Topic: Final decision on recent events  (Read 4493 times)

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:31:54 AM »
Thank you all for reporting to me about this recent situation. Sorry about the delay of my final decision. I had to deal with some things in life and read all the deleted posts in the logs. I will be demoting Spark from moderation for power abuse. I had warned in the past that Global Moderators only I or Neptune can demote or promote Global Moderators. The bans on Rolina and Legend has been unjust. Furthermore, the reasoning for the demotion is the attempt to delete all the posts before my arrival. 

The Sea King

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:34:08 AM »
Good to see things sorted out. My apologies for calling on you at such short notice but it was getting out of hand, I do hope it wasn't too much trouble.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:36:32 AM »
If I'm not out of place in asking, who will be the mods now?

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:33 AM »
Well, I'm most certainly glad this is over.

Though it may sound silly, I've always been terrified of Sparkx. I agree with your decision, and I'm sorry you were so bothered by this.

It seems we have our ups and downs as a community, but I've been sensing an unhealthy amount of hostility, and I'm glad it's over.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 02:40:23 AM »
It's good to be back.  Thank you for your swift and just action, Sire.

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 02:46:50 AM »
Good to see things sorted out. My apologies for calling on you at such short notice but it was getting out of hand, I do hope it wasn't too much trouble.
No, I'm grateful that I was informed about this. The situation would have not been sorted out by itself. I'm sorry that I couldn't deal with the this sooner, but some things had to be deal with first.

If I'm not out of place in asking, who will be the mods now?
The current moderating team other than me are Maegra, Legend, and Neptune.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:27 AM »
Thanks for the info, my king.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 06:18:47 AM »
Thank-you for helping us out, sir.  I'm sorry we had to bother you.
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Patsy Dragon

• Paladin Adept
  • Dove Queen
    • View Profile
    • GSAR Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 06:50:23 AM »
Thanks for stepping in and saying something, even when you were busy with life. It's nice to see responsive staff on this forum. It seems like you and the rest of the staff really care about the community, and it makes me smile to see as someone who's still understanding this place. :)

I feel like I shouldn't be posting this next part here (due to being relatively new here and all), but I wanted to let y'all know that new people do notice and care about how the staff handle themselves. While every member should make the community welcoming and friendly for everybody, staff decisions are a large part in defining the tone for a forum (or anywhere, really). They help guide where their community goes in the future, although how large that role is depends on the situation.

So, for the staff who remain - keep doing the good things, and do your best! I certainly have faith in you to do the right thing for the TLW community.
"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 07:02:56 AM »
Thanks for stepping in and saying something, even when you were busy with life. It's nice to see responsive staff on this forum. It seems like you and the rest of the staff really care about the community, and it makes me smile to see as someone who's still understanding this place. :)

I feel like I shouldn't be posting this next part here (due to being relatively new here and all), but I wanted to let y'all know that new people do notice and care about how the staff handle themselves. While every member should make the community welcoming and friendly for everybody, staff decisions are a large part in defining the tone for a forum (or anywhere, really). They help guide where their community goes in the future, although how large that role is depends on the situation.

So, for the staff who remain - keep doing the good things, and do your best! I certainly have faith in you to do the right thing for the TLW community.

A vast majority of the time we don't even perform Moderator actions, at least not publicly. As you can see from my own post count, I am the epitome of my own statement. We're pretty much just normal members like you, however we're the ones charged with cleaning out bugs and other such rabble, as it were.

Offline Patsy Dragon

• Paladin Adept
  • Dove Queen
    • View Profile
    • GSAR Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »

A vast majority of the time we don't even perform Moderator actions, at least not publicly. As you can see from my own post count, I am the epitome of my own statement. We're pretty much just normal members like you, however we're the ones charged with cleaning out bugs and other such rabble, as it were.

Yeah, I know that feel. I'm a mod on GSAR, and I don't actually use mod stuff unless I'm moving threads, commenting every now and then in a chat, and small things like that. But I like having a strong presence in the community (I have the highest post count on that forum, haha). I guess there's different kinds of moderators. And that's pretty much up to the system on a forum, and the mod themselves. Which is good~
"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 07:12:07 AM »
Yeah, I know that feel. I'm a mod on GSAR, and I don't actually use mod stuff unless I'm moving threads, commenting every now and then in a chat, and small things like that. But I like having a strong presence in the community (I have the highest post count on that forum, haha). I guess there's different kinds of moderators. And that's pretty much up to the system on a forum, and the mod themselves. Which is good~

Indeed it is. Though it's not to say I'm inactive; I check the forums a few times every day to make sure things are in order, I simply decide not to post unless a particularly interesting topic catches my eye. Or unless someone wants to have a talk, in which case I'm always up for a chat.

Offline Patsy Dragon

• Paladin Adept
  • Dove Queen
    • View Profile
    • GSAR Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:10 AM »
I wouldn't call that inactivity, haha. Just keep doing what you feel is best for you and the community. After all, it's not a job. xD

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
So... This means I'll never see that video *sadface*

Jokes aside, I hope nothing like this happens again. Thanks, Sea :gsjoy:

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept