Topic: Camelot Fails at keeping us fans hyped for Golden Sun  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »
They do, think about it, we get Lost Age Two Years after the original, not too bad, but 7 years with nothing was a long time especially just to get something of the likes of Dark Dawn which.

I feel Isaac should have been playable in Brawl for the reason of keeping us hyped about Golden Sun, and of course cause the first game was legendary, we're hyped about playing through it on VC, but still we're not getting the hype that how can I say keeps the Golden Sun series alive.

Lets look at Ness for example, if he was never in Super Smash Bros, Earthbound might of been the same way, even now we don't get too much Earthbound stuff besides Earthbound being released on VC, Mother and Mother 3 were never released outside Japan, but because Ness was a popular character because he was playable in Super Smash Bros, Earthbound still has hype, its crazy how much hype for a series Smash Bros can create.

This is one good reason to have Isaac playable in Super Smash Bros 4, I don't want to see the Golden Sun series die out.

We never forget the characters and the game itself, like Kid Icarus, we waited 20 years to get Uprising, and 3 years before that Pit was in Brawl.

Now here's what I want to see, I want to see Isaac be playable in Super Smash Bros 4 to create the hype we need for the possibility of Golden Sun 4, like how Pit did with Uprising in Brawl.

They should start making a bunch of Golden Sun sub prequels and sequels, Broken Seal could even have a prequel with Saturos as the main character, there could be a prequel to Dark Dawn with Alex the main character, stuff like that, they could even mark Dark Dawn as one of these types of games, maybe Dark Dawn could be like a Imposter Golden Sun 3 and the real Golden Sun 3 could be yet to come and that game would have our main guys which of course would be Isaac and friends, stuff like that, this is what I'm trying to say by make more Golden Sun games, otherwise the hype for the series just dies out.

I would love to see Golden Sun become one of Nintendo's main rpgs, that's the ultimate goal, but first we need to see Golden Sun start stepping up and Camelot is failing to keep the series fresh.

If Camelot can't get this job done, maybe Takahashi go solo with it.

With this said, I think Golden Sun could have its uprising, but as of right now Camelot fails to keep us Golden Sun fans hyped about the series.

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 01:31:48 AM »
The WiiU version IS the hype. The only reason we got TLA so soon was that it the first game got split into two because it was a N64 game that got moved to GB and the cartridge couldn't handle the size. It took eight years to make the first two as on and seven for DD, we're just going to have to wait for a few.

P.S. Isaac still could make it into Smash Bros WiiU/3DS. His chances are decent.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »
The first Golden Sun came out when I was like 12. The second when I was like 13. Dark Dawn came out when I was 21, and I never played it until I was 22 or 23. It's kind of hard to imagine that there would be a large enough group of people that are as old as I am requesting a fourth game.

But, I looked up the Golden Sun digital download version on Miiverse, and a lot of people on there talk about how much they loved it back in the early 00's, and some are still hoping for a fourth game, so who knows?

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »
The first Golden Sun came out when I was like 12. The second when I was like 13. Dark Dawn came out when I was 21, and I never played it until I was 22 or 23. It's kind of hard to imagine that there would be a large enough group of people that are as old as I am requesting a fourth game.

But, I looked up the Golden Sun digital download version on Miiverse, and a lot of people on there talk about how much they loved it back in the early 00's, and some are still hoping for a fourth game, so who knows?

That's because the original games had more iconic characters, the characters seen in Dark Dawn were utter garbage therefore that turned the fanbase away, because of this, I feel that it would be a good move to bring the original 4 back in Golden Sun 4.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 06:44:04 AM »
I don't know about that. It wasn't the characters that got me so into the series. It was the gameplay, the puzzles, the mythos, etc. Character development is not what the series was known for.

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »
I am of the belief that Camelot kinda doesn't care to keep fans into GS. I feel like maybe they moved on to other more profitable projects.

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
Camelot doesn't really call their own shots anyway. It makes sense that they aren't making promises they can't keep and trying to get everyone all hyped up for something that might not even happen.
Though, I think they were planning on getting at least one more shot after DD, they may have botched the operation. Nintendo isn't known for treating it's allies well and likely won't give them another chance unless they are sure they won't lose out.
How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »
I wonder if reception of Golden Sun on the virtual console will spark any responses or anything from Camelot and Nintendo. One can only hope, but I really doubt it. GS is probably dead now.

Plot twist: GS4 being made for the Wii U with a remastered Dark Dawn... Heh, I can dream too y'know.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 02:25:20 AM »
Plot Twist, they announce gs4 for the gameboy color

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 07:10:02 AM »
I'd get it. My GBC still works like new, even though I've thrown it around in some epic nerd rage when I was a kid. Just sayin'

Offline Nyran

• Venus Clan
  • Nyran, Superior; Lepricorn, Inferior
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Casterrix
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 04:31:14 AM »
Back in the day, you could do that stuff.

NOWADAYS, THEY ALL BREAK IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE.

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 07:31:19 AM »
Nintendo still builds the sturdiest stuff though.
I don't think anything could take a beating like the GameCube.
You guys ever see that episode of X-play ?
(This Episode)
How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 09:06:45 AM »
Lol yes, I've seen that. My Gamecube has been moved over 9000 times, dropped, fiddled with on the inside by dumb kids (us when we were little), had coke spilled on it, and even slightly melted on the outside when a space heater fell on it, and it still works great lol.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 05:18:38 AM »
In case you guys have been wondering I been playing Xenoverse a lot over the past year on my X Box One, so at this point I'd like to see Golden Sun jump ship to X Box.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 07:12:42 AM »
Nah, it should come to the GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE. #1080p #60fps #4K #Gaben #XboxDone #lolconsolepeasants