Topic: Proxian as the new Mars Adept  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:20:45 AM »
Ok guys I'd like to discuss the character that could potentially replace Eoleo in Golden Sun 4 as the new Mars Adept in which due to no confirmed identity we simply call him/her Proxian.

A Proxian being a playable character is something I think should happen, Proxians have unique abilities such as turning into dragons, unique Mars Psynergy nobody else can use, and they can use scythes, so much like Sveta in Dark Dawn a Proxian would bring a lot of unique abilities to it's character if one was playable.

Also I'm a huge fan of the Proxians, I liked all four Proxian antagonists from the first two games and guess what, it was because of the influence Saturos left behind, Saturos in his own right was iconic setting the bar as the most iconic Mars Adept, but the problem was back then we were against Prox, however now Felix has saved Prox and is possibly their hero and is probably residing there as their most powerfull Adept, I was thinking maybe there's a Proxian who was being trained by Felix that might join Matthew's crew to help Matthew save Weyard.

Either way the point is Prox isn't full of bad guys anymore unless one of them decides to betray Prox and becomes bad, but I don't see that happening, unless one is driven to become evil by Alex, if Alex really is the bad guy.

Also a playable Proxian to me that's like Magus being playable in Crono Trigger, I still love playing as Magus in that game, so I'd like to see Golden Sun pull a Magus and give us a playable Proxian.

So what do you guys think, do you want to see a Proxian replace Eoleo and join Matthew's team?

Also if you want to see a Proxian playable do you want to see a boy Proxian or a a Proxian chick?

Me it doesn't matter the gender, I think either gender would be awesome.

Do you want Proxshipping or Dragonshipping to take effect?

Duskshipping anyone?

Maybe not Felix and Karst, but maybe Felix met some other Proxian chick within 30 years, I never though Alex would find a chick, but he did with Veriti and had Amiti, so maybe Duskshipping could go cannon where Felix hooks up with a Proxian chick and they have a Proxian child.

Or should the Proxian be a completely new Proxian character altogether, not related to anybody we already know of?

What Mars Psynergies would you like to see in the Proxian character?

What weapons would you like to see?

I know that a Scythe would make a good weapon, I know I'd like to see a Scythe user in this game.

Offline thefreakingflyingcat

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
It would be great if one of the characters was Proxian and as you say it could bring some new things to the game (maybe not turning into a dragon, that would be kind of OP but something like that)
Maybe it would be somehow related to Felix since Prox is in debt with him.
In my opinion Camelot will make a different team for GS4 that would, at some point in the story, meet with Matt's team in order to accomplish their goals. (Whatever they are)
The Proxian adept would probably be in the first team (it would be cool if he/she were the leader of the team but Camelot will probably put another venusian in that role)

Offline Lunor

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
I'd certainly like to see a Proxian be the Mars Adept. That'd put quite the twist on things. As for relation to the prior Golden Sun games, I personally don't care.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 06:21:23 PM »
Ok guys I was thinking not only would Golden Sun 4 have a good Proxian that joins Matthew's group and is playable, but how about they also include a evil one?

On one hand yes it would be awesome to play as a Proxian and seeing that Proxians are no longer enemies and Matthew is related to Prox's hero, Felix, a Proxian for the new Mars Adept would be a perfect idea, plus we need a new second Mars Adept and Proxians are kind of a iconic Golden Sun element.

Now there could also be a evil Proxian, maybe one who still hates Isaac for what he did to Saturos and Menardi and he also believes he did the same to Agatio and Karst then lied about them being killed by a dragon.

Then the Evil Proxian would join up with Alex's team, he'd be Alex's right hand servant, also he'd play the role Saturos played in the first game.

I believe this was one reason why Dark Dawl was lacking, it's characters were rather stale, Agatio and Karst even though they weren't as great and iconic as Saturos and Menardi, they still did a great job of filling in the Proxian role.

Blados and Chalis were terrible villians, I rather see a Proxian turn evil and join up with Alex then kind of turn into the new Saturos.

Now as for the playable Proxian, I think it might be a female, we usually only get 3 female characters the others would be Nowell and Karis, it depends on who the other new Adepts are, I don't think they'd have another female Jupiter Adept or female Mercury Adept since Karis and Nowell already are female characters of that element, I'm expecting a male wind adept possibly Karis's cousin being Hama's descendant and a male Lemurian.

Anyway she'd be a Scythe user like Menardi, she'd have Mars based healing spells which is what @Rolina was trying to say one time, and Mars Psynergy Attacks like the Nova series, Volcano series, I still think Rising Dragon should be added as one of her psynergies just to be unique.

I just have to point out in Kid Icarus Uprising, they included Medusa in whom was always the main antagonist of the series, of course they revealed Hades as the true antagonist, much like how in Lost Age, Alex revealed himself as the true antagonist.

My point is following the Golden Sun Event, rather than just making a new Saturos, they made Blados and Chalis in whom were such boring villians, I'd rather have Dullahan be part of the main story, my point is they need to keep the original formula going like in Lost Age where Karst and Agatio replaced Saturos and Menardi, they should of kept the Proxian tradition going.

What do you guys think, should there be two new Proxian characters, one good, one evil?

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 07:42:42 AM »
I like the idea of one character being forced to fight one of his own because that could be a good plot device, but you know, it doesn't have to be a Proxian... could be anyone. Maybe even an ex-Tuaparang fighting alongside Matthew & co.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 01:51:02 AM »
I like the idea of one character being forced to fight one of his own because that could be a good plot device, but you know, it doesn't have to be a Proxian... could be anyone. Maybe even an ex-Tuaparang fighting alongside Matthew & co.

No Star you are missing the point, no Tuaparangs being good guys, let me ask you, do you want to play as something like Blados or Chalis or something like Saturos or Menardi?

What I'm getting at is I feel that the Tuarparang angle is failing, I would be surprised if Camelot just buried it in GS4, maybe the High Emperor is the only Tuaparang that appears as a boss and he's not even the final boss, it's just a plot to bury the Tuaparang idea.

Then following that we pursue the true antagonist like we were supposed to do in Dark Dawn, Alex and his crew.

Oh and don't forget Alex doesn't care if the Tuaparang falls, he already accomplished what he set out to do with the Apollo Lens and the Grave Ecipse.

Golden Sun needs Proxians because they have iconic value, like I said would you rather see Blados and Chalis or Saturos and Menardi appear in a Golden Sun game?

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 07:54:54 AM »

No Star you are missing the point, no Tuaparangs being good guys, let me ask you, do you want to play as something like Blados or Chalis or something like Saturos or Menardi?

It's not the specific species that matters, it's the inner conflict that one would have from being forced to fight against their own kind. It could be a story of a person who disagrees with what their country's fighting for, and decides to leave for a better place, and forced to fight. Or, a story of someone who hates the world, and just wants to get rid of the worst first. If I make sense. The point is inner conflict, not outward appearances.

The rest of what you said is kinda really stupid sounding, so I'm not gonna bother with going through it.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 11:57:03 PM »

It's not the specific species that matters, it's the inner conflict that one would have from being forced to fight against their own kind. It could be a story of a person who disagrees with what their country's fighting for, and decides to leave for a better place, and forced to fight. Or, a story of someone who hates the world, and just wants to get rid of the worst first. If I make sense. The point is inner conflict, not outward appearances.

The rest of what you said is kinda really stupid sounding, so I'm not gonna bother with going through it.

So you're saying you like to see Blados and Chalis more than you'd like to see Saturos and Menardi?

You know that's the same as saying you want to see Tatanga instead of Bowser.

My point is Golden Sun needs a Saturos like character, or else the villians look really stupid, like Blados and Chalis, since Alex is designed as more of a manipulative type bad guy, in the original Golden Sun, Saturos took the lead role of playing the antagonist, Alex is the main bad guy, but Saturos was his right hand man.

Saturos left a legacy in Golden Sun, which is why according to fans, he's the best antagonist ever, so if he achieved this, why not make a new Saturos, a new Proxian villain to fill in the shoes of Saturos?

As for the good Proxian it would basically be similar to Mia's story with Alex, I'd like to see a new Menardi used here, I loved Menardi, and I think the good Proxian would be better off as a female character.

Also pull a Matthew, make these two characters resemble Saturos and Menardi, sure they'd have some differences like clothing and such, but still they need the iconic look.

The new Saturos needs to look the part.

The playable Proxian needs to look just as beautiful as Menardi looked, I mean look at this, this is our new Mars Adept that we'll be playing as.

:menardi: I'm not Menardi, I just look like her, my name is currently unreleased because I'm not designed yet, but I am currently training how to use a Death Scythe and some cool Mars Psynergy only Proxians can use, plus face it, I'd be be ten times better than that stupid Tyrell, or that nobody Eoleo.

Same goes with the bad guy.

:saturos: I'm not Saturos, my name is currently unreleased, but I am totally better than Saturos in every way, Felix is a piece of garbage compared to me, my desire is to rule the world and this Alex seems to know just how to do that, hahaha, bow before me, the new Evil King of Weyard, hahaha!

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:55 AM »
So you're saying you like to see Blados and Chalis more than you'd like to see Saturos and Menardi?
Stop misquoting people. Nobody is saying that. We're saying that when they make new villains, we want them to be better. We don't care what they look like or what race they are- that means nothing. They don't need to look or be like any of the previous villains to be any good. Blados and Chalis could have been good, but their personalities were completely flat, so they were lame. It has NOTHING to do with what they look like or what race they are. What, are you racist against the Tuaparang or something?

And for the record, I don't care about Prox, or whether or not they decide to use a Proxian in the next game. Only you do, and it's such a trivial matter that I don't understand why you make such a huge fuss over it. I just want the game to be good, and I want them to improve the story after DD. That's FAR more important right now.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:16 AM »
Stop misquoting people. Nobody is saying that. We're saying that when they make new villains, we want them to be better. We don't care what they look like or what race they are- that means nothing. They don't need to look or be like any of the previous villains to be any good. Blados and Chalis could have been good, but their personalities were completely flat, so they were lame. It has NOTHING to do with what they look like or what race they are. What, are you racist against the Tuaparang or something?

And for the record, I don't care about Prox, or whether or not they decide to use a Proxian in the next game. Only you do, and it's such a trivial matter that I don't understand why you make such a huge fuss over it. I just want the game to be good, and I want them to improve the story after DD. That's FAR more important right now.

What if Saturos and Menardi returned as Call Dullahan like characters?

Think about it, if there isn't any Proxians brought back to the main storyline, then at least bring back the Tomegathericon, then include like a Call Saturos, and Call Menardi Psynergies, if they at least did that, I'd be satisfied.

:saturos: Call Saturos summons Saturos as he unleashes Heat Flash

:menardi: Call Menardi summons Menardi as she unleashes Death Scythe

I'm not even sure about including Call Karst or Call Agatio, I mean as epic as Call Agatio for the Rising Dragon would be, Karst would just be another Call Menardi Psynery, kind of a waste of space, I'm thinking they could include Call Flame Dragon instead and it does Rising Dragon.

I also miss Call Dullahan, the Dullahan that appeared in Dark Dawn would of been epic as Psynergy.

With that said would including Call Saturos and Call Menardi as Tomegathericon Psynergies be a good idea?

I really want to see the Tomegathericon brought back, maybe Felix gave it back to Akufubu and we have to beat Akufubu, then it can be obtained?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:59:54 AM by Agatio »

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
That would break my suspension of disbelief too much. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If you think Saturos being resurrected or coming back into the game at all is a good idea, make it after the main story, as some sort of crazy sub-plot dungeon thing. An example of this is in Valkyrie Profile 2 (and the first one I think) where you can unlock a non-canon dungeon full of goofy stuff, hidden main-plot-defying characters and insanely hard bosses. If they did something like that, Saturos, Menardi and many other bosses could return just for the sake of being a challenge at least.

Otherwise, forget it. They're dead. And think about it: in the end, Saturos was still just a tool in Alex's eyes, so there's no reason for him to resurrect Saturos.

Offline Lunor

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
Call Saturos, Call Menardi, Call Agatio, and Call Karst would probably never even happen. Perhaps their attacks could become unleashes, but that is the extent Camelot would do, and no offense Agatio, but I don't blame them.

If they had to do anything with Saturos, Menardi, Agatio, and Karst, it would be their spirits within a cave or something minor like that. Like a superboss chamber. That's the most I'd see with that.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »
So you guys think there is no way we'd ever see Saturos, Menardi, Karst or Agatio again?

I think I can agree that we wouldn't see Saturos and Menardi again, but what about Karst and Agatio?

Walking Dead logic, we didn't actually see them die, we saw them disappear due to a glitch that occurs when you leave the room, but we didn't see them die, the last we seen them was that they were laying there, Agatio stated he refused to die until that beacon was lit, therefore Agatio had a really strong will to survive, I would think Agatio is more likely of the two to survive because of this, and remembering Venus Lighthouse, and Saturos and Menardi using it to gain power, when Mars Lighthouse was lit, not only was it light, but the it caused the Golden Sun event, Mars is Agatio's element, therefore if he was alive during the lighting of the lighthouse, it could of revived him.

Of course who knows maybe both survived, but of the two I'd rather have Agatio playable, he had a very unique move set of Psynergy that made him different from ALL characters in the game, he has the best move set of Psynergy in the entire series, this is a Mars Adept I'd like to recruit in Golden Sun 4, but he'll never join with Matthew's team, bring back Isaac's team.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 06:46:42 AM »
It's possible that Karst and Agatio are still alive, I'll give you that much.

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 08:28:05 PM »
If a Proxian is made playable, I'd rather it be someone new. Agatio is old and underdeveloped news.
Wouldn't mind a prequel game starring Saturos though.

I agree they could still walk Weyard, mostly because it was Mars Lighthouse and The Wise One was handing out all kinds of Resurrections left and right anyway. I always got the impression that Felix got along well with the Proxians, so if Wise One let him live with the guilt of offing ol' bros it'd be a bit messed up.
Then again, maybe that's why no one has seen or heard from Felix.
How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers