Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« on: January 30, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
Greetings, it's a pleasure to meet you all.  I am Rolina, a resident witch of several other GS sites, including the GSHC, GSAR, and GSU.  I was recently going through GSU's list of fansites and came across you guys, so I figured I'd at least stop by and say Hi if nothing else.  I hope to get along well with everyone here, and if things go well, to become a regular part of the community.

My particular strengths are in game mechanics and design, so if you're ever interested in hearing about some of that, I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you. ^-^

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
Welcome.   Yay another female :biggrin:

And I sincerely hope you're not a bot. 
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »
Hey. I'm Nyran.

Offline Lunor

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
Hello and welcome to TLW.

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
  • ~Clan Wars Judge~ Just Try and Mess with Me!
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »
Hello I'm Takoshi Wolfite, I'm actually kind of interested in hearing about your Game Mechanics and Designs

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 04:01:48 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.  And not to worry, Cheese.  I have far better grammar than pretty much every bot out there. ^-^

@Takoshi:  Cool.  I can bring over a lot of the work I've done over at the other sites for discussion, but I probably want to get familiarized with the layout of the site first - gotta know where to put it, after all.  Until then, you can satsify yourself by clicking on my website - it links to my tumblr, which I'm currently doing a statistical analysis on the GBA characters stats for this week.  I've got all five dynamic stats done, and will be doing the overview tomorrow.  Hope you enjoy the read.

I do have a question for y'all, though.  How does your clan system work here?  How do you define a clan, specifically, at least in the context of your world?  What are the clans, and what they are said to stand for?  The geographical locations of their territory within Weyard?  They appear to follow the mono-elemental formula... but then you also have Sol and Luna clans, which have no appropriate element or even psynergy...  I've tried looking up an in-depth guide, but alas, the wiki entries appear outdated, and I cannot find any relevant threads in the areas I'd expect...

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 05:07:22 PM »
Welcome Rolina!
 :gshappy:
 :mia:

I'd love to hear about your designs as well. My major is computer science, so I want to learn as much as I can.

As for clans, they are just for fun. They are in respect to their elements, and they are defined differently.

But this is the definition of clans in our community:

Clans within the forum are basically groups based on the elements of Golden Sun. The elements are Venus (Earth), Mars (Fire), Jupiter (Wind), and Mercury (Water), Luna (Darkness), and Sol (Light). Luna and Sol are fan made elements though. -_^ Every clan has it's own leader, which the Clanlings obey also. There are no special advantages by joining a clan currently. Though, within the previous forums, there have been. There was a Lighthouse, a place where only those of that clan could go, within every of the clan where you could have conspired about over throwing the other clans. That was removed within the next two moves. But it could return once there are a vast amount ofClanlings. Any Merperson can join clans, but you are only allowed to join one clan at a time. To join a clan, just send a request to the Sea King.

Each clan has their own description, and goes as follows:
Venus
"Within the mighty Venus Clan, earth psyenergies, stubborness, and courageous characterics denote a true Venus clan member."

Mars
"The Mars Clan is associated with fire, heat, magma, and to a far lesser extent, protection and healing. Other associations have been made, ranging from proponents of justice to being notably apathetic."

Jupiter
"Those of Jupiter Clan are sharp of mind and wit, predisposed to indirect combat, calm-tempered, careful, measured, and quiet."

Mercury
"A wild and free-roaming spirit, abundant in faith and will. As kind and soothing as a gentle stream on one hand, and as raging as the storm-tossed ocean on the other. This is the Mercury Clan, where those who control water in its many forms find their place."

If you have any more questions, I would be happy to assist you.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:29:41 PM by Legend »

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »
I see, so you follow a clan system similar to the Temple of Kraden then... in that case, I don't think I'll be joining a clan, despite my Jovian alignment.

I do have one request, though - where would we post an RP Character Bio?  I don't see any specific place for general Roleplaying or Bios and such.

As for my mechanical information, I'll probably bring it all over here bit by bit.  Just know that it directly contrasts against a six-element system, so if you're wanting to integrate it into forums for something like Clan Wars, it'll be incompatible.  If you wanna program a game, on the other hand...

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 05:55:14 PM »
Well for the Clan Wars we stick to the basic four elements *Jupiter>Mercury>Mars>Venus*(This is how i'm figuring the elemental weakness). Since Sol and Lune don't have any Psynergy spells yet in-game we haven't really bothered to use them in The Clan Wars.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
Well, the GSHC approached them as "Fundamental Clans".  You can be in one elemental and one fundamental clan each.  My system takes a similar approach - adepts have both an elemental and fundamental affinity, and that's what gives shape to their spells (notice the trends in my signature).  There are no Sol spells, there are no Luna spells - no light and dark.  Light and Dark cannot be used as elements, but instead are a major factor in giving shape them instead.  Which aspects of the elements you have at your disposal depends entirely on that fundamental affinity.  As such, being Strong Luna fundamental doesn't mean you can cast dark spells - but it does mean you use lightning for your Jupiter spells.

I suppose you'll get a better idea of what I mean as I port and localize my mechanics ideas (complete with visual aids!), but note that this will take a bit of time.  I'm working on a few things right now for both Tumblr and the GSAR, plus have real life to attend to.

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »
Hmm alright, In clan wars though We use sol and Lune as alliances, Sol: Mars and Jupiter, and Lune: Mercury and Venus. (I'm trying help but my inability to explain things clearly is troublesome)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »
Welcome, Rolina. It's always nice to have a new member, let alone someone as passionate as you. As for the clans, Jupiter has one active member, Venus and Mercury have a few, and I'm the only active Mars Clan member right now. I hope you enjoy it here!

Offline .

• Cavalier Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
Welcome to TLW! I'm TLW's Community Organizer Admin.

Technically, we're as old as your community.

The Clan Wars system and organization is runned mainly by me at the moment. But the clans were created by Sea himself.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 06:15:07 PM »
Hmm alright, In clan wars though We use sol and Lune as alliances, Sol: Mars and Jupiter, and Lune: Mercury and Venus. (I'm trying help but my inability to explain things clearly is troublesome)
Oh, that's actually pretty clever.  I actually like how it's not necessarily the symbiotes, either.

@Sparkx:  The GSAR has a wiki?

Offline .

• Cavalier Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 06:16:50 PM »
Oh, that's actually pretty clever.  I actually like how it's not necessarily the symbiotes, either.

@Sparkx:  The GSAR has a wiki?

Haha, whoops. Misread. Thought it was Temple of Kraden. xD