Topic: Constructive Criticism  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 05:36:27 AM »
It was the only free program that i didn't have to download that I could find.
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 06:17:40 AM »
I feel the Violin parts should be lower, some notes should go longer, and decrescendo for the other instruments' parts while the melody goes on.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 06:22:24 AM »
It's supposed to be a sadish theme. Aren't sad theme's high?
And i'm not a total musician. I don't know where to put decrescendos. But i will take your advice. I had originaly wrote the song to be so where on of the b's in the melody was natural, but it didn't go with the background.

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 06:26:46 AM »
It's good to be high in some parts, but all the time makes it sound rather irritating, and thus I think there should at least be a break in it.

I'm not a professional musician, so I'm not too keen on this subject, but I tried dangit.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2013, 06:29:39 AM »
I said I would take your advice. I'm thinking of making my own background though.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »
When I think of sad, I think of Demise of the Ritual from Shadow of the Colossus or Song of Healing from Majora's Mask, which seem to be lower-key songs. Maybe it's just my perception of sadness, but I always couple sadness with despair, which is a very dark theme, and as such, a deeper, lower tone works better. Maybe a lower bass/string background would give the song more depth in the emotions it's trying to convey. I often also hear songs that have low-pitch rhythmic sounds, while a higher-pitch vocal or solo instrument is used for verses.

This is coming strictly from a listener, and not a songwriter, just so you know. :smile:

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »
    I completely love that you guys are using this thread for more than just drawings. :smile:    It can be for anything created.  Or even an idea.   
    I'm afraid my silly, stupid phone won't load your song, so I can offer no advice  :(
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
Maybe you could tell me of a better free online thingie? The music there sounds wierd.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2014, 12:59:29 PM »
Revival time! Yey.
Okay, so I made a drawing of one of my characters the other day, and I can't help but think there is something... off about it. I want to know what it is that looks weird to you guys. Note that this is an unfinished drawing that I plan to add more to. it only takes up about a third of the page, so it will be hard to correct anything. I mostly want to know so I can avoid the same mistake in the future.

Oh, and I'd also like to know which image looks better to you guys. On the first one, I just used default camera settings on the 3DS, and the second one has the brightness at +75%.

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2014, 01:16:10 AM »
2nd image looks best.      And the arms are too skinny.  Especially for someone wielding a bow. She should have nice bough arms.      Other than that, looks great :smile:
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »
Ah, so that's what it was... I can see it now. Thanks :)