Topic: I draw anime/manga- rate it?  (Read 1308 times)

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
  • Yes that is a Venus Djinn tattoo. #yolo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:32:52 AM »
 :venus_djinn: :mars_djinn: :jupiter_djinn: :mercury_djinn:

Oh herro.  :gshappy:

Saw a post for "rate my art" and thought i'd share my own.  :gsidea:

See attachments or just go on my personal Instagram: www.instagram.com/aprilhylia  :gssweatdrop:

BE NICE OKAY  :59:  :gsjoy:

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 05:38:52 AM »
It's awful because it's so much better than what I can do and I'm jealous.

Truthfully, you have an amazing talent and should be proud that you can master your gift like that.

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:46:11 AM »
It's awful because it's so much better than what I can do and I'm jealous.

:01: Dont be! It took me a long long time before I was comfortable to show them on the great interweb. I have pulled my hair out in frustration many times.. still do..  :gssweatdrop:

Truthfully, you have an amazing talent and should be proud that you can master your gift like that.

Thanks so much! But I use references, I can't draw without looking at something. I plan to learn how to make OC's/ my own original forms of fanart, but for now practicing with a reference is my muse.

Maybe we could do a Golden Sun collaboration  :25:

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:50:45 AM »
Those are pretty epic :D

Who are those characters though? Are they your own, or from somewhere else?

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 06:16:10 AM »
Who are those characters though? Are they your own, or from somewhere else?

Flower kimono girl: Erza from the anime Fairy Tail
Slice-through-monster girl: page from the manga Claymore
Little girl with the gun: Henrietta from the anime Gunslinger Girl
and the guy is Ichigo from the anime Bleach

:gsjoy: #otaku

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:06:01 AM »
Neato~

They all look very precise too. What are those pens you're using? I'm bound by pencil and eraser when I draw (mostly the eraser lol)

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:48 AM »
They all look very precise too. What are those pens you're using? I'm bound by pencil and eraser when I draw (mostly the eraser lol)

:12: Theyre called Sakura Pigma Micron
http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/Pen-Archival

THEYRE SO GOOD.

I want to get actual manga pans that mangakas use but I dont know where to get dem..

IF I FINDED THEM WE SHOULD ALL MAKE A GOLDEN SUN MANGA OMFGGG
 :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65: :65:

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 08:26:19 AM »
Lol. That would be fun :D

I can draw creatures... >.> My creature drawings always seem to turn out better than my drawings of people for some reason, even though the only creatures I ever drew were Pokémon back when I was like 12...

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:12 AM »
My creature drawings always seem to turn out better than my drawings of people for some reason, even though the only creatures I ever drew were Pokémon back when I was like 12...

If you can draw the djinni that would be sufficient... I have serious trouble drawing those things.
Man I wish they were real pets...

-drifts off to fantasyland of cuddling Flint-

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
Actually, I drew an epic Mercury Djinni for Merc a year ago for the Christmas thing.
http://goldensunforums.thelostwaters.com/index.php?topic=1483.58

I don't have anything to color with anymore since I moved though. :< I need to get my hands on one of those super pro coloring pencil sets...

EDIT: I forgot to mention: If you post the original images you used for your drawings, then people can post constructive help. IDK if that's what you're looking for, but just thought I'd mention it :3
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:33:28 AM by Star Magician »