Topic: Yggdrasil: Online Epoch: Sign up!  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:47:17 PM »
In the world of Zephyus, the ballance of power is shifting. A war is theatening to engulf the continent and plunge the world into darkness. But which is worse? The Dark or the Light?

The known world is only the continent of Zephyus because sailors do not travel away from it. If they do, they can never find their way back.

The elements you can choose from are Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Dark, and Light, but only if you're a mage. Most characters are not magical.

The classes are:
 Swordsman -> Duelist: Skilled sword fighters that value speed over strength.
 Mage -> Magister: Users of elemental magic who seek ancient knowledge.
 Cavalier -> Paladin: Horse mounted lance users with a sense of justice.
 Corsair -> Captain: Sea-fairing, axe weilding warriors.
 Archer -> Marksman: Bow-using, hawk-eyed hunters.
 Guard -> Knight: Heavy-armored lance users.
 Healer -> Justice: Staff using healers who gain a blade when the advance.
 Sorcerer -> Necromancer: Users of the Void magic. Dark and deadly. (NPC)
 Mercenary -> Brigadier: Lightly-armored swordsman. Fast and strong.
 King: Users of all weapons. (NPC)
 Chancellor: Users of all magic. (NPC)
 Mage Fighter -> Magister Knight: Magic-using, sword-slashing warriors. (Nyran.)
 Chaotic: Master and creator of the Void magic. Uses a cused blade. (NPC)
 Blade Fighter -> Blade Master: User of unkown magic and a powerful sword. (My character, Zeth.)

The countries you can choose to be part of are:
 Helios: Kingdom of the Sun. They are valiant warriors and the sister-nation and ally of the Kingdom of the Moon. They believe in warriors and stories of heroes. They always fight with honor and serve their King, King Solomon, with pride.
 Diana: Kingdom of the Moon. A proud nation of mages and ally to their sister-nation, Helios. They prize magic over might and Queen Stephanja is beloved by her people.
 Velge: The nation hidden in the mountains. It needs no walls, the mountains are all they need. They do not interact with other countries often, they prefer to be left alone to do what's best for only their country. Their King, Syrus, is cautious to a fault.
 Lyris: A nation that prizes knowledge above all. Great Magisters call this place home. The High Magister Serena is spearheading a cultural revolution to try to bring their knowledge to the outside world.
 Aether: Noble nation of fighters and the only country that has not seen war for 1000 years. The Emperor Sevros is known as the "Iron Emperor" because he doesn't change his views easily. People try to advance their culture before they die out.
 Sicilia: The Country that loves the sea. The finest of Zephyrus' captains have come from Sicilia. The people are know for their ships, their food, their winw, and their unique swordsmanship. They have no king, but are ruled by the Grand Admiral of Sicilia, Roran Marelli.
 Takayama: An island nation off of Zephyrus' coast. Known for their blades. They are ruled by their emperor, Kisuke Narukami. He is young, but wise beyond his years. He tries to listen to hi; people more than lords.
 Erebus: A once-great utopia of a nation now lost beneath the sands. Some ruins still stand. (N/A)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:12:43 AM by Scorpio »

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »
Available Races: Human. That is all.

Rules:

1. Be polite.
2. Be patient, I cannot reply to every post, but I will try.
3. Early fantasy tech.
4. Ask before trying to add to the story so that I can try to fit it in.
5. Characters must be original.
6.Asking a Question never hurt anyone.
7. My RP's move very fast. Please read thoroughly before posting or ask me if you think we've moved on.
8. Class changes will be STORY based, so I will say when it is happening, but I'd think everyone would already know.
9. If need be, I can write you out of the story. Please PM me if you're going to be leaving for longer than a week.
10. Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:01:16 PM by Scorpio »

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:20:05 PM »
The sign up sheet should look something like this.

Name: Zeth.
Class: Blade Fighter.
Weapon: Steel Sword.
Appearance: Zeth is a pale, young man with white hair, blue eyes, and a happ personality. He looks slight of build, but he actually is well muscled. He wears a dark blue tunic, grey pants, black boots, a black belt, black finger gloves, a black cloak with blue insides, and a steel chestplate beneath it.
Bio: Zeth never really knew his parents, so he grew up alone since age 4. He was taken in by a mercenary company and trained with them since he was 5. He left on his 19th birthday to journey across the continent looking for any leads to who he really is. He is very happy-go-lucky, and always tries to think his way out of situations before using force.

Weapons must be basic at this point in time. You will get good ones later.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »
It's good. I'll go edit the Mage Fighter and countries.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 05:00:35 AM »
Well at least I can add the bio here. Nyran took the mage fighter sooooehehehehehe

Name: Fairy Veene
Appearance: Fairy has light green short brown hair, parted on both sides. She seems to always have a worried look on her face, happy or sad. She usually wears a dark blue buttoned shirt and a black skirt, black socks and white shoes.
Background/Personality: Fairy's a pretty shy girl, but that just brought more people to like her. Throughout her whole life, people she never even talked to tried to ask her out. She ends up getting accepted in any environment, and everyone is cool with the activities she likes to do, which range from trying out cooking to playing rpgs. Fairy tries to help people out if they're in a bad situation; if she can't help she just motivates them one way or another. Despite her innate likeability she secretly envies the other people able to converse without any fear of making mistakes, "confident people" if you will. That with having a bunch of random admirers is the reason she escapes into the virtual world, where she can play well enough that nobody hates her (not that anyone ever did but you know, mind tricks).
Name: Leo Nomia
Appearance: Leon has slightly pale skin, and dark hair going down to his shoulders. He requires reading glasses. Leon usually wears a dark green coat (unzipped). Under it is a plain white T-shirt. Of course he wears jeans and sneakers too.
Background: Leon used to be an average middle school student, until his 8th grade. He built up courage for 5 months to ask out a girl he liked. However, she said she couldn't because she was moving to another state. That wouldn't have bothered him as much, if a group of kids saw him ask her out and laughed at his face when she walked away. This continued for a week, when he just got tired of their bullying. He refused to go to school, or even leave his room for that matter. He did find a joy in RPGs, where he could craft his own perfect people, and jump into a community that knows nothing about him. He's been doing this for a year now, mastering the art of being a shut-in.
Personality: Leo is self-reliant, preferring to play solo dungeons and stuff. Leo's developed a dislike of meeting other people in real life, referring to anyone who wants to know more about him "bullies". However he does like it when he's just acknowledged as a good guy or a good player. (Bit confusin aint it. Yep it is). He does feel softer against girls, so far they haven't done anything to him.

Name: Nayami
Class: Mage
Element: Fire
Weapon: Aside from the magics, Nayami owns an orb that can be sent out to damage or can bring a fiery aura to an ally
Appearance: Long braided brown hair slung over her left shoulder, blue eyes, wears a light blue off-the-shoulders dress and liy tiger armlets and boots.

Bio: Nayami once went to training for the sword, but she could never fully appreciate it. Why swing a metal stick at someone? What's so cool about that? However her grandfather saw potential in her so she kept at it. She was at the top of her class, in fact, but on the final examination day, something strange happened. Nayami hadn't known that the final part of the test was to duel with someone else, to the death. The boy was Alfre, a boy weak in body but strong in mind. There was no way she would fight this talented boy, she would kill him too easily. She threw down her sword, to the shock of everyone around her. But to her shock, Alfre did the same thing. The instructor was angrily about to expel them both, but the headmaster stroked his beard and nodded. He stood up, to get the attention of all in the room. "THESE STUDENTS HAVE DECIDED TO THROW THEIR WEAPONS AWAY," he shouted. "BUT WHAT YOU SEE AS STUPIDITY AND COWARDICE, I SEE AS HONOR AND BRAVERY." Nayami and Alfre looked at him with curiosity. What was he talking about? What's going to happen to them? He motioned for them to speak at his office.

The two children sat down. The headmaster spoke, "I think you two are far more than worthy for a different style of combat I have been testing out." He put down two orbs, one a ruby red and the other a sapphire blue. "These orbs can be manipulated through the willpower of it's wielder. Go on, put your hand on one." Nayami placed her hand on the ruby orb and Alfre the other. The orbs glowed for a few seconds and faded back. Nayami felt power surge through her. "You see, doing what you did has proven to me you two are destined to learn the ancient magics. Combined with this new technology, we feel you can be an unstoppable force to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Nayami, you have chosen the power of the sun. Alfre, you have chosen the moon. Together you are the celestial mages we shall in time learn to revere and respect."

Name: Alfre
Class: Mage Fighter
Element: Water
Weapon: Alfre wields an azure crystal ball to perform his magic with, and a rapier
Appearance: Alfre has dark brown hair that's sorta like Felix's, I guess. He wears leather pants, a cotton shirt, and boots. Over his clothes is a green and gold robe, passed down from his father.

Bio: Alfre, as the eldest boy in his family, had to practice swordscraft to protect the (king, leader, evil dictator kim jong, whatever). He fell in love with the grace and style put into his practices, and held his own weekly mini-lessons to help tutor others to his style. His teacher heard about this, and was jealous of the students learning from Alfre just as well as they learn from him. So he filed Alfre as the top student in his class, so Alfre was to be the fight the other top student in another class, where surely he will be killed.

Alfre heard he was the top student, and didn't feel worried. He must have been the best for a reason, and now he gets to show his style to all of his village! He walked up to the stadium, and to his surprise, he saw a girl there. For some reason she was equally surprised, and stood there. Why would I kill a girl to pass the class? I don't need this. I'm not killing her. He dropped his sword, but was once again surprised when he realized the girl dropped hers first. Alfre's instructor booed, starting everyone to be a hater on dese poor children (hue). Alfre's eyes widened as the headmaster silenced the crowd. "Can't they just get off the stadium and move on to the next round?" "Dat chick got a man?" "What is the old man doing?" "Is... is Alfre going to be executed?" Questions arose from the crowd, and Alfre was asking similar questions. Then, the man spoke. "THESE STUDENTS HAVE DECIDED TO THROW THEIR WEAPONS AWAY," he shouted. "BUT WHAT YOU SEE AS STUPIDITY AND COWARDICE, I SEE AS HONOR AND BRAVERY." He motioned for the two to come to his office.

The two children sat down. The headmaster spoke, "I think you two are far more than worthy for a different style of combat I have been testing out." He put down two orbs, one a ruby red and the other a sapphire blue. "These orbs can be manipulated through the willpower of it's wielder. Go on, put your hand on one." Nayami placed her hand on the ruby orb and Alfre the other. The orbs glowed for a few seconds and faded back. Alfre felt a rush of energy flow through him "You see, doing what you did has proven to me you two are destined to learn the ancient magics. Combined with this new technology, we feel you can be an unstoppable force to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Nayami, you have chosen the power of the sun. Alfre, you have chosen the moon. Together you are the celestial mages we shall in time learn to revere and respect."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:50:06 PM by Axolotl »

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 05:06:10 AM »
Why'd you slash out the orb?

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 05:14:17 AM »
It doesn't seem very basic

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 05:34:24 AM »
It can be a very basic version that doesn't do as much. That way, you can upgrade it later but still have it now.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 05:41:21 AM »
How would you upgrade a ball :/

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »
By getting a better one later, duh. Haven't you ever upgraded a ball before? (I love our community.)

Offline Lunor

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 04:46:47 PM »
Name: Kareth
Class: Swordsman
Element: N/A
Weapon: Kareth carries a short, throwing knife, a long dirk, a single-handed short sword, and a long sword. She is pretty much a walking weaponry for blades.
Appearance: She is of slim stature and low height, but with a major fire in her heart and she is unafraid to speak her mind. She wears a simple chestplate and leather pants. When not wearing the chestplate, she is dressed in a basic leather outfit. She has long blonde hair and sparkling, hazel eyes.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »
Nice, Soltur! Just waiting on bios.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 09:57:59 PM »
Check what I got so far, tell me if something's wrong with it

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »
I like it. You made it very not modern, which I enjoy because it works without me trying to fit it in. It's really good. I like it a lot.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 10:16:39 PM »
Do you think I should add Alfre as another character, or have him go his seperate way?