Poll

Do you want to see Part 2?

Yes!
No!
"Only if I get to be the best!" Said Allysson.
"No way! My story is just getting started! I slew an evil minister who was poisoning an innocent girl!" Said Oron.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DRAGON KNIGHT?!

Topic: Chaos Rising Part 1: A Battle For Who's Sake?  (Read 10346 times)

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 05:01:05 AM »
(Goodness, that was quite some reading)

"You all look a little beat up. Come with me to our keep and have some dinner. I'll warn you, it's not in good condition. I will try to find you a room with a roof if you want to spend the night." Allyssa said.

Philos shook his head. "No thanks, I would merely be using up your supplies and I'm sure you won't have much after that fight. I'm going to be leaving this place anyway, I was merely crossing this town until I saw the citizens needing help." The gem faded to it's sea blue color and he walked back to his bag in which he kept his belongings, lying near the inn.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »
Allyssa grabbed Philos. "It won't be any trouble! I want to thank you for helping them!" The young maid said as she smiled at him. She then turned to Ranis. "Oh, you wouldn't know my friend if you saw her..."

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »
Philos put his hand to his head, thinking it over. He sighed and said, "Sure, I'll accept. Don't have any plans as to what to do at the moment, so I got some time in my hands."

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
Ranis shrugged. "I know nobody here. You see, I come from very far away," he said. "I come from a place known as the Solar Kingdom, where I am the king's personal blade master."

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »
"The Solar Kingdom, huh? Isn't that one of the ancient kingdoms?" Asked Oron. At the mention of ancient kingdoms, Allyssa's nose started to bleed and she got a headache. "I'm sorry," said the young but strong maiden, "I don't know what happened..."

Eclipse, the capital of Nox.

Tahliya sat in her cell in a ragged, burlap dress that barely covered what she needed it to and nothing more. She had been a high ranking military officer this morning and now she was just a prisoner. "I cannot believe this... I failed... Father, mother... Forgive me." She said as she pulled the burlap lower in a futile attempt at modesty. She saw the guard posted outside her cell was drinking, and just waited for her chance. It took thre hours, but she waited  til he passed out and stole his keys and armor. She walked out of her cell and her burlap and out of Eclipse' Grand Fortress. She took her personal horse from the stables and rode. She was riding to find the only person she thought could help her, and that was Ranis.

Corona, the capital of Lumina.

"I see you've been talking to my sister again, Captain Van Valeus." Ulric Luminus, High King of Lumina. "Is it a crime to speak with one's fiance, my lord?" Replied the swordsman. "It is when you are talking treason." Said the High King. "If I've spoken treason, I'll drop dead on the floor. I've not said anything besides what I've already given to you as council, my king." "So you have... Now onto the matter at hand. You say one man defeated your entire platoon last night and then had a hand in defeating your army again earlier today? Why did you come back without his head?" Asked the monarch. "Because I refused to fight a battle where the only victory would have been at the cost of my entire force." "Very well... You are dismissed. Ut be warned, nobody fails me twice. The only reason you are alive is because my sister's wedding is politically important." "As you wish, my lord, said Vosch Van Valeus as he left th- room!

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 12:00:50 AM »
Ranis looked grave. "Yes, the Solar Kingdom is indeed an...you get the idea," he said, skirting around the words that triggered Allyssa's nosebleed. "It seems our friend here has some connection to the Solar Kingdom or perhaps the Lunar Empire. Mayhaps both." He took her hand comfortingly, as any friend would do...at least in the Solar Kingdom. "We'll figure out what caused it," he said kindly.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 12:22:10 AM »
"I will tell you that people saw me fall from the sky... I... I don't know who I am or where I come from. I'm afraid that I'll never know, and I had something important to do..." Allyssa said with a frustrated look on her soft face. "So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!" She said, her gentle face now smiling.

"So... For all I know, you could really be a Lumina or Nox soldier?" Oron slid his blade out of his belt and pointed it to her chest. "Tell me the truth! Who are you?!" He yelled at her. "I-I told you! I don't know! Why are you doing this?!" The young woman asked fearfully. "Because," Oron said, "I thought if I put a sword to your heart, your memories would come back as your life flashed before your eyes." Oron sheathed his blade. "That was mean! I thought you were gonna impale me!" Gentle Allyssa said as she punched Oron in the arm. The two of them broke out in laughter after that.

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 02:01:23 AM »
When Oron unsheathed his blade, Ranis' hand jumped to his. When Oron returned his blade, Ranis took his hand off his.

"Worry not," he said. "We will find your purpose."

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 04:44:44 AM »
At talk of the empires, Philos tried to remember what he read in his hometown's library. However, he could not remember anything.

Philos poked at Alyssa, trying to get her attention. "Excuse me lady, but will you show us where we'll be staying?"

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 05:30:20 AM »
Allyssa smiled and grabbed Ranis' an Philos' hands and pulled them into Oron's Keep. The actual keep was just an old, burnt ruin of a once strong fortress that Oron had been living in. People said it was haunted, but Oron was the "Swordsman's Ghost" that was said to lurk there.

Allyssa showed the two to the lower levels of the keep because the roof had collapsed years ago. That was where the found a nice, long table, a working kitchen, and seven old beds. "Make yourselves comfortable, there's going to be one **** of a storm tonight." Oron told them as they sat down for a dinner of dark stew.

The night was dark and cold for Tahliya as she rode. Her inner-thigh area was rubbed raw from wearing the guards rough pants with the armor that didn't fit her legs over them. She was tired, she was cold, and now the storm was starting.

She thought back to her father, and how kind he had been to her. She was illegitimate by birth, but her father had undone that by wedding her mother. But her mother was deadl and now, so was her father. Her brother, Archamenel had seen to that personally, and now she had nothing but one, faint sliver of hope that a hero would help her. But the night was dark, and the darkness consumes hope.

Her horse collapsed out from under her, so she had to leave that and most of her armor so she could run on foot. She was left wearing boots that were too large, gloves that did not fit, and over-sized mail with an equally large shirt over it as a dress that she belted to her hips. On her back, she carried her spear "Darkheart" that she had taken from the prison.

She could see smoke, so she ran to the building only to find it in ruins. She walked the floor until she came to the stairs. She walked down the stairs, saw Oron, Allyssa, Ranis, and Philos, and then collapsed like her horse, hoping she was safe here.

Oron pulled out his blade and walked toward her. "So, Nox has sent you to deal with me and take the girl, huh? Well... What are your last words?" Oron said, pointing his sword at Tahliya. "S-sanctuary..." She replied weakly.

At that, Oron picked her up, had Allyssa take off all but her shirt, and then tucked her into bed by the fire, hoping the chills would not take her in the night.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 07:28:04 AM »
Philos looked at the unknown woman who entered. "You say she is from Nox? What do you think she's doing here?" he said to no one in particular. He has no knowledge of government affairs and only knows as much as there are two sides fighting each other. As such, he does not have any prejudice or affection for either side. "She seems important, but she was wearing ragged clothes when she came in. Man, I'm confused."

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
Ranis' jaw dropped. "Is that who I think it is?!" he exclaimed. He recognized her as the woman who tried recruiting him but failed.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 07:48:26 PM »
Tahliya saw Ranis and weakly sat up. "My father, The Black Emperor Alvast, was been killed by my brother, Archamenel. I was imprisoned by him, but I escaped due to my guard's drunken state. I apoligise for my appearance, sirs and madam, I seem to only be wearing a man's shirt..."

The raven-haired girls pale white face had turned red as the flames beside her bed. "Which one of you undressed me?" She asked. "I did," said Allyssa. "But," whispered the young maiden, I gave you some underwear." Allyssa gave a small giggle. "You forgot it, it seems." At that, Tahliya fell back down and pulled the covers to her chin, blushing the entire time.

"My brother is not the man my father was." The princess explained. "He is cruel, merciless, very cunning, but most of all, he is cold. He will kill a man without reason just because he has the power to do so. Ulric Luminus has always hated my brother, so once the news reaches him, the battles will get bloodier and longer. I-" Oron but a hand on her shoulder. "Sleep. We will talk on the morrow." He said to her as she drifted out of consciousness.

Corona, the capital of Lumina.

"I'm going to ride out tomorrow, beloved." Captain Van Valeus told his bride-to-be. "Once this war is over, we will be wed. Promise me, Vosch!" The young princess said to her shining knight. "I promise we will get wed as soon as you're well, beloved." He replied tenderly. "I trust you. I must be the luckiest girl on the continent." She said as she rested her head on her ice-white feather pillow. "Come back safe, my beloved..." She added as he left the room.

Van Valeus left for the stables that night, his force of 30,000 infantry and 20,000 cavalry behind him. "We ride in the night, we sleep hidden during the day. We will take the enemy by surprise and slay all those who we do not need for ransom! Understood men?!" The captain said as he mounted his horse. 50,000 men cheered. "Then we ride!" He said as his steed dashed through the gate of Corona.

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 03:03:27 AM »
Ranis looked at Oron. "If it is alright with you, I volunteer to keep an eye on Tahliya," he said. He shrugged. "I know not what, but something is telling me it is my duty to do so. Odd, I know, but what can one do?"

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 04:45:57 AM »
Oron smirked. He only smirked like this when he had an idea, and his idea was bold this time. "Tahliya, Allyssa, Kneel. I'm going to make you my first recruits in my mercenary company. We will be known as "The Shadow of Justice!" Y'know, after one of my titles. You both owe me your lives now, so, until this war is over, we are together!" He then turned to Philos and Ranis. "You two in or what?"

The Heartroad, the path from Lumina to Nox.

"I've found her... Or at least her trail." A tall, thin man stood over a pile of discarded armor and clothing. The remains of a horse were there as well, but the wolves had gotten here before this man.

He was thin, but strong. He wore a  bright red cloak with gold flame trim, a red tunic with gold flame trim, grey pants, black boots and gloves with gold flame trim and metal work. A gold belt clasped around his hips held a red and gold sheath which held red and gold blade with red steel it the shape of a flame. This was one of the ancient swords. He had spiky, red hair, tan skin, and red eyes.

"No... That's not who I'm looking for after all... Oh well, back to square one, I guess..." The man said as he walked down the road.