Topic: I made up a game while I was asleep.  (Read 273 times)

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: March 17, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »
So I randomly dreamt up an interesting multiplayer game last night that I probably would never play because I'd be terrible at it.
Imagine a 5-team MOBA combined with Age of Empires II kinda sorta maybe-ish.

Each player joins one of five teams. Whichever team has the most players starts in the middle of the map as the blue team, and the other four teams start in each corner. The teams in the corners have a stronghold to defend, but the blue team does not. The blue team's units are stronger than the other teams', but if one of them die, they are out for the rest of the game. This mode I dreamt up is technically a free-for-all, so if the blue team gets wiped out, the other four teams continue to battle each other. The other teams' players can respawn at their stronghold after a certain amount of time, unless their stronghold gets destroyed.

When you start, you choose between an infantry warrior, a cavalry knight or a support archer. They each have their own strengths, weaknesses and abilities, for example, a warrior is good at fighting cavalry and other warriors, but are slow, so archers can get a lot more hits on them. Cavalry are good all-around fighters, but cannot attack strongholds effectively.

The graphics looked similar to Age of Empires II, and the combat flowed very similarly, making each round very fast-paced and chaotic when there are a lot of players (I remember seeing 50+ in one game). That's about all the details I can remember.

What do you think of this idea? I know it sounds like it would have some balance issues, but hey, it's hard to be a QA tester while you're asleep. Just sayin'