Topic: are we overdoing it? (Case Closed)  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Will

• Mars Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
    • View Profile
« on: November 15, 2012, 07:24:18 PM »
yes people i will not say people are doing bad stuf but the last time their way to much topics at a moment even i starts to ingore them and not want read them all. and really not posting any more on all those topics because the overload on spam on the moment.

dont get me wrong plz im celebrating the active members and their posts but sometimes i read to much random cr*p wich id ofcourse fun but still overdoing is far to easy...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:23:19 AM by Sparkx »

will peace ever come?

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
Understandable, and I agree. I actually got a messege from a certain clan leader to stop the spam. We should, but it's very hard to stop as long as more than one person is online at the same time. If it's in colloso or Aquarius, I think a lot of posting is O.K. But otherwise, yes, we do tend to lose control.

Offline n3ptun_123

• Administrator
  • Paladin Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
yes people i will not say people are doing bad stuf but the last time their way to much topics at a moment even i starts to ingore them and not want read them all. and really not posting any more on all those topics because the overload on spam on the moment.

dont get me wrong plz im celebrating the active members and their posts but sometimes i read to much random cr*p wich id ofcourse fun but still overdoing is far to easy...

first learnz speek enrish, then try to pretend being me.
(INSERT LANGUAGE OTHER THEN ENGLUSH)

BUY NEW CARS AND GET EM for only $141491!!!!!! LINK COULD BE FOUND HERE: http://thelostwaters.com/wiki/index.php?title=Neptune WIN EVERYTHING INCLUDING COOKIE FOR ONLY $124!!!! (INSERT LANGUAGE OTHER THEN ENGLUSH) SPAROX IS HAXOR HHEHEHE $$6226!# AND DON't FORGET the LOST BALOON only $1515!!!!

http://thelostwaters.com/wiki/index.php?title=Neptun

Offline n3ptun_123

• Administrator
  • Paladin Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »
jk i luv you my thingaret wub wub.
(INSERT LANGUAGE OTHER THEN ENGLUSH)

BUY NEW CARS AND GET EM for only $141491!!!!!! LINK COULD BE FOUND HERE: http://thelostwaters.com/wiki/index.php?title=Neptune WIN EVERYTHING INCLUDING COOKIE FOR ONLY $124!!!! (INSERT LANGUAGE OTHER THEN ENGLUSH) SPAROX IS HAXOR HHEHEHE $$6226!# AND DON't FORGET the LOST BALOON only $1515!!!!

Offline .

• Cavalier Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
I apologize that Neptune over there is goofing off and not answering.

Anyway, we're not strict or care much about constant posting since the founding. You may post at your heart's content but that's a good point to be courteous on others.

Note that it may be added to our terms and rules in the future.

@ Nyran: Please PM me the Clan Leader name that PMed about "stop your constant posting". I'll handle him from there because he wasn't suppose to warn you unless you're literally spamming junk in the forums.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 01:08:26 AM »
Maybe we are going a little overboard, but at the same time, a conversation is not a formulaic thing. Things go off-topic, people try to make fun, and what we end up with are conversations that seem messy, but are real. Plus, if you've noticed, we do try to make an effort to steer it back on-topic once it goes off.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline .

• Cavalier Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 06:26:31 AM »
@ Legend: I am an Admin and I'll ban you for posting on the forums for a day because you're telling me know my place. I was going to ask you kindly not to warn a member for that reason of yours.

Also, Neptune can do what he pleases. That's why I'm apologizing.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:41:38 AM by Sparkx »

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 01:48:24 AM »
I think I'm overdoing it again.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 01:56:52 AM »
@ Sparkx. You say your an admin, and yet your name is not among those in the forum administrators that is clearly stated in the administration center.
Forum Administrators: The Sea King, n3ptun_123
And I can tell you to know your place and not get banned, because that is abusing your rights as a moderator. I can ban you for a day for saying you will ban me for such reasons.
And as that may be your opinion that it doesn't matter if people over post to the point where it gets off topic, perhaps Sea would agree differently, since he is in charge.

And it is not your place to apologize for Neptunes' actions. He needs does not need you to apologize for him, nor does he need your approvals.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »
Now we're overdoing it a bit... I hope I speak for the rest of us when I say the last thing we need is a conflict between moderators...

Abusing moderator powers as well as over moderation are the two best ways to kill a forum, and I don't want it to come to that.

I really like the way Neptune and Sea don't take these things uber seriously. That's why I like this forum so much. I don't really post anywhere else but here.

So I really would like it if you guys would move on, and I think the rest of us would like the same thing. That's all I'm asking. Lock this thread if you have to. Its question has already been answered anyway.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 10:29:08 AM »
I agree. I would hope to avoid any animosity between people here. Not only is this the internet, bit was this site not created based on a video game? I don't think this should be taken seriously, and that overreaction has most definitely occurred.

Offline Will

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »
everybody calm down.

i dont want this forum getting destroyed by a argue between the mod admins and the lost water people.
like star said close this topic down
the forum is now under another treat called the spam bots

will peace ever come?

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 06:05:52 PM »
If I seen this sooner, this would have been quickly dealt with.  :32:
Spark, don't ban members, especially moderators, for these sort of thing. I'm removing the ban on Legend.

Legend, Spark is an admin. Though, he does not full control of the admin controls. Thus, he does not appear in the forum administrators due to forum configurations. I made Spark an admin when I was away and couldn't manage the forum.

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 06:16:53 PM »
Moderators and admins have to have respect for each other. Anyway, bans are meant as a resort.
Time to end this argument. Topic locked.