Topic: Constructive Criticism  (Read 5148 times)

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »
(You might have just killed my [bad] joke lol)

I got a few ideas for you Cheese. Maybe add a bit of reflected light to the lips too if possible. The inside area of the hair could also be a bit darker.

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 05:58:30 PM »
It's my camera  :biggrin:      I've dropped my phone some many times that the speaker doesn't work, and it never knows when it's right side up.    So if the phone ends up thinking it's on it's side (which it always seems to think it is)  then the picture is on it's side when I download it, even if I turn it back on my phone.  Yay confusion  :rolleyes:
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
It is really well done. Just don't put holes in the eyes, that would be creepy. Other than that you are better than me, so I cannot say anything.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »
I meant to post this here instead of the "Rate my art" thread -.- So here it is again.

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »
Question! Are the eyes supposed to look like they're staring into your soul creepily?

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
Now that you mention it. yes :3

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »
Revival because I gots a new one. :3

It's a concept design for another character in my story. He's supposed to be a magic-using pirate captain, but once I finished, I started thinking he looks more like a random highwayman from the world of Fable 2. >_>
Oh well, I'm still mostly pleased with how it turned out. But I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to make male characters look older? He's supposed to be in his 40's, but to me, he looks about 25 for some reason.

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
I want his coat and hat.

That is sufficient enough input.

Nah, but really, being artistically untalented, I have no advice as to how to make him older, but I do like how he looks, but the side of his head looks kinda strange

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
Lol c:

Thanks for pointing out the head thing. A 5-second fix that made his face look drastically better.

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 02:39:19 PM »
Glad to help.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 06:22:53 AM »
I like it. The best way to make men look older is to give them less of a rounded face. Facial hair works too.  Stubble makes sense if you don't want him to have a beard (please no moustache,  that can go wrong very quickly when drawing a person)

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »
Okay, my friend is absolutely, one hundred percent, obsessed with the TV show Supernatural.  After weeks of her begging me to draw a picture of one of the guys I finally gave in, and she picked one of the many, many, many images of them she had on her phone.   At least this one had clothes on.  It's Sam (though I call him Dean because that was the name of the characterhe played in the first show I'd seen him in- irony)

There are some obvious problems with the eyes but I have literally put a hole in them this time so there's not much more I can do about that.  I need some ideas on how to make the drawing look like the picture. 

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 01:36:13 AM »
Round the jaw a bit. Other than that, no problems. Better than anything I could do.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:22 AM »
Darn it.  The image is on its side again.  How do I fix that?  Can I?

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 02:33:26 AM »
I do not think you can change it without taking a different photo.