Topic: Improvements in GS4  (Read 22016 times)

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • The Bane of every RPG's Villain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 09:28:02 PM »
Well, I suppose that there are a handful of fans, and the characters themselves, who don't know that Alex (or Arcanus) is Amiti's father, so yeah...

BLASPHEMY!! MADNESS!!! SPARTA!!!! (<------- It's good, certainly, but I hesitate to call it the 'best', strictly speaking. Especially since the term 'best' is often subjective...)
I'm back in the saddle, so the forum better be scared, 'cause ANOTHER poster's here!!

Also, check out my YouTube channel: MrMcMageMuffin :D

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
  • Yes that is a Venus Djinn tattoo. #yolo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
I dont know if I'm permitted to go off topic like this but I must ask you what you think the best game is? OoT is a legend, people here the Lost Woods theme and go, "OMG I REMEMBER THAT GAME, THAT GAMES WAS SO AWESOME". When I hear it I immediately get a fiendish look in my eye and run to my room and shut the door and play the game (lol). People told me that now that Skyrim has come out, I "will love it if I love Zelda (which obvs I do)", but I didn't care for it much. 3 games in this world that reign supreme - Oot, Gs series, and Final Fantasy 9.

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 03:08:33 AM »
BLASPHEMY!! SKYRIM IS AMAZING!!!!! (AHEM.) Sorry. I guess my fanboyish-ness got the best of me. As for the best game (I get off topic a lot, so don't worry.), I'd either make it TLA, Silent Hill 2, or Dragon Age: Origins. (Or Tales of Symphonia or Vesperia.)
I'm back in the saddle, so the forum better be scared, 'cause ANOTHER poster's here!!

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 04:32:35 AM »
I see.
Skyrim's a little too morbid for me, but that's one of the reasons other people love it so much. I like happy games, games with cute characters like this :  :mars_djinn: lol.
But to each their own  :65:

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 06:15:04 AM »
It's not really the morbidity of it for me, it's more the nonlinear plot progression system. Basically, the freedom it offers you. And some of the lines are funny to boot, and most of them start fads. (Exempli Gratia: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.")

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 09:40:15 PM »
Yep heard that one recently.
 :gsidea:... Zelda has lots of freedom, too...

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
:gssweatdrop: What's a welcome forum?

Go to the TLW home page. Click on Introductions and Returns. Click on Introductions. Click on new topic. Come up with a creative (or not) title. Introduce yourself.

:gsexclamatory: WARNING! OFF TOPIC! If this gets too off topic, I might lock it for a short period of time to get it back on topic. Because I have the power to do so. -Mercury

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 03:43:10 AM »
Well, there's nothing really left to do. We've all given our ideas, and I don't want to see this thing dead, so we're really just binding our time until someone else posts...

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »
Welcomed at last.  :gssweatdrop:

Indeed, someone else needs to put in some opinions.

Mercury, what say you? You suggested upgrading, anything else?

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
To greatly improv e the next game, we need ledd tutorials and more on Himi's  rither, Takeru.

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »
I think Takeru might join up as an Adept later on in the next game, though it's only speculation. And the game isn't all that difficult, matter of fact, it's rather self-explanatory, eliminating the need for any major tutorials, if not all of them. But some plot-hole filling would be rather nice, wouldn't it?

Offline .

• Cavalier Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 04:12:20 PM »
:gssweatdrop: What's a welcome forum?

Go to the TLW home page. Click on Introductions and Returns. Click on Introductions. Click on new topic. Come up with a creative (or not) title. Introduce yourself.

:gsexclamatory: WARNING! OFF TOPIC! If this gets too off topic, I might lock it for a short period of time to get it back on topic. Because I have the power to do so. -Mercury

Don't show off your "power" there Mercy especially if the higher ups like Sea and me are lurking around....  :61:

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »
Don't show off your "power" there Mercy especially if the higher ups like Sea and me are lurking around....  :61:

I know. I'm just giving them a gentle reminder. If I wanted this topic to be used for random conversation, I would have put it in Aquarius.

To greatly improv e the next game, we need ledd tutorials and more on Himi's  rither, Takeru.
I think Takeru might join up as an Adept later on in the next game, though it's only speculation. And the game isn't all that difficult, matter of fact, it's rather self-explanatory, eliminating the need for any major tutorials, if not all of them. But some plot-hole filling would be rather nice, wouldn't it?
Note: This is not a topic where you talk about stuff you want in GS4 and stuff you wanted in GS3. This is a topic to talk about what would improve on it and what was missing.
If I wanted to talk about stuff like Takeru and plot hole filling, my first point would have been that Kraden needs to die in the next game. Oh well. I can't moderate everything you say. (Sorry if I'm being a little strict. I just want this topic to be more about the gameplay, not the characters and story)

I honestly don't think they should cut down on the tutorials, but I do think they should give an option to skip them. There are always going to be people who start off the series later and won't be familiar with how the game works.

On a similar note, do you think that the game needs to cut down on the text a little? I feel like a lot of the text can be really repetitive and there are times when you go through a cutscene, walk a few steps, then go through another cutscene that basically tells you the same thing as the previous cutscene.

Offline IsaacIvan

• Jupiter Clan
  • Adept Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 03:28:38 AM »
Certainly they could do with some 'trimming', but not a whole lot needs to get cut out. Believe me, there are games where I swear they try to tick you off by chocking in full of dialogue, and Gold Sun isn't one of those games. They are a bit repetitive with what they say, and some if the cutscenes are redundant, but otherwise, it's not bad.

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 07:21:34 AM »
That's what I was saying before - the talking gets outta hand, but that's only because of all the characters! In GS, it was fine, but now in DD since there's like 9 + whoever you're talking with characters, and they ALL have to say something, it's frustrating. Therefore, sticking to my original point, too many characters slows the game down.

I know, I know, you want this topic to be about gameplay and not characters. But characters seriously impact the gameplay obviously.

8 characters at a time is ridiculous.  :gsangry: