Topic: Recruiting for my RP: Odyssey of Light  (Read 8018 times)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »
Who's in?

The Backstory

In the ancient world, a great evil was taking over the world at an amazing pace. The gods called upon a group of heroes to fight the evil. The war lasted for 100 years, and was ended only when the heroes sacrificed themselves to end the evil reign. The world knew 1,000 years of peace. Now the evil has returned! The gods seem to have left this world, leaving simple mercenaries to save it.

Rules

Name:
Elememt:
Prime Weapon:
Secondary Weapons:
Bio:

The Elements

Fire: The element of spirited warriors. It can destroy or heal with the power of flame, magma, and smoke.

Earth: An element of great ballance. It has the power of steel, ground, and stone.

Water: The calming element. It can heal the greatest wounds and destroy the strongest mountains.

Wind: The fastest element. It can strike with all the power of the storm.

Dark: One of the oldest and hardest to master of the elements. It's power of the void is unmatched.

Light: One of the oldest and hardest to master of the elements. It's power of the heavens is unmatched.

Aether: The perfect ballance of Light and Dark. It has the powers of everything and nothing.

Well, here you guys go!

Heroes

Scorpio

Ash: A 19 year old girl. She is a skilled swordfighter, but she isn't great at using her Fire magic. She has taken up the role of a hero to fight the dark forces that are destroying the land.

Claire: Ash's adopted little sister of 18 years. She is a skilled archer and Wind mage. She is always at her sister's side,

Chris: A 19 year old dark mage. He spent 100 years in a place where time stood still, learning the secrets of Dark magic.

Marcus: The 22 year old last survivor of an old kingdom. He's a knight of high moral fiber. He has great skill with swords, axes, lances, and Aether magic.

Silas: http://goldensunforums.thelostwaters.com/index.php?topic=1613.msg40898#msg40898

Nyran

http://goldensunforums.thelostwaters.com/index.php?topic=1613.msg40484#msg40484

Soltur
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:48:38 AM by Scorpio »

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:41:55 PM »
Nyran's here to kick names and take some a-Wait, that's not right. Nevemind

Name: Nyran
Element: Earth...
Other Aiities: Mirror Hat, gives him a Earth based ability to create Mirrors of Sand.
Bio: Nyran was born to Marci and Richard, two ordinary people, living off the land, as was common. Nyran was victim of an attack on his home by bandits while still young. From age three, he has lived on his own. In order to survive, Nyran's subconcious mind developed alternate personalities. They embodied themselves through emotions. Nyran sees them as figures like parents, or mentors. He feels that he can trust them, and they have guided him through life. He has set up a shop within a Manor of a Lord, still independant from him, but selling goods, and repairing tools for the Serfs of the manor.

Nyran is rather guillible, but has his others to fall back on, as they know the best judgement that Nyran's brain can process. Both Nyran and his other personalities see them as separate beings, despite sharing a body. Nyran tries to be fair, and doesn't have that easy a time refusing people. As such, he suffers financially.

Nyran's magical ability over Earth allows his shop to flourish despite his weak will. The power he has also allows him to make his own weapons, all of which are made of metal he made himself.

Weaponry includes:

Medajalibur: His main weapon, a light Blade that he uses in most fights, unless he requires different coverage

Gatakiriba: Twin blades that are held upside down, and used like a Mantis' arms, to attack opponents

Ratoratah and Sagozou: Ratoratah is a claw-like weapon used for stabbing, used on his Right arm, and Sagozou is a Bashing Weapon for his Left arm. It's mainly used for Bashing

Shauta: A whip, his only nonmetal weapon. Nothing but a whip. It's mainly used for the field, such as to grab things.

Medagabryu: A Tomahawk. He uses this weapon the least, as it's the least powerful
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:37:41 AM by Nyran »

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 11:30:52 PM »
Nice, but it's not based on GS, so you can only have one element. It will have to be named Earth, if that's OK. Also, the goddess thing cannot happen, as it would mess with the story. Sorry.

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »
Venus is Earth.

I'm of the belief that the ancient Jenei and such had to worship a god of some kind, but I guess it's your story, so I'm okay with it.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:17:40 AM »
I can only tell you that gods/goddesses have something to do with the story.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 03:52:02 AM »
If it's not weird, I'm going to make a girl character. lol. If not, then I'll make Xytam. Up to you, Scorpio.

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 05:50:30 PM »
I'm in, but I'm not using Soltur.

Name: Arkhanul
Element: Water
Equipment: Dark Cloak (bestowes Cloak and Teleport Psynergies), a hand and a half sword called Zulrei (unleashes Eternal Torment), and a single handed broadsword called Zwemdaq (unleashes Freezing Shadow)
Bio: Arkhanul is a loner. An eternal loner. He lives outside of time as the leader of a group of eternal peacekeepers known as the Fylmiri. Records show him active over 10,000 years ago. He never smiles, laughs, jokes, or even smirks. He hasn't since his good friend died 5000 years ago, stabbed in the back by his treacherous brother. He seems wicked, but he has a kind heart underneath his gruff, grim exterior.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
Okay, I'll be the female then. lol.
Her name will either be Holly or Serena. I haven't made up my mind yet.
What's Aether?

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »
Alchemists believed in five elements, Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Aether. Aether is air and nothingness, like in space. Not to be confused with wind, which was a force apart from air.

I thought fighting with the power of nothingness would be cool.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »
Sounds interesting.
What kind of Psynergy does that entail?

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 04:01:58 AM »
What does that mean? lol

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
That there is no Psynergy equivalent to Aether. I will post more about the elements later.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 02:37:24 AM »
Sounds good. Do you have a preference that you want her to be? I think Holly will be Dark or Aether, and Serena will be Jupiter. Which fits best into the story?

Edit: I just looked into Aether, and that power is said to rival with powers of gods. I'm not sure what you are planning, because according to this, Aether is to control all the elements, including space and time. I look forward to your plans.
 :gshappy:
 :mia:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:17:34 AM by Legend »

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 03:57:31 AM »
I'm using it as the ballance between Light and Dark, only used by the most dedicated magic users. Make her whatever you want, I will need to know everyone's characters before I make the RP so I can fit them into the story.

Also, in this world, everyone can use magic if they try.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 04:02:30 AM »
That fits her back story perfectly. Awesome. I'll be posting it tonight I think.

Edit: Actually, can you tell me when this takes place? Does it take place in Weyard? If so, is it before or after the Grave Eclipse? If you want to message me to avoid spoilers, that would be fine.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:09:06 AM by Legend »