Topic: Does Golden Sun have to be for New 3ds?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 04:39:02 AM »
I HATE the New 3ds, its a piece of junk!

Its the same freaken thing as the 3ds, just make games for the 3ds, the only reason they made it was because of stupid Xenoblade, nobody cares about Xenoblade, Shulk is stupid.

Just put that piece of garbage ion the Wii U since nobody cares about the Wii U when they can just conveniently pick up their 3ds and play.

I pretty much hate the fact that I already have everything on my 3ds, its even linked to my Nintendo Network account and its really stupid you can't link more than one 3ds system to that.

I'm not sure which is why I'll ask, can you make a separate 3ds account for Nintendo Network?

I was thinking of creating another account so I can have that for my second 3ds, or maybe if that's the case I would consider buying a New 3ds.

After all what if say you had a brother/sister who needed his/her own Nintendo Network account?

You'd probably share the same Wii U system, so it would make sense.

The reason I'm talking about New 3ds is because its a thing and the question is will Golden Sun be on the New 3ds or the regular 3ds?

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »
nobody cares about Xenoblade, Shulk is stupid.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:29:41 AM by Star Magician »

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 03:18:15 AM »
It likely won't be - it's too late in the 3DS family's life.  IF we get a new GS game, it'd be for the handheld's successor.  That is, of course, assuming they're not already halfway done with the new game (ha, fat chance given DD's sales...)

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:03:55 PM »
Yeah, outside of creating a whole separate Nintendo account, no. You can do the system transfer thing though.
Am I too behind on the times or what ? I thought the "New 3DS" was just a 3DS with the second stick as a permanent part ?
If that's what's up, why not just get the peripheral if you need it ?

Either way, I agree with Rolina on it being too late in the cycle, but that said.
Games released at the end of a system's lifespan tend to be either great yet way undersold, or completely rushed and terrible.
So, while it could be quite nice to get it on 3DS at this point, I think if that's what happens it'll kill off the series for sure even if it is what we all want.
Looked back at as an excellent hidden gem, or forgotten by all who weren't fans and kept in memory as the final finger to us all.

Of course, if we don't hear anything in the next three years, we might as well declare GS officially dead anyhow.
Maybe, we'll get lucky and it'll be one of the launch date games for the next portable, boosting the series' popularity greatly.
A man can dream~

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
Yeah, outside of creating a whole separate Nintendo account, no. You can do the system transfer thing though.
Am I too behind on the times or what ? I thought the "New 3DS" was just a 3DS with the second stick as a permanent part ?
If that's what's up, why not just get the peripheral if you need it ?

The New 3DS got a pretty significant hardware boost. Better processor, memory, etc. as well as the added stick and ZR/ZL buttons.

Are my pics not showing up again??? They're appearing perfectly fine on my device...
>deskflip.jpg

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 01:16:49 AM »
The New3dS is basically the 3DS version of the Game Boy Color and the DSi.  Upgraded hardware, but comparatively limited support.   The main feature is innate circle pad pro support and significantly less loading times.  Still, it's only got maybe one or two years before a successor replaces it, and I very much doubt they can fit a GS game in that time unless they've already been working on it. And again, given the horrible sales of DD, that's not going to be likely.  We'd have to get a pretty big spotlight via Smash or something to get the very idea of a new game greenlit, and even then it'd be for next gen handhelds at this point anyway.

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:33:01 AM »
They could always use Kickstarter to gauge interest in the series, like Yu Suzuki did with Shenmue 3.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »
Yeah, but who would be the dev?  I'm not sure I'd want to fund camelot again, not unless they can show they're willing to actually evolve the franchise this time rather than do their usual copy paste job...

Offline L

• Honored Admiral Adept
  • No matter how old we get, we are still children.
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 08:45:23 PM »
I could see the next Golden Sun game on the upcoming Nintendo system, but giving the fact that Golden Sun only made it in as an obscure music track in the new Smash (less stuff than Brawl), I see this franchise deader than Konami's gaming titles.