Topic: Yggdrasil: Online Epoch  (Read 15255 times)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:22:20 AM »
A package was shipped out. It held inside it the beta version of the Yggdrasil: Online headset and the game itself, Yggdrasil: Online Epoch. The Beta testers activated their games and created their characters, each sticking to a class and country.

"Hello." A smiling young man said. "My name is Zeth, and you are?" He said, waiting for the Beta testers to introduce themselves.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:06:23 AM »
Leo found the package lying by the side of his door. His parents must've put it there for him. He grabbed the box and tore it open for the precious insides. He put on the headset and inserted the game into his computer and made his character. As the screen turned on he saw a guy looking at him.

"I am Alfre," Leo/Alfre said. "Is there something you need from me?"

Fairy called her friends and told them she was going to be busy, and apologized. She turned on her computer and started the game.

"Hey, Zeth, I'm Nayami! Pleasure to meet ya."

(Btw, is there a chat function, or do characters speak through the headset, or both)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »
(They speak through the mic on the headphones, but Private Messaging is available on their in-game menues.)

"Hello, Alfre, Nayami. My name is Zeth, and I have personally made you two Beta testers. There is one more we are waiting for, then our adventure on the continent of Yggdrasil can begin. Do you have any questions?" Zeth said, smiling.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:42:11 AM »
(You don't have to read this chunk of stuff. The next paragraph begins the real stuff.)
Scarlette was lying on her bed, her head buried in a book.
Her dad knocked lightly on the door, although it was open.
"Honey? You have a package." He said as he walked in.
Scarlette looked up, her brows furrowed. "From who?" She inquired.
The dad squinted at the package. "Something called 'Yag-drag-ceiling?'" He tried.
Scarlette's eyes lit up as she realized when he had tried to say, and let out a chuckle. "It's Yggdrasil, dad. But thanks." She smiled. "Can you put it by my PC?"
Her dad then walked over to her custom built gaming PC, and set it on the desk, next to a picture of him and her mother. He paused for a second to look at it.
He turned around. "There ya go, sweets." He smiled at her. "I'll be working downstairs. I'll, holler when dinner is ready, okay?." And left the room, leaving the door open behind him.
"Thanks daddy." She but her book down on her bed, and walked over to her desk.
Opening the box, she set up the game and adjusted the headset.
"Hmm..." I wonder how this will compare to PSU...
She sat down at her desk, and began the game. With her character she already prepared, she immediately created the character and dove into the game.
Her character materialized, and she now controlled Skydbladnir Xytamnis.

(It starts here)
Looking up, he looked around the world, noting the life-like graphics around him.
"Interesting," he exhaled. "Definitely better than PSU..."
He then became aware of the other 3 players around him.
"Ahh, hello my friends!" He said as he walked over. "So this is the beta?"

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 04:11:51 AM »
"Yes," Zeth said. "Now, everyone, follow me to the village of Lightfall. It's a village of new beginnings."

They walked over to a road that led to a village. "This is where players will begin their quest in Yggdrasil." He waved his hand.

"You will note the giant spire in the center of the village. It will note those who have completed the game. Your names will not count during Beta, however. Sorry." He said smiling.

"I do warn you. If you die in the game, your character dies forever. It's a feature that makes Yggdrasil: Online Epoch unique.

"You will be able to add friends to your 'Ally List,' along with joining or starting a guild. I warn you, though, you can only belong to one guild at a time." He said.

"Any questions?"

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:20 AM »
(what are our surroundings like? and how distant does Lightfall seem?)

Skyd looked in the distance. "Should we be aware of any monsters along the way? Are monsters common in this game? Are we the first players in the beta or are there others out there already?"

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:23:18 PM »
(It's very close, as they're walking through the gates now. It has a large, circular wall surrounding it, and you can only see that and the spire from outside.)

"You are the third and fourth Beta testers, but I hope to get some more. The others are myself and a good friend who want to remain unknown from the rest." Zeth said.

"As far as monsters, we won't see any until we leave Lightfall. It's made to introduce new players to the game and help them grow, so only weak monsters will appear for a while."

They walked through the gates and they saw NPCs living their lives, but they looked just like real people. One stopped and smiled at them.

"Hello, travelers! Welcome to Lightfall Village. My name is Aleah, and I'm the mayor here." The beautiful brunette said with a smile. "You look new," Aleah said looking at Alfre, Nayami, and Sky'd. "And cute too." She said, looking at just Sky'd this time.

"I'm sorry about that, each NPC is a person with their own personality, life, dreams, fears, and, wants, as you just saw." Zeth said.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Zeth Auric, not my character, but my real self. I'm in charge of Claymore, the company who made Y:OE, as well as its head designer and the father of Y:OE. My avatar looks just like I do in real life, because I used a special bit of tech that isn't on the market yet." He said.

"As far as the other Beta Tester, she should be here any minute."

"I'm here right now," a female in a cloak said. She took off her cloak to reveal a slightly endowed but very beautiful girl with deep,  raven hair and yellow eyes. She was wearing a yellow tunic with red trim as a dress, a red belt with yellow trim, a red breastplate, black gloves, and black long boots.

"My name is Shanna," the woman said. "I'm Beta Tester number one, meaning I was picked first, get it? Good. Now remember it." She said, brushing her hair back behind her shoulder with her gloved hand.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »
(Lol time to start my harem)
Leo ignored the people and looked around. He was fascinated by how realistic everything looks, as if Claymore literally made a brand new planet. To be able to be a pioneer was a refreshing experience. Alfre whistled a tune. "What's our objective in the game? Kill things, save the planet, catch em all..."

"And cute too." She said, looking at just Sky'd this time.
Fairy pouted a bit, but Nayami remained silent. She felt intimidated by Shanna's cold greeting. "H-Hey..."

However after Alfre asked his question, Fairy thought of another one. "Why are we all gathered here anyway?"

(I guess there won't be any development for Alfre and Nayami, more for just Leo and Fairy so I gotta change things up)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 08:34:07 PM »
"The objective is to fight until you reach level 100. There are portals in each boss chamber, but the bosses will respawn at random, but never the same day as you killed them or over a week since then. Bosses will respawn if it is someone's first time in the boss chamber, though." Zeth said.

"What? Did you say something? I was distracted by my sword being a reliable, practical weapon. You know... Unlike your little crystal ball." Shanna said with disgust.

"Let me set this straight. I'm not here to make friends. You three got to be Beta Testers by random chance, I won a tourney to EARN the right to be here. You are charity cases. But I'll help you if you need it, but not for free." She added.

"Ahem!" Zeth said. "We are all gathered here to join up to make it through the first ten floors together. After that, Y:OE will be proven abd shipped to all who preordered it... Save for you four. This copy will activate as a real copy once we finish. Enjoy." Zeth said, proud of the world he built.

"Hey, Zeth..." Shanna asked. "Are our models. Y'know... Correct... Anatomically..?"

"Umm... No, because that would be a bad idea... It's the reason my iMageSoft tech isn't shipped. It scans your whole body." He answered.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 05:36:58 AM »
Scarlette blushed uncomfortably when the AI had flirted with her.
Sky'd shook Zeth's hand. "It's nice to meet you, sir! The game looks very impressive so far. And giving each AI their own characteristics is quite something."

Sky'd put his hand on his weapon and approached Shanna after hearing her little spiel with a steel look on his face.
"Listen nerd, I've played alot of MMOs and RPGs, and people who get big and bad in just a game usually can't back it up in real life. So I suggest you drop the b****y attitude and go enjoy playing the game by yourself, because you won't make any friends."

Sky'd walked away.

He turned back to Zeth and put a smile back on his face. "So Zeth, any other last minute advice? Secrets, bonuses, anything like that?" He winked jokingly at Zeth.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 03:52:15 PM »
"Yes, actually." He said. "Youe EXP will grow in different ways depending on how you play the game. If you play both with your guild and solo, you will be godly."

"Listen up, dumb ***. I've beaten the **** out of guys bigger than you in real life, so the only reason I'm not dueling you right now is your body. It's really good. So's the blue mage's though." Shanna said, smirking.

"All right, you two. Calm down. I do have the power to ban, and I'd hate to ban two of the first five players after ten minutes." Zeth said.

"Whatever. If I hadn't agreed to join your guild as part of the Beta Test Agreement, I'd be out on my own." Shanna said.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 07:37:14 PM »
Sky'd ignored her.

"Thanks Zeth. Should we look around the town first?"

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 10:07:41 PM »
"Do not! Ignore me!" Shanna said, about to slap Sky'd. "Calm down, Shanna." Zeth said. Shanna turned away, praying nobody saw her as she was about to cry.

"Someone else looking down on me. Why is everyone like that? Why do they either pity me or look down on me?" Shanna muttered as Zeth smiled at her. "Hey, We're friends, if that counts for something." He said.

"Yeah, but everyone said my tourney win is only because we're friends. Something else people try to take from me." She whispered to him. "Who cares? You know you earned it, I know you earned it, so who cares what the others think?" He said to her.

"Now, everyone! Let's set out for the first dungeon! It lies behind the Springwood Forest!" He said, loudly.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 07:14:35 PM »
"What? Did you say something? I was distracted by my sword being a reliable, practical weapon. You know... Unlike your little crystal ball." Shanna said with disgust.
Leo, unbeknown to the rest of the group, silently groaned. "More bullies..." he muttered.
Alfre unsheathed his sword. "I guess having both tops you then," he smirked.

A while after Zeth announced their next step he sheathed his sword. "I'll go on ahead, if you guys plan on talking some more," he said as he walked in the direction Zeth gave

"Umm... No, because that would be a bad idea... It's the reason my iMageSoft tech isn't shipped. It scans your whole body." He answered.
Fairy blushed. UUAAAA! WHAT?! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN I FEEL SO EXPOSED AAAAAAAAGH
Nayami smiled, however. "Springwood? Sounds like an easy first step. I'll wait for you guys to go on first though..."

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »
"Now that's odd..." Zeth said. "It appears that there is a sixth player... I only sent out four Beta copies..." He said.