, yet you love Mia?

To hammer this home...

Exact same stat targets (therefore, stat growths)
Exact same classes, both base and alt
Exact same equipment selection
Exact same role in the party

Yet you love Mia, and hate Rief?  THEY ARE LITERALLY THE SAME GOD DAMNED THING, SAVE FOR GENDER!  How the hell, does that make any sense?  Since you aren't above insulting others for daring to have a difference in opinion, I'll take great joy in ripping you apart here.

What are you, an idiot?  Are you seriously that stupid to not see what's right in front of you?  What, do you think that him not being able to use blades has anything to do with how heavy they are?  What do you have against girls that makes you think we're weak and pathetic?  So you're a sexist pig, is that what you're saying?  Are you saying that physical girls shouldn't be a thing in Golden Sun?  Have you ever thought about the fact that it may have nothing to do with how strong or weak a person is, and instead have to do with what they've been trained to use?  It's called WEAPON PROFICIENCY.  Sure, he can pick up and swing a blade around, but he knows nothing of the technique in doing so - instead, he opts to pick up a mace, WHICH WEIGH MORE, and club you to death with it.  Yes, that's right, Rief doesn't give a damn about stabbing people with a cutty thing, he'd rather bash your skull in and watch your brains fly out of your head.

Now, I'll give you that Rief makes no sense as a Cleric - he's a scholar, not a healer, so it'd have made more sense to for him to have a well rounded class - some attack spells, some support spells, and the one area healing line.  That makes more sense for his personality.  But DD screwed up EVERYONE'S class.  Nobody's class makes any god damned sense for them.  Tyrell is impulsive and aggressive - he should be a DPS character, not a tank.  Sveta opts to beat your face in with her bare fists - so why the hell is her base class built like a mage?  And for that matter, why the hell is her only unique alt class - a dual element class - built like a tri-elemental physical class?  And why were they so lazy that it has the exact same spell selection as her Overdrive class, the Wild Animal line?

But that's not what this is about.  No, you not understanding that the two are identical and have the same role in the party only proves to me one thing - you're too dumb to deserve the air you breathe.  You insist that everything go your way, and when someone makes a suggestion you don't like, you not only disagree, you insult them and call them an idiot for thinking that.

How dare I want a balanced team.
How dare I want a balanced selection of genders.
How dare I want racial variety in the party.
How dare I chose a Martian that makes sense to start with the MC, Felix/Sheba's Daughter.

No, we should clearly do what you want to do, and that's "do whatever".  Amiti has a god damned nation to run.  Same as Sveta.  It makes no sense for them to be a second party for anything.  Oh, and how about some of that other bullshit, hmm?  Dragon Diver and Outer Space, for example.  They're not psynergies - they're SUMMONS.  And how about Heat Flash and Rising Dragon?  Heat Flash is an Unleash - it was heavily implied that it, as well as Death Scythe and whatever the hell Agatio's version was, are tied not to them, but to their weapon.  Rising Dragon has a power of 250, compared to Dragon Fume's 230.  in other words, it's not even a tier stronger - it's roughly similar in strength, and weak for a physical adept to use.  I'm not even kidding.  Oh, and how about Cage?  Well, that almost never hits.  You'd be better off changing it so that it inflicts paralysis instead.  And where the hell do you get off saying that these are 'unique to proxians'?  I can see a dragonform being done in the same manner as beastform, but with djinni to regulate it so they don't, you know, DIE like Prox duos did after using them.  But do you seriously think that'd work like a healer class?  What the hell do you think Dragons DO?  A martian dragon, obviously, would KILL IT WITH FIRE.  And yet you're bitching because... he... can do that?  How the hell does that make ANY sense?  And how about that weapon selection?  Have you ever considered that I may not give him the Sage build?  That I may give him a god damned scythe?  Nope, apparently your brain couldn't comprehend such a thing.

To you, healer = Rief.  Which means that if I make him a healer, he's stuck doing everything Rief does.  Except, you know, IF HE DID THAT THEN HE'D BE ANOTHER MIA.  Not Rief, MIA.  Because that's MIA's class and MIA's setup.  NOT ALL HEALERS ARE MIA.  And why you're bashing Jenna, one of the most OP characters in the game, I'll never understand.

Why the hell would I, someone who's argued on behalf of variety and things being DIFFERENT, ever want a character to be exactly like another?  Are you that dense that you haven't begun to understand that maybe I might make it so that he's not ALWAYS a healer?  That maybe, just like Mia and Ivan, that he'll have some powerhouse classes to switch to if he wanted?  That maybe this Scythe Wielding Healer can become a scythe wielding menace that turns into a f***ing fire breathing dragon of DEATH?

This doesn't say anything about your ideas being "perfect" save for your perfect lack of an imagination.  If you're too stupid to see the potential, and so feeble minded that you can't accept other people having their own opinions, then maybe you should just shut up, hmm? 

Your idea is shit.  Not because it's bad, not because it's flawed (oh, it is.  It so is.), not because it's essentially "I don't want a new team I'll just use the old one" - it's shit because you refuse to accept anyone else's ideas as a valid possibility.
Post reported for violation of the following Rules:
:venus_djinn: The Rules :venus_djinn:

Please follow these rules or you'll face the mighty Merguards (moderators).  :61:

- :mercury_djinn: Rule 1:  :alex:
Do not use any bad language at all times.

- :mars_djinn: Rule 3:  :saturos:
Respect your merepeople.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »
Do kindly quote him with that as well then, because it started with him saying I was stupid for my ideas.

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 09:11:35 PM »
Do kindly quote him with that as well then, because it started with him saying I was stupid for my ideas.
Sorry but no

He unlike you is not in-tuned with the rules at the moment, he only recently got here, thus I find him more forgiving for any rule breaking

You on the other hand have been here for months now, you had time to read the rules and to follow them eventually

~Also, I don't do requests

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »
It matters not how new or old a person is, rules are rules.  If you cannot hold him by the same rules you hold me to, then what's the point of the rules to begin with?

Being new is no excuse.  That only serves to show disrespect to who you claim to "know better" by showing preferential treatment.

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 09:46:35 PM »
I tend to judge members based on posts, I can tell Agatio is 13 or below (or possibly English just isn't his first language)

I treat rules like how the law works, we hold adults more accountable than minors, thus I hold older members more accountable than newer ones

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »
Except the punishment here isn't jail time, it's significantly more minor and has little to do with the hard breaking of laws, which is why the law works the way it does.  Laws are put into place to protect each other, but the rules here are put in place for different reasons.  The first ones are the obvious "Don't break the law when you post", and the others are about etiquette.

Being young doesn't excuse you.  Being new doesn't excuse you.  The way he types is irrelevant.  The way he presents himself and treats others is what matters here.  If he can get away with blatantly breaking these rules just because "he's young", then the rules mean nothing, and you, a lowly member, hardly have any say over how they're enforced.

Treat everyone equally in the eyes of the rules, or leave the enforcement to people who capable of doing it justly.