Topic: Something I've noticed... (Case Closed)  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »
113 out of 1197 members on the forum have at least one post. This means that 1084 (90.56%) accounts have either not posted a single time here, or all of their posts were deleted. Shouldn't their accounts be deleted since most of them are probably spam bots anyway or would this be too tedious of a process to be worth doing? There needs to be a way to stop them from registering too... Can you IP ban? That could curb the creation of multiple accounts as well.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:56:37 PM by Sparkx »

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
We can, and indeed do IP Ban them. As for removing them, I believe you need administrator rights to do so. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that second part.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 12:02:11 PM »
I see. If only the IP bans were of more help then... They seem to just keep coming back :/

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline .

• Cavalier Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
We can, and indeed do IP Ban them. As for removing them, I believe you need administrator rights to do so. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that second part.

We can't remove them. I can only ban but they will keep coming back and it'll take forever to clean up them up to the point that it's not worth the hassle.