Topic: LEAST Favorite Song?  (Read 2894 times)

Offline SuperTeeter64

• Adept
  • Nintendo Nerd
    • MSN Messenger - SuperTeeter64@Hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SuperTeeter64
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »
Sure, we can name one or many favorite songs. But, I'm now curious what song people didn't like. I know I almost speak the impossible.  :ohmy: Why would it be your least favorite? This can be ANY song in the game. Battle, Town, anything.

My least favorite song would be "Desert Heat" -
I've always had a strong dislike for desert levels in video games, and Golden Sun & The Lost Age's desert levels were quite a bother sometimes... Maybe it's cause I hate being overly hot...

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:57:14 AM »
I actually really like that desert theme, but I hated the level as well.

Personally, I really didn't like the .

Offline SuperTeeter64

• Adept
  • Nintendo Nerd
    • MSN Messenger - SuperTeeter64@Hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SuperTeeter64
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »
Ooh! I have a hilarious story based off that song!! :61:
So my friend and I were listening to the music in the Linked Area right? By pressing L & R? One of us, I think I was, was all "DOOM DRAGON appears!" and I accidentally played this song. So it's an inside joke between us that this is the final battle theme of Doom Dragon. While Doom Dragon's song is a tropical resort island song. Kind of ruins the mood of the final battle, doesn't it?  :gssweatdrop:

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 12:56:26 AM »
I don't really like the song that plays in the desert either, but my least favorite song is the boat theme, that song is so annoying, I turn my system on mute when I'm on the boat.

Offline The Rising Legend

• Apprentice Adept
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cjkasimatis
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »
My least favorite song would be the theme that plays in Izumo before you beat the serpent. It's just really depressing.
I'm not good at making signatures so here's a sentence telling you that I'm not good at making signatures

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:44:42 PM »
Probably the Kibombo theme. Even then, I don't exactly dislike it. Second would be the mini-game theme (tolbi springs, etc.) lol

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 11:50:03 PM »
TBS:  - Unlike every other lighthouse, the Mercury Lighthouse is the only one without its own unique theme, sharing themes with not only Babi Lighthouse, but the Venus Lighthouse's false entrance as well.  In an otherwise amazing dungeon, with both an amazing payoff and boss battle, the song's nature of being the only non-unique lighthouse theme really kinda sucked.

TLA:  - No offense to the song itself - it's fairly decent.  But it also has no place being in Golden Sun.  Compare it to all the other battle themes in the game, and it sticks out like a sore thumb.  It's hollow and empty compared to the others, and just doesn't really mesh right in comparison to them.

DD:  - I found this song rather boring, too ominous and not hectic enough to really merit a battle theme place, let alone a final battle theme.  This might have worked as a tense event theme, but as a battle theme it was very lacking, and just didn't mesh well at all IMO.  This was also quite hard to pick for me - unlike the other games, this game had quite a few songs that I disliked - but this one I think embodied my dislike for dark dawn itself in that it's just one hell of a letdown for me - which is the only thing causing it to barely edge out

Honorable mention: - this little piece of shit right here!  I hate this song so much - it always managed to get on my nerves, even when I was still giving DD the benefit of the doubt.  The first thing I did every time I entered Belinsk, the first thing I always did, plot and sidequests be damned, was change the music away from this horrible mess of a song.  Annoying as hell, it is.  Still, it's more annoying than disappointing, and you at least get the option to give it the finger and listen to much better songs instead, which is why Chaotic Climax ranked as my least favorite instead of this.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 12:38:11 AM »
Jenna's theme fit. It fit HER and the GAME perfectly. The game never shows a peppy song and that was the one that actually completed it. I find it sad that you can't have either Felix or Isaac on the front team in order to listen to it. The Game really needed that peppy stretch.

In TLA the worst for me would probably be the Sea battle. They tried to make it sound peppy, but it didn't really sound peppy at all. And you can't listen to again it when Isaac joins your party. Really a let down. It was a good theme, but it didn't fit what it seemed it was trying to fit.

I agree with Mercury Lighthouse completely. It did not sound like a water based theme like Jupiter did with it's windy style theme. A big disappointment.

DD: No doubt Chaotic Climax did NOT fit at all with the game or position of boss at all.

Also The world map theme got really annoying.

Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 02:28:49 PM »
We'll just have to agree to disagree on Jenna's theme then.  What'd you think about Mountain Roc Rising?

Offline TW

• Adept
    • View Profile
    • God
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 02:31:10 PM »
We'll just have to agree to disagree on Jenna's theme then.  What'd you think about Mountain Roc Rising?
It sucks Monkey F***, it a pile of vomited S***!

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 05:57:39 AM »
It sucks Monkey F***, it a pile of vomited S***!
Eloquently stated.  :89:

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 06:03:22 AM »
I usually change it to Rainbow over Koba desert.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 06:26:16 AM »
To be honest, I can't really remember a Dark Dawn song that stuck out as being annoying or just plain bad. Probably because the game was so forgettable in general <_<

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 11:23:18 PM »
They should have just kept it a quest for the roc's feather and have them go to Sol Sanctum at the end and have the final boss battle there. Just random thing that has infested Sol Sanctum that endangers Weyard.

@Rolina: Mountain Roc rising? What song was that again? I disliked it so much that I forgot what it sounded like.
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
Scroll up, click link.