Topic: Odyssey of Light: Chapter 1: The Mercenaries  (Read 19758 times)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« on: February 12, 2013, 09:12:35 PM »
   Two figures walk into the town of Bludstorm, a port town on the continent of Avalonia. “C'mon, Claire, I want to get to the inn by sundown!”

The loud girl is named Ash, she is a  19 year old mercenary traveling the land fighting evil with her sister, Claire. Claire is an 18 year old archer. She idolizes her sister, but gets fed up with her antics occasionally. The two were born and raised on the streets, eventually being raised in a brothel by their surrogate mother, Isolde.

“I'm coming, Ash. You know I'm not as fast as you. Cut me some slack,” Claire said yelling to her sister.

“Is that my fault, sis? I told you you needed to train more. Did you? NO! You'd rather spend time flirting with boys than training,” yelled Ash in response to her sister. “Hurry up! We're almost there! If you didn't spend two hours doing your hair this morning, we'd have been there by now!”

“Calm down, Ash. Why do you want to get to that inn so badly,” said the pale-haired archer.

“Because I know a lot of travelers go to this inn. I also know that a few of those travelers are great heroes, and we're going to recruit them to help fight the Shade and keep them from taking over the world.”

“If you say so...”

So the two went into “The Storm's Eye”, the inn, in hope of finding great heroes.

Once inside, Ash stood up on a table. “Which of you heroes want to join the two greatest mercenaries in Avalonia on a quest to save the world from evil? There will be hardships and dangers, yes, but you *cough* may *cough* come back with fame and fortune! WHO'S IN?”
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:30:33 PM by Scorpio »

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »
A man who was pulling a cart full of raw metals passed by the Storm's Eye.He happened to catch wind of "come back with fame and fortune."

this was Nyran, who could care less, believing himself good as he was, not really needing much else. Bus as fate would have it, Nyran's others had other ideas.

"This could prove beneficial. I'v always wondered what it would be like to be rich." This was Greed, a voice in Nyran's head. Literally.

"But, we have no need of it. Shouldn't we let the less fortunate take what they need?" Replied another of Nyran's voices, Generosity

"I say we do something, in stead of arguing about it. I'd like to not waste time." added Impatience, another of many voices.

Finally, Nyran's others had made a decision for him. He clumsily walked through the door, leaving his cart behind. unbeknownst to him, some thieves were taking advantage of this, and stole his cart.

"Um, I'll do it, I suppose..." Nyran said, looking rather unaware, not quite sure of what he was doing, only that he had to do it.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:25 PM »
"ALL RIGHT!!!!! WHAT'S HIS NAME'S IN!!!!!! WHO ELSE WANTS TO SEE THE WORLD WITH THE GREATEST, AND HOTTEST, MERCENARIES OF ALL TIME?!?!?!

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:01:56 PM »
Vena looked up from her table. The loud one was standing on hers, shouting. It was quite loud, but this random moment seems like the big moment. She stood up, and shook hands with Ash.

"Sure, I'll join. Next time, try to keep your voice down. We're not that far away."

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 10:05:19 PM »
"THIS GIRL... Um... This girl knows what's right!!!" Ash was blushing at being reprimanded by a stranger. "Why do you only quiet down when a stranger tells you off, and not when your sister does?" Claire was clearly offended by her sister.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:32:05 AM by Scorpio »

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »
Vena blushes as well. "Um, yeah, you should appreciate your sister...while you still have her..."

(Btw, you're forgetting to add ending quotation marks)

Offline Lunor

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
A figure seemed to appear from nowhere. It was Arkhanul. Just as bright and cheery as ever. "I'll join," he announced uncaringly. "But if you two don't get a grip and quit bickering like a couple little kids, I'll bash your heads together. Got it." His voice stayed low and threatening. He would do it too...without a moment's hesitation.

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 10:19:37 PM »
Nyran's fear took over.

Intimidated by this guy, he stepped behind Vena, Ash and Claire, nonchalantly using the three as a sort of shield, hoping to avoid any sight from this Arkhanul

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 10:21:47 PM »
"Is that all you'd want to do with me?" Claire purred at Arkhanul.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 10:26:07 PM »
Vena looked behind her and sighed. "If you're gonna join, you gotta man up. At least more than a girl."

To Claire, she tried to reason. "Please calm down. Don't let your bitterness toward your sister ruin the chances of more people coming."

Unfrightened by the figure in front of her, she bowed. "Why hello sir. Just sit down and relax. I'm sure more will come soon."

Offline Lunor

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 10:30:03 PM »
Arkhanul got into the girl's face, his eyes hard, cold, unblinking and merciless. "Let's just get one thing straight: I don't like you," he said menacingly. "I don't like you. At all. I would throw you into a pool of hungry sharks without a care. Keep your blasted flirtations away from me. Got it?" Arkhanul then swung his gaze toward Nyran.

"You should only be scared if you're a nuisance or you are on the business end of my blade." He then turned to Vena.

"I'm impressed that you're not scared," he said. "Most people would be."

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »
     "I don't know about you guys, but I'm not so sure this was a good idea." spoke Fear, the voice currently guiding Nyran.

"Are you crazy? Well, I suppose that's obvious. But are you just gonna let her diss us? I think not. Replied Anger, the most assertive Personalty, for obvious reasons.

"Sorry, I don't know what came over me." Nyran said sarcastically under Anger's influence.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »
"Now now, don't start a fight here. That would be bad attention." She looked around for any security, and saw none.

"Wait a minute, I got a room here, figured I would have to wait long before something showed up. Would you guys like to come in?" she said from the bottom of the stairs.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 10:40:09 PM »
"You! With the loud girls, the violent one! I think you need to calm down. You remind me of one of those guys fighting for the other side." A man walked out of the shadows. "I would like to join you. My name is Christopher, and I want to help you people."

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
     "What!? You're suggesting that I ignore this most grievous insult!? No! This other guy's being a complete jerk! I refuse to take it!" Nyran yelled, Anger getting riled up quite easily, as usual.