Topic: New characters  (Read 22203 times)

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
Sveta wasn't in TLA, and Eoleo was a baby in TLA.  OF COURSE AN ADULT FROM THEN ISN'T GOING TO BE PLAYABLE.  Since they'd be, like, you know... BRIGGS OLD.

Bro, do you even logic?

Offline Jenna

• Honored Commander Adept
  • Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2013, 03:38:54 AM »
Sveta wasn't in TLA, and Eoleo was a baby in TLA.  OF COURSE AN ADULT FROM THEN ISN'T GOING TO BE PLAYABLE.  Since they'd be, like, you know... BRIGGS OLD.

Bro, do you even logic?

You do know Eoleo was 30 years old in Dark Dawn and Piers being Lemurian is over 100 years old, right?

So in a way it already happened.

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2013, 06:13:31 AM »
1. 30 isn't that old, especially for men.

2. Piers ages more slowly then everyone else. He's similar to any regular 20 year old despite being like 200.

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
You could look at it not as age, but whether they're physically capable of running around like that and fighting.   We'd all be a little concerned for Kraden if we could play him. It wouldn't be realistic.
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »
Conversely, if older Briggs in DD were playable, it wouldn't be unrealistic at all. In fact, I wanted him to be playable back when I was playing DD >_>

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2013, 02:22:33 AM »

Bro, do you even logic?

You do know Eoleo was 30 years old in Dark Dawn and Piers being Lemurian is over 100 years old, right?

So in a way it already happened.
Piers isn't a valid argument - piers has the same aging thing going on as the Heroes of Vale - in that they don't age much at all.  Eoleo was ~34 years old.

EVERYONE ELSE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS IN THEIR FIFTIES, BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY.

Basic arithmetic.  USE IT.

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
Here's a thought: If Prox didn't even show up on the map come DD, why would Camelot bring Prox back? It seems like they got rid of pretty much all the old towns and cities. For all we know, during the Golden Sun event, Prox could have been utterly demolished. Or become completely inhospitable.

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »
Here's a thought: If Prox didn't even show up on the map come DD, why would Camelot bring Prox back? It seems like they got rid of pretty much all the old towns and cities. For all we know, during the Golden Sun event, Prox could have been utterly demolished. Or become completely inhospitable.

That doesn't mean that maybe some Proxians survived and relocated, much like the people from Vale did.

Also remember, some places in Weyard were relocated because of the Golden Sun event.

Camelot would not forget about Proxians, they know Saturos is a very popular character.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »
Hey now, that's hardly a valid argument.  Most of Weyard didn't show up in DD, nor did it in TBS.  If we get another game, they'll focus on another place.  If it's not in the game, it's not because it no longer exists - it's because there's no story focus on it.

Offline Tetsu

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2013, 03:54:39 AM »
You're probably right.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
No, this time it's not just a probably, it's literally an "it's already happened" moment - we have precedent of this.  Compare the maps of the area northeast of Tolbi in both TBS and TLA.  Past the mountains you previously couldn't breach in TBS (where you went to find Babi), the landscape looked a certain way.  Come TLA, it looks entirely different

Crazy, eh?  Well, that's just how video games in general work.  Stuff gets elaborated as it's used for the story.

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2013, 09:05:17 AM »

Pretty sure in GS:DD Gondowan wasn't able to be explored. People said Camelot just didn't have time but it's still possible that the others: Ivan, Jenna, Felix, etc. are there
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:24:55 PM by Aether »

Offline Star Magician

• I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
Dragon Quest?

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
I took the wrong photo :/ Edited. And actually checking more stuff out there

Offline Jenna

• Gym Leader Jenna
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2013, 01:10:50 AM »
No, this time it's not just a probably, it's literally an "it's already happened" moment - we have precedent of this.  Compare the maps of the area northeast of Tolbi in both TBS and TLA.  Past the mountains you previously couldn't breach in TBS (where you went to find Babi), the landscape looked a certain way.  Come TLA, it looks entirely different

Crazy, eh?  Well, that's just how video games in general work.  Stuff gets elaborated as it's used for the story.

First off you're glitching into that area, much like you can do in Dark Dawn to access many areas in that game, however, that doesn't mean these glitched areas are officially where we are going, plus we can only access so much in Dark Dawn, we have no idea what Camelot plans to put in these unaccessable areas.

I also have to ask, did anybody see Sveta and the Beastmen thing coming in Dark Dawn, I think not, it surprised me that's for sure.

Also The northern reaches that lead to Prox are visable in Dark Dawn, meaning it's still there, this can be seen from the Snowdrift Shrine, I mean what else can that wall of ice in the distance be, it still has the gap Felix blasted with the Magma stone and everything.

Btw Prox was never visable on the map, so I don't expect that to change, plus Mars Lighthouse is perhaps the most important Lighthouse, I'm sure they will cameo it.

Also can we say the western sea that includes things like Contigo, or the Jupiter Lighthouse and that they don't exist, I think not, nothing is confirmed of these elements being written off the storyline.

Felix could visit those areas because he was considered a enemy to those people, I thought it was funny Isaac set foot in Prox without the Proxians being like it's Isaac the guy who killed Saturos and Menardi let's get em.