Topic: General Shipping Thread  (Read 805 times)

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »
Because why the hell not?

Use this thread to discuss your fan shipping fantasies. Try to explain why you do such a thing too.

"But why is this in the spam section?"

Because that's where this topic belongs. Shipping fictional characters is pretty ridiculous and basically the nerd's version of celebrity worship. That being said, I'm still guilty of it. Just sayin'

Let's see...

Xenosaga Episode I led me to believe that Shion was going to fall in love with the android KOS-MOS in subsequent episodes. I thought it was kind of adorable because of how KOS-MOS always goes to great lengths to come to Shion's aid. The lyrics of the credits theme only pushed this assumption further (but it may have just been a misleading translation). I kinda wished it had ended up that way.

In Disgaea, I always imagine Etna and Flonne being in a secret relationship behind Laharl's back. Partly for teh lulz, and partly because their personalities would make a cute and hilarious couple.

I know Zelda and Link is such an easy ship, but I like Link and Marin from Link's Awakening better. Spoiler: Because Marin seems to be an alternate version of Zelda that only exists in Link's dream, that suggests that she is more Link's type than Zelda is. Marin is a very different person from Zelda too, which only makes this more believable.

I would also ship OoT Link with Saria before Zelda any day. Just sayin'

As far as Golden Sun characters are concerned... Meh. What's done is done, and I don't have any issues with it. I liked that they kept the relationships subtle.

I can't think of anything else.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 12:12:23 AM »
Finally you made this thread, Star!

Lets see we have..

Ganon and Hilda: Hilda's ultimate weapon she uses to get the Triforce, and Hilda is the counterpart of Zelda, so I'm going to ship her and Ganon cause I want to

Link can have The Great Fairy cause he's Lunk and The Great Fairy is nasty

Toon Link and Zelda, ToonLink is better cause I use him in Super Smash Bros, therefore he beats up Lunk and gets Zelda

Ike and Mia, my favorite Fire Emblem shipping

Robin and Lucina, that's female Robin and Lucina

Ellie and Riley, in The Last of Us, Ellie reveals that she and a friend named Riley, who is a girl are a item, they kiss

Bowser and Rosalina, forget Peach, Bowser has a new woman, the Galactic Queen herself

Peach, Mario and Luigi triangle, Peach kisses both Luigi and Mario, there is no Daisy and Luigi, for Peach has both these guys, this happened in game too, play and see, Peach kisses both Mario and Luigi, it doesn't matter

Waluigi and Daisy, these two are always seen together, I'm shipping Waluigi and Daisy

Larry Koopa and Erika, one reason why I ship these two is plants, they are both so obsessed with plants, and that's what makes this crossover shipping work, therefore Erika, the nature loving princess, turns out to be Larry's princess, they attend the temple of the Goddess of Plants, Biolante

Wendy O Koopa and Wartortle, what, she thinks its a Koopaling and he's a water type, giggle

Bowser Jr and White Mage, he met her playing Basketball

As for Golden Sun, Agatio and Menardi, just sayin, Agatio really wanted to kill everybody for some reason, so I'm going away from Dragonshipping and shipping Agatio and Menardi, other than that I don't really care.

Cynthia and Black, in my Black game I have Cynthia with Black aka Ganon, ( I named my trainer Ganon )

Blastoise and Lorelei, Blastoise is like Bowser he wants to be powerful so he captures Lorelei, the Mistress of Ice Type Pokémon, and with that he gains power over all that is Ice and Water, the Elite 4 and all of Kanto, and then he replaces the Gym Leaders with powerful Wartortles that have Pokémon, wow this is a really cool idea

Ash and Misty, Ash can have Misty, yuck

Emboar and Bianca, ok in case anybody hasn't noticed Bianca really really has a thing for her Emboar, she hugs it a lot, so yeah, I'm shipping this

Anthony and Lyra, my rival in Soulsilver and Lyra, ok he can have her, she's annoying

Queen Lucy and Seviper, they don't call her The Serpentine Queen for nothing, and she even attends the Temple of Giratina, so lust is kind of a thing she must practice in the name of the Dark Serpentine Lord himself, Giratina

Bryony and Celosia of Team Flare, yeah I think these two are a item

Sabrina and Kadaber, Sabrina's Kadaber, they share such a close bond, they think the same things

Clair and Gold, I named Gold, Agatio so actually this is my idea of Dragon Shipping

Elesa and Pichu, my main Melee electric type and my favorite Gym Leader

Magus and Schala, this is the only Chrono shipping I'm doing

Phosphora and Fighter, I use the Phosphora Bow, sniff, ah it riechsts so gut, so yeah my Fighter and Phosphora

Pit and Palutena, if Palutena is in Super Smash Bros 4, then yeah definitely ship these two

I think that's good for now.

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 05:46:19 AM »
Metal Gear Solid
Solid Snake and Otacon (my OTP). Otacon was my favorite character, I thought he died instead during the end if you endured the torture to save Meryl.
Later on in life I cooked up a theory with my broken gaydar and a few clues. Like Psycho Mantis' talk with Snake. To come to the conclusion that Snake's totes gay. They're such bros, and that ending, it just makes it seem so perfect.
Final Fantasy Tactics
Agrias Oaks and Mustadio Bunanza. Well, Agrias is my waifu and Mustadio is one of my favorite dudes in the game. He's got such a cool name. I only ship because of some extra cutesy scene added in the PSP version where he's got a crush on her and gets her somethin' for her birthday.
Golden Sun
Felix and Sheba. I make no apologies for being a lighthouse shipper. None at all.
Isaac/Garet and Isaac's Roof.  Nothing quite like a highly dramatic, thought provoking, mood stirring love triangle. Garet is so forward and bold, still can't believe he penetrated Isaac's Roof right in front of him.
The Giving Tree
The Boy and The Giving Tree. Can't believe he chose The Girl, The Giving Tree had so much more to offer him, clearly best girl. Such a sad book.

:30: Shared opinions make me happy. Saria was my first crush, how could he just replace the ocarina ? Link is cold as ice.
Magus and Schala, this is the only Chrono shipping I'm doing
:50: I don't care if it's incest, they're royalty anyway.
How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 08:11:06 AM »
Finally you made this thread, Star!

Just for you <3

Ganon and Hilda: Hilda's ultimate weapon she uses to get the Triforce, and Hilda is the counterpart of Zelda, so I'm going to ship her and Ganon cause I want to

Let's ship that Link with Ravio too. For teh lulz.

As for Golden Sun, Agatio and Menardi, just sayin, Agatio really wanted to kill everybody for some reason, so I'm going away from Dragonshipping and shipping Agatio and Menardi, other than that I don't really care.

Your obsessions with Agatio aside, this actually could work if it was truly canon. Agatio's motivation was never really made clear in TLA.

Pit and Palutena, if Palutena is in Super Smash Bros 4, then yeah definitely ship these two
I don't know about that... Pit is more like Palutena's lap dog lol. Also, Hades would be a better Smash character because he's hilarious.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:02:59 PM »
I know, double post blah blah blah

Isaac/Garet and Isaac's Roof.  Nothing quite like a highly dramatic, thought provoking, mood stirring love triangle. Garet is so forward and bold, still can't believe he penetrated Isaac's Roof right in front of him.
:10:

:30: Shared opinions make me happy. Saria was my first crush, how could he just replace the ocarina ? Link is cold as ice.
That ocarina must be like the ring from Lord of the Rings or something. I loved Saria too. She was my favorite character in OoT when I was younger.

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 03:53:39 AM »
I'm just throwing this at Agatio for the lulz.   

Lucina and Owain because they're first cousins, it's totally creepy, aaaand very possible to marry the two together.   
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
I'm just throwing this at Agatio for the lulz.   

Lucina and Owain because they're first cousins, it's totally creepy, aaaand very possible to marry the two together.   

Sounds edgy, I like it.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
My god, Mugen Souls is such shipping fodder. One could ship pretty much any female character to anyone in the game o.O