Topic: Dark Dawn  (Read 106 times)

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
  • No matter how old we get, we are still children.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« on: April 12, 2017, 04:17:02 AM »
Sorry for some lack of posts, some stuff came up in life forcing me to abandon this project for quite a bit.

I'll just lay out my plans here as a short summary.

Story: Some elements (non pun-intended) of Golden Sun will be used, sort of spiritual remake, with 5 elements (Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Lightning), the theory of Alchemy, and the relevance of the Sun as a symbol, in addition, the word Psychic-Energy is used to describe ones strength to use said elements. The world itself is based around the 1930's, mostly for style and imagery, Tanks, Artillery, and such a starting to take hold, although weapons like Swords and Axes are still commonly used due to economical issues, the human civilization present is currently under siege by a plague that is designed to attack the nervous system, this has caused populations to be centralised from one another, although countries do exist, and to maintain, transportation was developed to compensate (This is how you can fast travel the world). The people capable of using the elements and the elements themselves are actually quite known throughout the world, unlike many RPGs were it is sort of an unknown (this is done for common sense, you have to be a very stupid society to not know), as a result, these people who can use the powers are quite desirable in military ranks or simply as mercenaries to either maintain order or to acquire something, in addition, artificial crystals of the elements were created for those who lack the capability, to fill voids, although said crystals are now used primarily as a power source to run their cities, kinda how we use nuclear power, although the knowledge to create these has been lost for time, a plot point exists where groups scramble to find a solution. Creatures and such, like spirits and of course monsters exist, spirits are simply lost souls attached to the world too much, monsters are just common animals in the world, they range in many sizes and designs. I won't spoil the story here beyond the basics, I don't think I'm that great of a writer, but I'll do my best, I'll release chapters from this point on. Oh, I intend to make the story dark, but I want to include some humour in here too.

Gameplay: Right now, I only know that I intend to have an elemental system, kinda like a pentagram, but I want to expand it, and have the ability, like in Chrono Trigger, to combine attacks and abilities. The game will be an over-the-shoulder third-person game, with of course a variety of weapon types and spells. Also, RPG stats, although I want to make it more around skill than just having better stats. There will be a weight system in play.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
Good luck m8