Topic: Albums  (Read 836 times)

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: September 19, 2013, 10:20:22 AM »
ITT, we talk about albums. That pretty much covers it.

I decided to make this thread because I keep buying CDs lately and wanted to share it and give others the opportunity to do the same, if they so wish. When I think about nostalgic music, certain albums are what come to mind rather than specific tracks. Part of it has to do with the artwork involved, which is why this topic should be separate from the Music General Discussion thread.

To start, the albums I bought most recently are:

(The Afterman includes Ascension and Descension, plus a collection of live songs on a third disc)

The third one in particular has some very interesting artwork within that reflects the tale being told in each song. I love Coheed and Cambria because of how each of their albums tell a different part of a sci-fi story in a very unique way.

What are some of your favorite, nostalgic, recently acquired, or even hated or disappointing albums that you've heard?

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Team Flare Zakk ( Agatio )

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Go Team Flare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:17:45 AM »
Nothing beats some good Norweigien Black Metal and of everybody knows Dimmu Borgir are the kings of Norweigien Black Metal, here are a few good albums by Dimmu Borgir and a excellent album done by Galder and Old Mans Child, another great Black Metal band.

The albums are called

Dimmu Borgir Puritanical Eurthoric Misanthropia, I can't show the full album art to this one, but it's a awesome album.

Dimmu Borgir Death Cult Armegeddon

Old Man's Child In Defiance of Existance

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
I have never heard either of those. Probably not for me anyway :P I'm not a fan of the über-heavy stuff.

And I just spent $90 spontaneously on Amazon. Someone slap me out of it before I go broke.  :54:

JK. This is what I got:

Artists: Dream Theater; Sound of Contact
Albums: Dream Theater; Dimensionaut

Artists: Steven Wilson; Touchstone
Albums: The Raven that Refused to Sing (And Other Stories); Oceans of Time

Artist: Alcest
Albums: "Écailles de Lune"; "Les Voyages De L'Âme")

Artists: Lifesigns; Two Steps from Hell
Albums: Lifesigns (MP3); SkyWorld

The SkyWorld album is going to be a gift for my brother. I know, precious ain't it?

Oh, and I almost forgot that I ordered another one a few days ago:

Artist: Magenta
Album: The Twenty-Seven Club

So that's actually closer to $110. Crap...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:18:00 AM by Star Magician »

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA