Topic: I can't start anything.  (Read 840 times)

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: February 03, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
Lately, I've had some opportunities to sit down and either draw or write. But, once I get everything ready, pencil in hand, I just can't get started. I'll sit and think of what to draw or write, but within a minute or a few, my mind is already elsewhere.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? What do you do to help get past this?

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 05:44:40 AM »
Artist/Writers block. Used to get it all the time, usually when I had other things to do or was interested in other things. It's going to vary from person to person what works for them, but for me I would go lay down, play my gameboy for a bit and just clear my head.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
I agree with Maegra.

I'm beginning to think I have ADD because because I do that all the time. I'll begin something but I quickly don't stick with it, and I start thinking of something else.

My point is is that it is common. lol.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:04:46 AM »
But I don't even begin. That's the problem. I'd say I actually get something started like once out of 10 attempts. Once I start, I usually don't have a problem persisting until I'm done, which is why I don't think writers'/artists' block is the problem...

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
On the contrary, Writers/Artists Block is exactly that; not being able to even begin.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 07:36:13 AM »
Oh, I always thought of writers' block as getting stuck after you've already been working.
I've tried playing a game, listening to music or reading something to clear my mind, but those usually do the exact opposite for me.
Maybe stress is my problem. I've been working a lot lately, there are some complications regarding moving right now that shouldn't exist (won't be ranting about that here, just sayin'), and just other real life garbage I have to deal with lately. 'Murica. Just sayin'