Topic: Philosophy, Life, and Values.  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »
(I'm quite certain this would be where this belongs.)
I consider myself somewhat of an amateur Philosopher/Psychologist. As such, I'd like to know a bit more about what makes you guys tick, what you believe, what you love, what you hate, and even what you regret.

So, what do you say? Will you take a seat on my couch and let me analyze you?

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
Ok...I like to imagine things...i like to imagine what the world would be like and what future video games (like the next LoZ, StH, SMB, GS games)
I hate being ridden of like I'm some non-existent creature, I hate people miscalculating me, I hate when people hurt other people, I make friends with only people who are kind to me and don't push me into things. Right now I don't regret anything that has made a permanent effect on me.
I want to have an adventure some day (like saving people from being killed or possibly even saving the world...it kinda gets boring on the computer) and I want my friends to stick by me until the end.

i hope thats what you wanted.
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »
It's good enough, but I was looking for a more realistic view. Though your fantasies are welcomed here.

So, when you know someone who is... let's say unkind or even violent towards others, what is your opinion of them?

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
my opinion is that either they are crude on their own and should be killed or has a family problem or emotional problem and should be helped with that.

It depends on the look in their eyes
Yes. It's true. I'm attracted to Males. Now you can all rest easy now that I confirmed it. Now we can all get back to our merry little uneventful lives now that I spouted this pointless fact that I spouted.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:48:22 PM »
I find it hard to believe anyone deserves to die. Regardless of what they have done in the past, who am I to judge what is or isn't right? and I'm certainly not going to believe the government knows.

I have this view for all species. Tell me, what are your views on vegetarianism?

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »
vegetarianism is ok. i dont mind people killing animals for food. i mean thats what some animals are for. If you kill an animal for no particular reason it isnt right at all. but if you kill an animal for food thats ok.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »
I'm actually against vegetarianism. For a good reason mind you.

Vegetarians and Vegans always like to preach on and on about how they are against taking life and that their way of life does not cause death.
However, plants are alive too, not only that, but they too have complex emotions and even fear death. Some studies even show that they can communicate with each other and even read human minds. Most plants create their own food without the need to kill another species, which is nice.

That said, I try to not feel any guilt for the countless lives that we consume on a daily basis, because it is necessary. I need to eat to survive, I'd eat a human too if I had to, but that would probably make me feel guilty afterward. Especially if I had to kill said person. ( You know like deserted island scenarios. When your buddy starts looking too much like a tasty sandwich. )

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »
i know. i m not against vegetarians and i am against them.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 03:11:49 AM »
i know. i m not against vegetarians and i am against them.
wut?

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 04:44:15 AM »
it means i tolerate them but i dont like them speaking out.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Star Magician

• The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »
Interesting topic.
To me, these questions are very difficult to answer because of how I've changed my own way of thinking several times (gradually of course). Everything I've learned about life has led me down a path of apathetic neutrality. I've become very cynical, I don't trust others, love and hate are not real, thus nothing really makes me "tick", and it's hard to feel motivated regarding everything.

My past experiences have allowed me to be to put on a different personality mask with very little effort, which has made my life at work and school easier than it would be if I was more honest. I typically avoid human interaction, though I'm not necessarily "shy" like I was when I was younger. This is because I've learned that developing relationships with other people is pretty fruitless, and my past relationships have withered away to the point where they no longer exist outside our memories. This is partly why I believe love is just a concept fabricated by human creativity, among many other things like religion and superstition.

However, the other side of me wants me to be totally wrong, which must be my desire to find a true meaning to our existence. Ironically, this desire in other people may also be part of why religion, love, hate, etc. exists in our heads in the first place. I dunno. I hope this is along the lines of what you were looking for  :tongue:

EDIT:
So, when you know someone who is... let's say unkind or even violent towards others, what is your opinion of them?
Regarding this subject... When people do things like this on a whim, their mind is telling them that being harmful is more rewarding than holding back, that the consequences do not matter in that particular moment. They just have poor self-control. I think it's only that simple.
Pre-meditated and planned-out harm is a different story. I can't and probably never will understand these types.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:29:13 AM by Star Magician »

prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny prinny dood

Offline Will

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 07:54:28 AM »
want to come back between religion and freedom

what should you choise?

will peace ever come?

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
And though I agree with the apathetic neutrality towards society, because it is very messed up, I'm come to the conclusion that living a quite, shy life is not my cup of tea. I'm largely outspoken just because I've found life is so much easier if you just have a "I don't give a ****" kind of attitude. lol. It's alot of fun.

Also, being catholic, I tend to be more realistic and conservative. I don't really "hate" anybody (aside from politicians).
I also know that some things are beyond my control, and so just live the life you want.

A prime example of this is when I graduated high school. I was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge band geek, and I still come home from college every weekend just to go to the football games and hangout with my friends that are still in band. I hat college, and I've gotten alittle emotional about how I just want to go back to high school, but I know it's just beyond my control, and you just can't worry about.
I also live by the quote, "Don't cry because it's over... Smile because it happened."

Offline Ivan Strider

• Nyan~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »
What would you do to a bully?
What would you do if he punched you? I would like to understand some of your decisions.

Have a GREAT day~

*rolls in happiness*

Offline Will

• Mars Clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 08:23:16 AM »
ye sometime life is really messed up

i realized it when my parents disvorced.

will peace ever come?