Topic: Hello World!  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Xazel

• Newbie Adept
  • Time is scarce; 'rather spend it enjoyably.
    • View Profile
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:04:59 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm brand-new to this forum, and was actually surprised to find it. I thought that after so long there wouldn't be any Golden Sun fans left, so I'm glad to have come across you guys.

I've been part of another forum before a while back, and I still visit it every so often, but I think my interests with it have since shifted.

Anyways, I'm here to have fun in the presence of other Golden Sun fans as I undergo some nostalgic trips. I hope to get along with everyone!
avatar and signature are temporary until I find something better

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »
Hello! Enjoy some mustard to celebrate your glorious arrival!

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »
Welcome! We are the world's greatest forum community 23 years running*, and we're glad to have you comme aboard. If you need help, PM me.

*No we're not

Offline Xazel

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
Hello! Enjoy some mustard to celebrate your glorious arrival!
@Star Magician: Lol, it's been so long since I've been exposed to this kind of stuff. 'Feels nice to experience some randomness again, haha. Oh, and I don't think I've ever been offered a jar of mustard before! O:

Welcome! We are the world's greatest forum community 23 years running*, and we're glad to have you comme aboard. If you need help, PM me.
*No we're not
@Scorpio: I'll definitely keep that in mind then, Scorpio: both the forum's famed history and your offer, lol. Thanks for the warm welcome. =)

By the way, are there any threads/activities/parts of the forum you guys would suggest for newcomers? For now I'm just looking at forum sections with relatively new posts to find more active topics to get in on.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »
Lol, it's been so long since I've been exposed to this kind of stuff. 'Feels nice to experience some randomness again, haha.
Just remember this is The Lost Spammers we're talking about. You'll get a lot more than measly mustard.
By the way, are there any threads/activities/parts of the forum you guys would suggest for newcomers? For now I'm just looking at forum sections with relatively new posts to find more active topics to get in on.
I have no suggestions, really. Just post in anythin you feel like.

I'm so sad your name isn't "Username" to fit your profile

Offline Xazel

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:37:26 PM »
I'm so sad your name isn't "Username" to fit your profile
Lol, I've taken up the name "Usernameless" before a few times, but I wanted to keep this name because I used it on the forum I used to go to. "Username" would have fit the sarcastic scheme wouldn't it? Lol. The avatar and signature are temporary though; I do plan on getting a Golden Sun -themed pair eventually.

'Glad you noticed though =). (you -are- talking about the avi and sig, right? ><)

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
(Pssst! Get Alex themed stuff.)

We're buddies now, so if anyone messes with you, you have my big mouth and loophole knowledge to bak you up!

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 06:22:59 AM »
Post wherever you feel like posting, really. We're a pretty small community, so I've never seen anyone enforce a "don't post on old threads" rule. (In fact, it probably helps us if you do revive some discussions lol.) Or if you'd rather create a new thread, go for it. I try to post on every thread I have something to say about, just for the sake of keeping things active.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Xazel

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 04:12:54 PM »
(Pssst! Get Alex themed stuff.)
We're buddies now, so if anyone messes with you, you have my big mouth and loophole knowledge to bak you up!
Lol, I'll keep that in mind, Scorpio. =)
Post wherever you feel like posting, really. We're a pretty small community, so I've never seen anyone enforce a "don't post on old threads" rule. (In fact, it probably helps us if you do revive some discussions lol.) Or if you'd rather create a new thread, go for it. I try to post on every thread I have something to say about, just for the sake of keeping things active.
I see, I see. By the way, is there an English-only rule in place? I saw a spammish-looking thread using Japanese Katakana and Kanji writing. It was unrelated to anything and just had links to shopping sites as far as I could tell (link here --> http://goldensunforums.thelostwaters.com/index.php?topic=2578.msg74733#msg74733).
Anyways, I reported it, but I'd like to practice Japanese here a bit too if it's not a problem, especially if there are others here who can use it. o:

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »
Those are spam bots. They attack the forum a lot. The mods do what they can.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 02:28:27 AM »
There used to be some thread with only 2 peeps speakin Japanese to each other, that's been long disbanded tho.

There's no english only rule, but I only know english so it helps me out

Offline Xazel

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 05:45:07 AM »
I see, I see. Sankyuu! ("Thank you!"--or as I like to write it: "39!")

Edit: san (さん) = 3, kyuu (きゅう) = 9, so "thank you" is phonetically sankyuu (さんきゅう) --> 39. xD

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 02:37:08 PM »
Rao rao, looks like I'm a little late to the welcome.
I should warn you, I'm very mean spirited and probably won't get along with you.  :17:
                                  ^The line above only contains lies.^

How's it going guy ?
How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 08:49:35 PM »
Welcome to The Found Waters!
We are a small community, but it's nice to meet you!
I don't think I can top the randomness of being offered mustard, so I won't try. Lol.

Offline Xazel

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 03:26:06 AM »
@Ailanthus: 'ts'all good; thanks for the welcome. =)
Being only lies, I will ignore those lines you never said. Which ones were they again?
It's alright. I'm just happy I have some regular form of distraction now, and new posts to look forward to!
Btw, nice sig line, lol.

@Halcyonic Legend: I am welcome!
It is nice to meet you too!
You cannot top the randomness of mustard offering.

Sarcasms aside, thanks Halcyonic! It's all good: I mean, only so many can be so random before all sense of normality would be lost, right? Lol.
I think you're the first mod I've met here. 'Almost thought I wouldn't see one, haha.