Topic: Extreme Nostalgia  (Read 10428 times)

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2013, 01:08:14 PM »

Back in the day at this point. Oh, the nostalgia... ^^

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »
My dad convinced me to watch "Waterworld."

I think he's alone in the belief that it's a good movie.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »
^That post made me lol because of how true it likely is.

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »
It seemed as though I was questioning everything, escecially the motives, and why, I guess it was cool back then to make your main hero the biggest douche in the film.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
Personally, I'm not a big fan of Nostalgia.  It's been the single greatest source of disappointments in my life.

Chrono Trigger?  I remember that game!  I played that game for days straight when I was little!  It's getting a DS port?!  Sweet! ...Huh.  This game is a lot less fun than I remember... I guess my standards have evolved?  Wow, this new content's kinda... crappy.

Dark Dawn?  Oh no you don't!  I'm on to you, you won't get me like Chrono Trigger did!  I'll play the first two games right before you come out so I have a direct comparison and it won't be ruined by nostalgia!  ...Except had I not done that, I probably would have enjoyed the game a LOT more because I'd be playing it through nostalgia goggles, rather than having a direct comparison...

I just can't win.  If you embrace it, you're disappointed.  If you reject it, you're disappointed.  You're screwed either way. T_T

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
Welcome to life, Rolina.

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2013, 07:50:02 PM »
I love remembrance. Nostalgia is my very being.

My childhood is the basis for who I am, like most, but mine also impacts heavily on what I do. Most kids, who get toys, and play games, "outgrow" them. I never did. Even today, I love nostalgia on a different level. Now, most people here just remember the games they played, and that's it.

Me? Well, three main things made up my ample free time as a child. I feel I should mention that I thought allthe kids at my age (5, at the time of discovery of interest.) were stupid, and wanted to all grow up. I was content being alone, but friends who are mature enough are nice.(Lepricorn was as close as I ever got). Th three things were Toys, Games, and TV.

Now, those last two are pretty common around this place, as well as my hometown, but it was that first one that made my an oddball. Toys were seen as childish, and thus, no one had them after age 7, wanting to grow up. I was different, and still am. My shelves are littered with Transformers, Sentai Mecha, Gundam, Kamen Rider Belts, and Trading Cards.

My childhood still interests me, and it's the only thing I can say I'm proud of as a child. I hated telling people that I did sports because I hated them, I hated the people playing them with me, and the interacton I needed to make witht them all. Dad felt sports were pretty much nessicary to be "normal." I didn't want to be the same as the other kids, so I said, at age 9: "No, I'm not doing sports anymore. I hate all their aspects, so I refuse."

Surprisingly, he said okay, and I was done, and I was content with my hobbies, and still am. Sorry for the life story, but I felt like sharing. No doubt in two hours I'll come to regret saying anything, but alas.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2013, 08:11:29 PM »
Once I got out of high school, I was so full of regret, that I could no longer look back upon my childhood with any positivity. Partially because of my parents but mostly the ways of our society, I was being changed into someone that I wasn't. Thankfully, I wisened up.
It's weird saying that, and being the starter of this thread, but most of the things I've talked about here are things that I'd probably still enjoy today.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2013, 04:33:14 AM »
I was watching a friend play Sonic Generations today. When my friend was fighting Perfect Chaos, I got choked up seeing him how he was meant to be.

They couldn't make him what they wanted in Sonic Adventure or SA:DX because of graphic limitations.

That's my fave Sonic game (played SA:DX when it first came out), so it kinda was touching to see him in all his glory.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2013, 07:59:37 AM »
I need to play Sonic Generations. I hear it's one of the best Sonic games so far.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »