Topic: Clan Revamping  (Read 7129 times)

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:58:46 AM »
So, as we know, Clan Wars, is dying. It's lack of intrigue and fun has diminished. I propose a complete overhaul of the system. We do have a "Realm of Peace", but be honest, who uses it?

I think we should Eschew Clan Wars in General, and focus on developing a culture.  A future of our Psuedo Storyline, in which nations have expanded, and are no longer Mono-elemental as we know them.

Hopefully soon, My colleagues will elaborate and follow up on this. Until then, I wait...

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
  • ~Clan Wars Judge~ Just Try and Mess with Me!
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:07:36 AM »
Well it's more we already know what to expect from who we've already fought, everyone who battles me knows i'm going to use something Ice, Wolf, and/or trap related.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:18:25 AM »
Thank you.  Here's what we've come up with, and also what other sites have done:

The clan wars are a thing of a past.  The clans themselves have grown.  Some rose up to greatness, others have fallen.  Clans have become so expansive now that they can no longer be mono-elemental - for Venus reaches Air's Rock, and Mercury claims Gaia Rock.  The people of these locations, of course, are influenced by these very rocks, and the children born there tend to be the element of the rocks.

So what's happened?  The clans have risen and become nations.  Rather than being those of an element, they instead follow the ideals of an element.

Sol and Luna have fallen, overwhelmed by the might of the other clans.  Their culture, however, lives on, and various aspects of their cultures have been absorbed into the others.

Venus values Leadership, Courage, and Heroism.  They respect the aspect of the Body - Strength and Beauty.
Jupiter values Knowledge, Cunning, and Insight.  They respect the aspect of the Mind - Logic and Reason.
Mars values Loyalty, Determination, and Honor.  They respect the aspect of the Spirit - Passion and Spirituality.
Mercury values Empathy, Motivation, and Adventure.  They respect the aspect of the Heart - Emotion and Bonds.

A lot of turmoil happened in the interim, but at this point in the clans, new leaders have taken the reigns, and the world is now at peace.  The people are repairing the damage from the wars, recovering from the reign of the previous administrations, and trying to repair relations between the clans.  It's a time of peace, but it's also a time of political tension, cautious diplomacy, and public distrust of those from other nations.  However, things are slowly getting better...

Plus, who knows.  Perhaps there's something on the horizon... something that may wind up making the four clans band together.  They once fought one another... but soon, they might wind up fighting back to back, defending one another.  These four clans, with the elements held to their very soul, will find that united they're stronger than they ever could have been alone...

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 02:22:44 AM »
Meaning you can still be a Sol and Luna adept, but can join other clans. I really like where this is going. I am getting tired of Clan wars. It just seems a bit DEAD. This might interest more people in coming to the forum too! I'm currently leaving Sol clan, because I'm getting bored. This will make much more sense as to why people have changed their element.
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:25:09 AM »
Perhaps - it depends on where you want to go.

Y'all know me - I'd rather push the whole Element/Fundament system, where you have BOTH an element and a fundament.  Want to be a Sol adept?  Sure.  But you can also be a Mercury adept at the same time.  I've even got icons for that, thanks to Kirigishi!

Sol ---------------- Neutral ---------------- Luna

What's that?  You want to shoot beams of light?

Crystal and Celestial aspects are what you'll want.  Shoot light like Crystallux in your attacks, or call down astral light like the Phaeton's Blade.  Or, you know.  Wave Motion Cannon spells, like the Rune Blade's Void Beam attack. :D

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 02:40:31 AM »
I don't get all of the icons
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 02:44:15 AM »
In order from Top to bottom

Venus
Mars
Jupiter
Mercury.

Left to right.

Sol Aligned - Neutral - Luna Aligned

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 03:00:05 AM »
They're the elemental aspects.

SolNeutralLuna
VenusCrystalStonePlant
MarsExplosiveFlameCorrosive
JupiterAstralWindLightning
MercuryIceWaterVapor

There's two ways to do it - pick one of each, or the way I do it, which allows for six fundamental combinations (basically, pick one or two columns)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:43:12 AM by Rolina »

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 03:05:30 AM »
for some reason the mercury's sol and luna seem backwards to me

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 03:08:51 AM »
Here's the logic behind it:

Sol - Sol is the power of order and stability, and gives shape to all things.  It is symbolized by the sun, and is associated with Light.  Without Sol, nothing would hold form, and the world would be a mass of turbulent particles and... stuff.  Basically, Sol is for Alchemy what the four forces are for Science.  When an element is charged with a Sol alignment, it tends to have a more solid, rigid form, or takes on a Light-esque form.  The Four Aspects associated with Sol are:  Crystal, Burst, Astral, and Ice.  Sol also has the ability to build things up and bolster them - as such, it is the source of benedictions (buffs and recovery spells).

Luna - Luna is the power of chaos and change, and fuels evolution.  It is symbolized by the moon, and associated with Darkness.  Without Luna, nothing could have evolved.  The world would be solid and seamless, and quite boring to tell you the truth.  Luna is for alchemy akin to what evolution and similar natural forces are for Science.  When an element is charged with a Luna alignment, is tends to have a more fluid, flexible form, or takes on a Dark-esque form.  The Four Aspects associated with Luna are:  Plant, Corrosive, Lightning, and Steam.  Luna's nature also tends to break things down to try and change them - it's only natural then that it is the source of most maledictions (debuffs and ailment spells)

Pure - A Pure Affinity is when an element has little influence from sol or luna.  They're still present, but neither is dominant over the other.  These make up the four elements in their purest form, and when we refer to an element, it is often by one of these four names, even if we are describing another aspect.  These four pure elemental forces make up everything you see around us - they are literally the building blocks of life.  Between them, as well as the growth given by Luna and shape given by Sol, make up everything in existence.  The Four Aspects considered a Pure form are:  Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water.  As this is the source of all, Healing and Substance are said to be born of a pure energy, and since all aspects are based upon the Pure elements in one way or another, people of any fundamental affinity are able to use Healing and Damage spells equally well.

Ice is the solid form of Water, thus it's Sol.

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:16 AM »
I had a feeling that was the direction you was going with it...in the end it's just me that it seems backwards but makes sense at the same time(and thus why everything is a never ending contradiction with me)

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 03:14:19 AM »
Nah, until I actually defined the fundaments, those two were reversed.  After defining them, I had to switch them.  That, and... I've always been kinda... eh, with the Steam aspect.  But I can't think of any other thing that makes sense for mercury.

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 03:15:35 AM »
alright, though it kinda makes me feel out of place

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:21 AM »
?  How?

Offline TakoshiWolfite

• Mercury Clan
  • Admiral Adept
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity-GothTk14
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 03:20:00 AM »
Well wolves are usually associated with the Moon/Luna, but I tend to use Ice Psynergy which is a Mercury/Sol Alignment by that chart.