Topic: It's Time For A Fire Emblem Thread!!!  (Read 3380 times)

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« on: June 17, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
Okey doke.  I LOVE FE.   But I've only ever played three FE games: FE7, FE8, and FE: Awakening. Have you played FE?  Yes? Which was your favorite? Who's your favorite character, or what was your favorite FE moment?         No?  Why not?  Are you interested in giving it a shot?    This thread is for you guys to discuss FE to your heart's content.   

But first I need to know if any of you can tell me if the DS game, FE: Shadow Dragon, is worth buying or if it's just bleh.
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:57:10 PM »
It's worth the buy.

This is the second FE thread, but it's more recent, so whatever.

I've played FE 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, and watched all of FE 6 on Youtube. Roy is my favorite lord, but there are so many other great characters, like Tharja and Raven, that it's impossible to list them all.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 03:43:05 AM »
I KNEW you'd be the first to respond :))       Okey doke.  Can I get more feedback on the game?   I don't care about spoilers, I'll forget them pretty much instantly, and I know the basic plot.  So feel free to say whatever. 

Barnacles! There is?!    I even looked first before making this thread    :mad: I always look over things.

Anywho,  why Raven? 

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 05:30:45 AM »
I have Shadow Dragon. It didn't interest me though. I'm still on Chapter 1 lol

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 05:35:28 AM »
His supports bring out a tragic character that can either move past his hatred or never let go, but not act. Plus, Raven x Rebecca is awesome.

Shadow Dragon is decent, but basic. It's a fun game if you've played the GBA games, but it has save points for the maps. It's worth it.

The old, now dead thread was called "Together We Ride."

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »
Shadow Dragon is pretty intensely meh. It was my first FE game, but it's also definitely my least favorite. The gameplay is good, though seize missions every time can get super boring. very few characters get more than one sentence of development, so it's really difficult to actually care about them. Which is good, because the game forces you to kill off a bunch of characters if you want to go to all of the chapters, which are all good and give you good characters for doing them.

It's essentially the original NES game with nothing more than graphical improvements. Honestly, I wouldn't bother. However, I would recommend emulating the other DS game, Heroes of Light and Shadow. There's a translation patch out there, and it fixes most/all of Shadow Dragon's problems (I.e. It actually has support conversations and character development, and you go to Gaiden chapters are reached by fulfilling story conditions, not killing off your characters)

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »
Okey doke, I guess my favorite was that Radiant one with Ike in it and my favorite Fire Emblem character is Mia.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:02 AM »
@Merc:     you HAVE to let characters die? Or it's just über difficult to keep them all alive?  I never let any of my people die.  I'm not sure I could handle that.    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm definitely going to look into that. :smile:

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 12:40:07 AM »
I remember the game forcing me to sacrifice someone in the Prologue. It was knda irritating.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »
In addition to sacrificing a unit in the prologue (if you're playing on Normal, that is), you need to have a very small number of units alive for the Gaiden, which are fun and have good characters (Athena's dialogue is probably some of the best in the game >_>). Therefore, you need to sacrifice a bunch of the (very generic and generally bad) units the game throws at you. The only fire emblem where I not only don't care enough about the characters to keep everyone alive, but go out of my way to get them killed.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 03:01:19 AM »
 :scared:        Nope.   I can't do that.  Ever since the time, when I was six, when I ruined my brother's game by killing several of his characters and saving, I can't let them die.   Thanks guys.    I'll buy myself a couple CD's or something, instead.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 06:10:03 AM »
It's a fine game, and I've never done that, and enjoyed it. Albiet I played it once.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 11:45:16 PM »
Hey, is it just me or do the bosses in FE: Awakening kinda suck?     They seemed too easy, and don't seem to offer the same huge amount of experience that the other games would give you.

Offline FrozenWrath

• Apprentice Adept
  • Just my lucky day...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 02:39:22 AM »
Anybody here have played Fire Emblem 12? It's a really cool remake of Mystery of the Emblem, and provides familiarity and a challenge for those used to Fire Emblem Awakening.
"Don't worry, it was part of an adventure" -Baron Gnarly

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:43 AM »
After I played brawl I knew that fire emblem was a game. However I only found out what kind of game it was 3 years later. I emulated shadow dragon and the gba game but haven't really gotten far in either