Topic: The Last Message about Golden Sun from Takahashi, what does it mean?  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »
Ok guys, this is the last thing we heard from Takahashi about Golden Sun.

Posted by Mark on June 11, 2012, 10:41:31 am

In an interview with Nintendo Gamer, Hiroyuki Takahashi said that if enough users ask for a new Golden Sun, it might just happen:

A big reason for us making RPGs comes from the requests from all the people who have enjoyed our RPGs in the past. Perhaps if there are enough Nintendo users asking for another game in the Golden Sun series, then this will naturally lead to the development of such a game.

Don't expect a rush job, though: Takahashi has asked for "a bit of time":

Speaking personally from the perspective of the story, I think that honestly it may not be so likely because Golden Sun really requires a full effort to be put in. But of course, if there are enough people saying that we really must create another game, then we may just have to listen to them. Still, you would need to give me a bit of time to work on ideas for the story before we could release a fourth game in the series.

Golden Sun fans, this is your chance.

So what do you think, this was said in a interview 2012, it's 2014, two years later, how much more time will we have to wait for Golden Sun 4?

What does this message mean?

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 03:59:50 AM »
It means that they don't want to make GS4 but want to keep people on edge so they continue to pay attention to Camelot. #conspiracytheories

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 04:01:49 AM »
It means Nintendo is waiting to see if Smash Bros can drum up interest in the series again before making another.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »
TBS will be released on Japanese WiiU virtual consoles soon. Smash bros is coming soon. I sense a connection.

Offline Sagie

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »
It means they want more sales and attention, not that they'll do anything about it. DD was a disaster for all the "time" that went into it, I expected way better.

I want a new game. A new game is possible. But it will take them wanting to make it, not us asking for us. They know they have a strong fanbase.

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
  • No matter how old we get, we are still children.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
TBS will be released on Japanese WiiU virtual consoles soon. Smash bros is coming soon. I sense a connection.

It's just a release, I seriously doubt there would be such a connection.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 04:16:25 AM »

I do too, I think this might be the big break we were awaiting, Golden Sun being represented in Super Smash Bros with Isaac as a playable character, Felix a Assist Trophy, and Venus Lighthouse as a stage with Saturos and Menardi as a stage hazard.

Btw, it has been further announced that it's not only released in Japan.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »
Cool. Good reporting, Agatio.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:28:05 AM »
Takahashi really needs to look at the Smash Ballot results.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure Camelot has stated they're no longer interested in making RPGs.  A pro-Isaac smash ballot will simply tell nintendo to give it to someone else - someone who will show the series the respect it properly deserves.