Poll

Difficulty of Dullahan. (In your opinion, of course.)

I've seen tougher bunnies!! >:3
Some of the random battles are harder....
About as strong as the toughest optional boss should be. :)
Rather difficult. I'm amazed I won, actually.
Makes the final boss look like a puppy in comparison!! D:

Topic: How difficult was Dullahan for you? **Post-game SPOILERS**  (Read 6330 times)

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • The Bane of every RPG's Villain!
    • View Profile
« on: January 08, 2011, 02:57:46 AM »
I've just recently challenged Dullahan from Dark Dawn, and he utterly DESTROYED ME!!!!! :O All of my characters were in the high sixties, and had amazing gear set onto them.... How hard did you find the B*st*rd to be?
I'm back in the saddle, so the forum better be scared, 'cause ANOTHER poster's here!!

Also, check out my YouTube channel: MrMcMageMuffin :D

Offline orlando1210

• Mercury Clan
  • Adept Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 08:18:51 AM »
The spoiler tag didn't really work, if you already mentioned Dullahan in it XD

Anyway, he was quite a challenge to me, I beat him in high sixties, the traditional way. It was on my Japanese playthrough, so I had no idea what was the best gear etc. I never used Djinn much as well xD The only times I used Djinn were when I KNEW I was gonna get blasted by Djinn Storm.
Hoping for a new GS game :D

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 12:23:47 AM »
Well, he does follow a pattern, but we all knew that he was gonna come back. He and Star Magician just won't (Bleep)ing die!!
I'm back in the saddle, so the forum better be scared, 'cause ANOTHER poster's here!!

Offline orlando1210

• Mercury Clan
  • Adept Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:05:34 AM »
I like S.Magician though D:

Gives tonnes of juicy exp.
Hoping for a new GS game :D

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 05:25:21 AM »
Star Magician is awesome, but I hate the balls that he brings into battle. D: Especially the Ghoul ones......

He probably does, Considering he makes the Chaos Chimera look like a puppy...... Or whatever Tyrell said....... Kitty-doggy. (****ing moron.)

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:28:37 PM »
Dullahan wasn't easy. I got really lucky. My best 4 died, but the second round that I had made specifically for a back up worked like a charm. Thnakfully I put all the djinni in standby. lol.

Offline Milly_of_Lemuria

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
I haven't tried yet.  The moment I saw in my strategy guide that he was back, I panicked and decided that I wasn't going to try because I'm still terrified after the last time I tried to battle him in TLA... that didn't end too well.

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:21:47 AM »
You should be terrified. Far easier in TLA for me. I had a level 60+ Party, and I tried four or so times to beat him, until I summon-rushed him.  :gshappy: Still, a nice extra battle. Oh~. And Star Magician's back. XD With two new ball types. One of which 'eats' or puts one of your Djinni in recovery mode per turn and doesn't stop until you kill it. Make sure to kill it as soon as possible. XD

Offline Milly_of_Lemuria

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »
Star Magician wasn't an issue for me, for some reason.  But Dullahan's just a beast >.>

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 02:36:25 AM »
Yeah. Ol' Headless can be quite the pain in the neck, no~? Especially with Djinn Storm and Crucible..... D: And Fulminious Edge didn't make things any easier. Nor did the Charon summon sequence..... He used it twice on me once. Destroyed both my parties on the first turn, because I tried summon rushing him. Double Charons. XD

Offline Milly_of_Lemuria

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 04:38:23 AM »
You know who was annoying?  The Ancient Devil.  It took me 40 minutes to beat him.  The darn thing took Karis first, then when I killed her, it took Amiti.  My two main healers.  I had to *gasp* use Rief for half the fight to heal, and the class he's in only goes up to Wish Well, not Pure Wish.  Darn you, Rief...

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
Yeah. That think took Sveta from me first, (And I rather dislike killing her.....) Then Amiti, Then Karis before I finally killed the thing. Having it posses characters was just wrong. Oh, He also got Himi at one point or another..... Every character that can heal...... The Ogre family wasn't taking very kindly to me either...... D:

Offline Karst

• Adept Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 01:55:50 AM »
Star magician was a peice of cake in my opinion, but Dullahan was a serious pain in the rear
I am Karst of the Mars Clan!

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 02:49:20 AM »
By the way, is Dullahan stronger in Dark Dawn or in Lost Age?

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 04:42:30 AM »
Dark Dawn. Hands down. With no password enhancements, and lack of a good amount of stat-boosting items found so far, he becomes far more painful to deal with. And He now gets *Bleep*ing Crucible. He can use our Djinn to summon on us. That's almost as mean as The Ancient Demon's Demon Sign. I still hate that thing....