Topic: which console would you like to see GS4 on?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline bryanzorro

• Apprentice Adept
  • BAH!
    • View Profile
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:28:29 AM »
3DS being the obvious choice.  If the switch released it, I would absolutely buy a console for that sole game.  What are some of the functions and capabilities you'd like to see exploited on the switch?

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:16:59 AM »
I'd rather have it on the Switch at this point if they do make GS4, mostly because I don't really like the 3DS that much, and GS's universe would look great with better graphics.

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
3ds. Only because I don't own a Switch.

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:38:01 AM »
I agree with Scorpio. I'm a cheap dude, so I really don't want to fork out $300 or $400 to buy a console for a $30-$60 game.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »
I actually got a Switch new + Mario Odyssey for $180 at Gamestop. I just traded in a bunch of games I've not played in forever.

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »
I cannot do that as I have almost no games left.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 04:05:16 AM »
Switch would be the best choice at this point. It's a much better system than the 3DS.

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Charon

• Apprentice Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 11:50:06 PM »
3DS at this point would be a really bad idea.

It's at the end of its lifespan (USUM are confirmed to be the last Pokémon games on the 3DS for example) and being replaced by the Switch essentially due to no proper handheld-only-successor in plans.

Even if we were in 2015 or something, starting development of a new game would just be the same mistake as Dark Dawn all over again... a game that had to be reinvented to adapt to the new hardware, just as said hardware is dying out, preventing extremely convenient re-use of the resources for at least another sequel to complement it a few years later, leaving us with a single entry that clearly feels complete but is forced to stand on its own at the same time.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 12:26:54 AM »
We don't have a proper replacement for a handheld yet. I'm expecting something at E3.  The switch is too inconvenient to be the only handheld console.

Offline bryanzorro

• Apprentice Adept
  • BAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 08:24:57 AM »
Nintendo America President Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed that the company plans to support the 3DS beyond 2018.  with Pokemen and Metroid being pumped out late 2017, theres no reason why they would try and shove a possibly failing title into the dying niche of the 3ds.  the systems are portable so its be much easier to remake the 3ds onto the switch of the wii u  unlike the gba and the ds.  still hope i haz.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 08:35:51 AM »
I'm betting there is a new handheld console on the horizon.

Offline Charon

• Apprentice Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 10:17:31 AM »
I'm betting there is a new handheld console on the horizon.

I thought so for quite a while as well (and usually got overrun by some Switchfanboys and 3DS doomsayers).. but given my interest in PKMN, I know that throughout the years Gamefreak/TPCi said more than once that the core-series would never leave the handhelds for a move to consoles. But with the Switch situation we now know that the PKMN-devs have abandoned the 3DS and are currently completely focused on making the next PKMN title for the Switch, which made me realize that there is not a true 3DS-successor in plans in near future.

Otherwise Gamefreak specifically would be waiting it out rather than jumping ship like they have no other option.

Unless Nintendo was keeping a 3DS successor secret to developers of that caliber...which would be amazingly dumb. From recent interviews of Gamefreak you even get the feeling that they're fearing huge disappointment and risk for going to the Switch (as people are coming up with baseless ridiculous expectations), and that they just wanna make more PKMN games like they've always done.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
Pokémon Switch is big money. They said the next game would be on the Switch, yes, but I believe it will be one of three versions.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 01:51:32 AM »
There will probably be a Switch Mini in the $200-$250 range some time down the line.

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Lighthouse Guardian
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 10:11:22 PM »
It would be good to play GS4 on both the switch and 3ds. However, it would be most likely to be released on the 3ds or successor.