Topic: Arcanus and mysteries... (Spoilers ahead)  (Read 9806 times)

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »
I cannot believe Alex survived. How, though, is still a mystery. Also, why did Alex want Eclypse Tower to be activated in the first place? At the end of the game he helped them deactivate it... what does Alex know that we don't? And why is he wearing an opera mask?

But another mystery I don't get, is the sudden apperence of the Umbra Clan. The game said that they came back... Where do they fit into the story?
there are alot more things I don't understand at this point, so hopefully we won't have to wait another 6 years for the next game to come out.

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Lighthouse Guardian
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:51:47 AM »
I didn't yet complete watching the walkthroughs on Youtube, but my guess would be that the Eclipse Tower opened some other place which Alex could have the complete Golden Sun or something like that.

Offline Statistic

• Adept Squire
  • Our happy little family is back together again
    • MSN Messenger - Statistic_endless@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:22:32 PM »
The Lunar Eclipse gives Dark Adepts there power, so its safe to assume that with it active they get stronger.  It's a small Golden Sun effect for Dark Adepts where as the Apollo Lens was the Light Sol Adepts need.  Look at Belinsk, there now Sol Adepts and can apparently see people we can't...I'm assuming they see the dead.  Talk to the people in Belinsk before going to its gates to findout what I mean, it's out by the dock where Briggs landed his ship first.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:49:23 AM »
How do they control light though? And why do only some civilians have that gold fur? Some still have their old fur. So did only some of them get the power of the light?

But about Chalis and Blados, they fit the characteristics of a fire and water adept, because Chalis has redish hair and so does Blados. And seeing how they are weak to their respective element, one would assume that they are of those elements.

Offline Statistic

• Adept Squire
  • Our happy little family is back together again
    • MSN Messenger - Statistic_endless@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 02:51:52 AM »
How do they control light though? And why do only some civilians have that gold fur? Some still have their old fur. So did only some of them get the power of the light?

But about Chalis and Blados, they fit the characteristics of a fire and water adept, because Chalis has redish hair and so does Blados. And seeing how they are weak to their respective element, one would assume that they are of those elements.
Er..blados and chalice don't have red hair, chalice has PINK hair and blados has green hair.  Besides, it's confirmed once more i say, at the end that Alex proves there dark adepts disobeying the high empyrer to shoot the apollo lens at sol sanctum rather then letting matthew directly activate it himself.  they arent even part of tuaparang, there dark adepts, descendants of the umbra clan.  accept that already, i cant see why you can believe what is already canon.

It's still a mystery as to why not all of belinsk became sol adepts, but its much liek what normal adepts are like, not everyone will become an adept will be the same logic i apply to this.  not everyone of belinsk will be a sol adept, only a select few.

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 04:41:42 AM »
Which goes back to what I said before, they aren't actual real blooded adepts persay. They were technically artificially created by the Apollo Lens.

Offline Karst

• Adept Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 06:36:13 AM »
Is it just me or did the game not even mention sol adepts? Mine only mention umbra
I am Karst of the Mars Clan!

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
Is it just me or did the game not even mention sol adepts? Mine only mention umbra

Yeah, mine didn't mention Sol Adepts, either.

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
You know how after stopping the eclipse you go to Belinsk to say goodbye to people? If you go around and talk to people, you'll notice that not only did their fur change, several also have special powers. A little boy at the docks even says that he can control light like other adepts control the elements.

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:56 AM »
Well...umm...you win. I didn't look around at that, but I will maybe later tonight or tomorrow. However, I must ask: Did ANY of them say ANYTHING about "Sol Adepts?" (By the way, I'm not yelling, that's just how I emphasize.)

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 05:44:20 AM »
I don't believe the phrase is said that specifically, but if I recall there's been mentioning of people with 'powers' in previous GS games and in the end you pretty much call them adepts regardless; it seems to just be a universal phrase for anyone who can use these powers. So really I wouldn't worry about what they're called specifically, as long as they have the power to actually do what was mentioned as 'controlling light'.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 06:25:10 AM »
Hey! i have a great idea. if there are Sol and Umbra Adepts. what if there was a lighthouse for them. Maybe they were already lit too like keep the world from decaying faster or the ancients refused to put out the light of Sol and Umbra lighthouse. Wouldn't that be awesome?
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »
I seem to recall either Kraden or Alex saying that the Eclipse Tower was essentially a Lighthouse. Am I wrong? But, yeah, that would be pretty awesome!

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 03:26:49 AM »
his almost exact words were "it has the like power of a lighthouse" meaning it is not a real lighthouse.
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »
his almost exact words were "it has the like power of a lighthouse" meaning it is not a real lighthouse.
Oh. Yeah, you're right. I'm an idiot.