Topic: Golden Sun Charity Marathon!  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: October 28, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »
Hi guys, long time no sea  ;)

Me and Sagie from Sunrise are going to do a Golden Sun marathon on Saturday for Extra Life.

Extra Life is like a gaming marathon to benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Last weekend, thousands of gamers worldwide played games for 24 hours to raise money for Extra Life: Save the Kids, all of which went to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals all around the world.

The admins of Golden Sunrise: Miva and Sagie, are going to do our bit too: from 5am to 5pm CDT on Saturday (10am-10pm GMT) we will be racing to see which of us can complete the first Golden Sun game fastest. This is not a speed-run, we're just ordinary folks, but we'll be racing and trying to raise money for these kids.

Please consider donating to this cause, and checking out our race on Saturday. You can donate at the link below--the suggested donation is $1 an hour, so just $12. It's tax-deductible and all of it goes to the kids. You can also check out our Twitch stream when it goes live Saturday morning. We'll upload everything later too for anyone that misses it.

To donate see our Extra Life page,
To watch us on Saturday here is our Stream.

Even if you can't donate, please help us by sharing this info with everyone you know, especially other GS fans. We'd love it if you'd come watch our stream and cheer us on.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:03:32 PM by Miva »

Offline Neshi

• Newbie Adept
  • Hm?
    • View Profile
    • Neshirys' tumblr (sketches & illustrations)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:16:43 PM »
Congrats! They raised 446$!!

Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends!

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:52:57 PM »
That's really awesome, guys.     :)
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
We are planning to keep the fund raising going by tackling TLA in 6 hour bursts. This time we want more people to join us and stream along side. We also want to donate to a different cause and are discussing who.

If anyone is interested you can join the discussion here: http://s7.zetaboards.com/GoldenSunrise/topic/9196064/1/

Otherwise once everything is decided I'll swing by again to let you know.

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 03:53:58 PM »
Hey again,

We decided to raise money for Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Boarders) who are an independent humanitarian medical aid organisation. They are committed to providing medical aid where it is most needed, regardless of race, religion, politics or gender and also to raising awareness of the plight of the people they help. You might have heard more recently about the work they're doing fighting the Ebola outbreak.

The plan is to invite everyone to "run along" with us as we play Golden Sun: The Lost Age. We will be racing to beat the game in a number of 6 hour bursts. Starting on the 22nd of November from 9am-3pm CST (3pm-9pm GMT) though these times may change slightly.

We want as many people to play along side us (streaming if possible) as we can get. We ask that everyone taking part donates at least $5, but anyone can watch along even if you can't donate. We're going to have a big skype chat with everyone whose playing (streaming or not). Those that want to transfer data from GS1: we will be providing our passwords (approx. lvl 25), you can use your own, but for fairness' sake please do not use data with characters higher than level 30.

Also I've volunteered to go a bit further to thank donators: those that donate more than $10 (whether they participate or not) will be sent a specially designed thank you card along with stickers to commemorate your contribution (provided they are willing to give an address, which will not be used for anything else I swear).

If you want to take part please either pm me here or email goldensunriseadmin@gmail.com with the name you have/plan to donated under, you're twitch/skype account and an address if you want a thank you card. We'll get you on the list and send you updates on this event including future dates. I personally promise if you email us we will not use your email for anything beyond the scope of this event.

I'll keep dropping by with updates as they come.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:25:39 AM by Miva »

Offline Neshi

• Newbie Adept
  • Hm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 03:36:58 PM »
I shared info here -> http://neshirys.tumblr.com/post/102447895031

Hey people, help and reblog it to make more people know about GS Charity Marathon!

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »
Not that anyone here is paying much attention, but some copy pasta for you:
The run went really well. We've made $280 so far, if anyone enjoyed watching, but didn't get around to donating: you can  click here to give. If you can, please consider giving to Doctors Without Boarders. They do amazing work, the doctors risk their lives go out to dangerous places and give what help they can.

As for the Run, we each made it to various stages, but the front runner was 'A Toxic Potato' who managed to make his way to fight the Aqua Hydra on the ship giving him access to the eastern Ocean. So big well done to him!

The second 6 hour stint of the run will take place on the 6th of December (2 weekends from now) and will be starting an hour later, that means 10am-4pm CST which is 4pm-10pm GMT.
The plan is for us to all begin again from the same point next run. This means runners need to catch up with 'A Toxic Potato' during the next too weeks. They will obtain Piers and the black orb, go to the ship, fight the Aqua Hydra and place the black orb in the ship: watch the resulting cut scene. And we'll all start here:

They'll record the time it takes them so the final leader board may look very different to how the race is going each session.

New runners: You can still join us! All you need to do is catch up with us: get to your ship between now and the 6th and donate $5. Please record the time it took you so we can add you to the results.
Some of the runners didn't pay for their run last time, so this time streams will not be advertised in the multitwitch and participants will not be part of the skype chat until they have donated. If you cannot pay for what ever reason please tell us your situation and perhaps we can work something out. (I should clarify that it's $5 for the whole thing, not per session, though obviously the more you give the better.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:13:20 PM by Miva »

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 09:14:12 PM »
Sorry to make you guys feel ignored. I'm reading along.
Just haven't said anything since, well... I never have any money.
How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 09:25:22 AM »
It's cool, thanks. Sorry if I sounded annoyed, I more assumed that I was being a pest.

You should still come and watch (if you want and have time) to support us and make the chat interesting :D even if you can't donate.

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »
I realize I wrote EST when I meant CST, so that's 10am-4pm CST. Sorry.

It's still not to late to sign up to play, but let me know asap. Even if you don't have a save file to start at the same place as us I can help you by sending my file.

Offline Sagie

• Newbie Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »
This is tomorrroooooowwww come watch us and cheer for us and please donate if you can--it's for a fabulous cause. :D

I'll be starting an hour early because of family commitments, so there'll be activity on revyb's Twitch as early as 9am CST.

Offline Neshi

• Newbie Adept
  • Hm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »
Hey guys! The next part of the run will take place tomorrow (6th December),10am-4pm CST which is 4pm-10pm GMT.

More info here ->  Fundraising page

Watch GS Charity Marathon soon! -> Stream

Hope you will come and cheer us!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:42:02 PM by Neshi »

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 02:44:57 PM »
Current Times:
Sleeping Seaweed: 6 hours (actual time: 3 hours 14 minutes)
A Toxic Potato: 6 hours
Sagie: 6 hours 17 minutes
Miva: 6 hours 42 minutes
Robert Joe: 7 hours 10 minutes
Catman: 9 hour 30 minutes
Diem: 10 hours 20 minutes

Sleeping Seaweed caught up in a stagering 3 hours 14 minutes, but we're still counting the 1st run as 6 hours unfortunatly, since we took breaks and such as we played. I've no doubt Seaweed will over take us in no time regardless :D
Sagie will start her part of the run in 20 minutes, the rest of us will start in an hour and 20.

Watch us here:
http://multitwitch.tv/miva_sunrise/revyb/AToxicPotato/aeiou_gaming/killercrusher232/soldiem/sleepingseaweed

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »
Sorry to make you guys feel ignored. I'm reading along.
Just haven't said anything since, well... I never have any money.
This and I don't own a computer to watch you guys.
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Miva

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Squire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
Part 2 is done and the eastern sea was challenging for our runners: Sagie, after tackling Gaia Rock twice had to leave after losing her save a second time. Catman bravely charged at the Serpent 3 times before finally overcoming the beast. I got lost at Ankohl Ruins and ran circles around it wasting much time.

These and many other difficulties slowed our movement, but it was well worth it as our donation total went to $433, 86% of our target! And our front runners: Sleeping Seaweed and A Toxic Potato Steamed ahead making it to Jupiter Lighthouse.

Part 3 of our quest will be put on hold as we come up to the Christmas season. We will be completing our mission in January.
Any runners who haven't already made it further will catch up as far as Lemuria and those that are ahead will start from where they are.

Runners: Please fill out this poll to let us know what weekends are good for you. Note:
-Time zones can be selected in the top right, make sure you know what time zone it is showing you.
-Click 'show all 18 options', then type in your name and start filling in which days you can do.
-If you select the (yes) option it will be orange indicating you can make it, but would rather a different slot would be chosen.
Once everyone has filled it in we'll pick the best date between us.
You you will also need to catch up: anyone who hasn't finished Lemuria you need to progress to this point: You should go to Lemuria, do all the cut scenes, leave then re-enter grind the rock to get to Ancient Lemuria, obtain the Djinn there and leave again. You should start from here next time:

New Runners: Same as before you're welcome to join us, but you will need to catch up and time yourself or I can send you my save file and you can pick up from my location with my time (You will also need to donate at least $5 to doctors without boarders).  please get in contact with me if you want to join.

Current Times (and locations):
Sleeping Seaweed: 11 hours 30 minutes (Jupiter Lighthouse) (actual time: 8 hours 45 minutes)
A Toxic Potato: 12 hours (in Jupiter Lighthouse)
Sagie: 7 hours 17 minutes (tackling Aqua Rock)
Miva: 12 hours 42 minutes (part way through Lemuria)
Robert Joe: 13 hours 10 minutes (Tundra Tower)
Catman: 15 hour 30 minutes (On the way to Tundra Tower)
Diem: 16 hours 20 minutes (Ankohl Ruins)