Topic: What is everyones favorite genre?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Riddge

• Apprentice Adept
    • View Profile
« on: May 21, 2011, 07:52:22 PM »
It may seem like a weird question, but it just popped into my head recently after a conversation with my friend. He recommended me a fantasy book which I was reluctant to read it at first since, well, it is a fantasy book...Generally i dont like fantasy stories, shows, movies or anything like that...I prefer guns when it comes to action, swords just feel so cheesy to me.

So, it had me thinking, the main genre I love is Sci-fi (was upset when SG:U got canceled), I'll generally watch anything sci-fi and enjoy it no matter how bad or cheesy it is...Which got me thinking, what is your main genre and do you ever deviate from it? The book my friend recommended to me is called Drylor The First Artifact and it is actually the first fantasy thing I actually enjoy, it just feels new to me not some wanna-be-Tolkein author.

So, yeah, I'm curious what genre everyone enjoys the most and have you ever had something like Drylor was for me that was a refreshing change in a genre you don't normally like?

Offline Will

• Mars Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
evil movies  :13:

will peace ever come?

Offline W0D

• Jupiter Clan
  • Royal Town Ruler
  • Something good can work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:35:33 PM »
Movies?
Comdey, action, horror, sc-fi, sometimes fantasy. ^^;

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
  • Yes that is a Venus Djinn tattoo. #yolo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
I like romantic comedies   :33:
and horror (even though they give me nightmares for days (seriously, and I'm almost 18).
But they give you a different perspective on things (for example, you think twice about opening closed doors, you never close the door while in a bathroom, NEVER go in an attic, always have at least one dog in the house, etc.

Creepy, but I like it.

:55:

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
Fantasy anything o_O

Why? Because reality bores me!

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
Sci-fi and fantasy. To me, it allows for more creativity.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »
Sci-fi and fantasy mixed together is always interesting. I do try to avoid anything with guns if I can though... Which is NOT easy these days -_-

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA