Topic: Nintendo Switch (NX)  (Read 684 times)

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: October 20, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »

Thoughts? Are you getting it?

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 04:13:32 PM »
I saw that. It's a great concept, but I wonder what the specs will be like, seeing as to how it is portable. I feel like Nintendo is far behind in the graphics category, but Nintendo games are always fun to play.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 06:36:52 AM »
For me it really depends on what games come out on it. They claim to have partnered with several 3rd party devs/publishers, but remember last time they claimed to have 3rd party support? Yeah...

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 09:17:38 PM »
I really like it. I want it to succeed. However, the specs will most likely be behind the other home consoles. I hope that the game lineup and 3rd party games will be a lot better than the Wii U launch. That was the main reason that I did not buy a Wii U. I held buying it until there was a few games that I was interested in, but by then several companies announced dropped support for it. I decided then that the price tag for just a few games was too high.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:36:03 PM by The Sea King »

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 02:56:51 AM »
As of now, I have 14 games on the Wii U, plus 2 downloads. 3 of them are remasters, and 5 of them are available on other systems. I have 1 indie game. I might get Paper Mario Color Splash if the price drops significantly, but I'm not holding my breath. Speaking of breath, I'll probably get the Wii U version of Zelda BotW too.

That's going to be my entire library from here on out, which is pretty damn small because the system has nothing else I'm interested in.

I hope they do better with the Switch, but again, I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »
Well, looks like I'll be getting Breath of the Wild on the Switch instead. They announced a special edition, which I was able to snag before it sold out within minutes.

And OH MA GAWD XENOBLADE 2. I'll be getting a Switch for sure now. That's all Nintendo needed to announce for me to commit to buying one. When exactly I'll get it I still don't know yet.

That Mario game looked pretty sweet too. Skyrim on-the-go is a pretty cool thing to have, but I have it on PC now so I might not get it.

The other launch games look pretty weird.

Even though I hate Fire Emblem, I do like the series' artwork, so a Fire Emblem Heroes game might be worth getting if the price drops.

No Smash Bros announcements though. Pretty odd.

Offline Shadowfyst997

• Newbie Adept
  • The Earth King
    • View Profile
    • Golden Sunrise Forums
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 09:53:50 PM »
That presentation was really awesome ^.^ I'd love to get me a switch, but I don't really have the money for it atm heheheheh. Thankfully BotW will be for WiiU, so i'll probably play it for that. Also excited for Fire Emblem Heroes as Hyrule Warriors was extremely fun, so a fire emblem version would hit the spot just right XD Was really hoping for a Pikmin 4 announcement, but w/e