Poll

Which antagonist thus far was the best developed?

Saturos
Menardi
Karst
Agatio
Blados
Chalis

Topic: SPOILER: Best Antagonist?  (Read 7385 times)

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:43 PM »
So, Mercury, who do you think?

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:53 PM »
I'm thinking either Karst or Saturos. None of the other villains seem to have any sort of character development. I think I'm going to go with Karst because Saturos died before we actually learned what all of his true motives are, while Karst is still alive when we learn of her motives. Not just that, but we see a lot more of Karst than Saturos.

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 10:48:51 PM »
You have a point there, Merc.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »
Someone agrees with me! YAAY! i'm not alone.
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 05:18:33 AM »
I'm still sticking to my guns here, though, because I saw Karst as more of a vindictive, spiteful character whereas Saturos seemed more...calm. He didn't seem psychopathic, for lack of a better term. Know what I mean? But Karst runs a super-close second.

Offline Zattiri

• Cavalier Adept
  • Nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 01:35:19 AM »
My vote went to Karst, to balance things out.

I was really tempted to troll, and vote for Chalis.
"Swords so easily drawn beg to be used... and are rarely so easy to put away again"

-Makuta Miserix, the Mutran Chronicles

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »
My question to Zattiri s this: Why? D you have any reasons to back up Karst? Any that have not yet been brought up?

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »
To be honest, I'd not pick any of those.  The question specifically asks "best developed", and none of them were really developed that well.  I mean, maybe S&M due to their postmortem character growth by the player finding out what they were really trying to do, but to be honest, most of the characters in GS were kinda flat in terms of characterization.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 01:49:14 AM »
I don't like that they MUTED the main character. and also Golden Sun isn't a true RPG. the only choices you have are Yeses and No's. and where you can go.
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:38 AM »
I don't like that they MUTED the main character. and also Golden Sun isn't a true RPG. the only choices you have are Yeses and No's. and where you can go.

???

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 01:03:23 AM »
A true RPG lets you choose between phrases you can say that can change the story. Like Dragon Age

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 03:16:47 AM »
Quote from: Wikipedia
A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.

What you described is a design choice in an RPG. If you use that definition, there would be very few actual RPGs. Famous RPG franchises such as Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and many others wouldn't be so widely considered to be RPGs.

The idea of an RPG isn't specifically for you to affect the characters through choices, it's for the player to take the role of the character throughout their story and see he world through the eyes of another person.

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 02:25:49 PM »

Uuuhhhhhhhhhhh...okay? Golden Sun is an RPG. I like how Merc put it. *hi-five for Merc* You are playing as a set character (Isaac, Matthew, etc.) and you CONTROL what they are doing. I think that the mute-ness lets you put your own thoughts in...sorta.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 12:50:09 AM »
i know...but.....I dunno what i'm saying and I probably shouldn't have said it....

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 04:07:59 AM »
I'm in 3rd place, I was surprised I got more support than  :menardi:

I wasn't surprised in how unpopular Blados and Chalis are, they can never be as great as  :agatio: