Topic: Maegra versus...?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »
Finally free from the forceful wind, Ailan surveyed the two fighting in the steam.
"Control myself, eh?"  "I think I have a few other surprises left for you."
He took another swig from his jug. After refastening it he retrieved a piece of bark from his belt.
He took a short glance at the fourth man. Examining his confident gaze, before rushing back into the fray, readying for another over-head slash towards where Maegra's voice was coming from.
How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us. ~ Fred Rogers

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 05:05:34 AM »
"Well, there are also certain advantages to sticking to one element. You get to know it and use it better… Wait a second. You've been alive for millennia? Incredible! Question: Is it immortality, long lifespan, or agelessness? How I wish to have been able to see what you have seen… Anyhow, we have a battle going on! Don't want to bore the other members of the match, after all!" As soon as he finished saying this, Ailan came out of the fog and attacked. Seeing the sword coming for him and Maegra, he acted on instinct and used his shield to deflect the blade and quickly positioned himself so his back was to neither fighter.

"Speaking of other fighters, might I ask the other man in the room to introduce himself? There isn't much point in entering the stadium and just sitting there, without even telling us your name or anything about yourself, after all."

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »
"Wiry little punk aren't you? That was a good deflection, but can you do it again?"
He swung at Mercury, this time going for a much quicker jab of his hilt at the younger man's chest.
He focused on his eyes, taking much of his focus out of everything else. He seemed to be readying for a combination of attacks.
The fog was making it difficult for him to do anything without being too close as his poor vision was being further hindered.

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
Maegra jumped back from the sudden strike as Mercury deflected the blow, never loosening the grip on his hilt.

"Several millennia in fact, my world is quite old. And you'd be correct in stating that practicing a single element weilds greater success in its field, which is why most people do just that; it takes a person of considerable talent to master more than one field. Such curiosity, you'd be an excellent student in the halls of my Clan I can assure you. As for your question, it's.." He paused for a moment, as if searching for the right words. "..circumstantial Immortality. And I can assure you though I have seen wonders in my land that would dwarf the magnificence of this Weyard's Lighthouses, I have also seen many wars and monstrosities played out of equal magnitude. Gifts are merely a curse in disguise, wearing a pretty mask to lure you in."

A long, high-pitched metallic ring filled the air as Maegra drew his Katana to attack, a few drops landing on the blade as the rain started the penetrate the mist. Bringing the sword behind him, he threw his whole body forwards as he swang the weapon in a large arc; a second large razor of air was released in the direction of his opponents.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 06:51:39 AM »
the boy is now impatient and a bit flustered by the lack of noticement. He clears his throat and says calmly, "The only thing i tell you is my name. Call me Dusk." his tone changes and he sounds a few years older. "Never judge anyone by appearances." the boy draws his sword and suddenly vanishes. The boys is suddenly below the two men locking swords and grabs them by the ankle and flips them on their backs.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:14:24 AM by Kyle Tucker »
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

Offline Maegra

• Global Moderator
  • Mariner Adept
  • Sparky, the Blue Devil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 08:00:09 AM »
OOC: Dusk, as a general rule you don't really speak for others if you don't know how their OC's would react. For example Maegra is actually a teacher and has probably taught people much younger than your OC the arts of not only magic, but also swordplay and the like. He takes everyone seriously, and wouldn't belittle a person's combat abilities based on their age. Please, RP from your point of view alone and not someone else's. I'd also ask you edit your post to acknowledge this, and try to make it a little more involved as you've seen from our posts.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 05:09:21 AM »
OOC: okay, sorry

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • MSN Messenger - zachmcv001@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
A brown-cloaked man entered the arena. He had his massive zweihander in his hand and his broadsword at his waist. His face was that of a young man, but his eyes betrayed thousands of years of existence. "Name's Elemental, and I'm a peacekeeper, teacher, expert tactician and a healer to some extent. Is anyone else cold? Why don't we warm things up, hm?" And with that, an orb of flame engulfed the arena.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:52:23 PM by Elemental4 »

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 11:08:06 AM »
Choosing to ignore the boy, Ailan saw the blast of wind coming toward him far too late.
Taking his focus off Mercury, the piece of bark he held grew quickly into the shape of a shield.
But he was already late.
His shield shattered while he took a portion of the blow himself.
He coughed before spouting what was a compliment in his eyes.
"D*mn quick aint you..."
"What kinda power do you two have... I've not seen anything like this..."

Clearly distracted, he decided it was best to focus on the most immediate threats. Trying to rush an give a quick slash in Maegra's direction.

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
Elemental cursed himself for beginning a fight with such a draining move. The worst part was: nobody seemed to pay him any mind! He switched his zweihander for his broadsword. He saw the blast of wind coming his way and cursed again as he was thrown off his feet. Elemental growled in frustration and sheer anger. That blast of wind may have slightly hurt Elemental, but Elemental's rage made all his exhaustion from the massive flame orb dissipate.

He looked frantically for a target and saw Maegra. "Time to pay an old man a visit." Elemental said to himself. He briskly strode over to Maegra, with his sword crossed over his torso in a defensive manner.

"Hello, old man. I'm coming for you," Elemental announced with a wolfish grin. Now, it was time to truly fight!

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 04:33:12 AM »
Mercury, unable to react to Maegra's razor of air, got bad cuts on his chest, but not fatal and not in a way that would hinder him. Not wanting to waste a potion or the psynergy required for a healing spell, so he just decided to ignore it until he really needed to heal. He quickly froze some of the fog, getting in the way of Ailanthus's attack. As that happened, he quickly rushed in to slash at Ailanthus.

"I don't really want to focus on Maegra like everyone else, so I decided to pick someone else to fight. And I'm curious about how you maintain your focus in battle while drunk. I'm kinda afraid to see what you'd be like fighting without the influence of alcohol. So do you accept my little challenge?"

OOC edit: Wait… It might not be the smartest idea to attack Ailanthus considering he's leaving. Hmm… Now I can't think of what to do. Could someone else help me fix this?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:48:18 AM by mercuryftw »

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 04:47:27 AM »
Usually, Soltur was docile, amiable, even, but in his current state of rage, he was a true danger. In seconds, Soltur was upon Maegra. He raised his blade high above his head, ready to cleave Maegra's head in two, but fatigue found Soltur again. He let out an irritated curse. Why did he have to start with that orb? If he didn't regain his energy soon, he would be as good as dead! Soltur growled at the old man who stood before him, but lowered his sword. Maegra would probably be ready for it, anyway.

Suddenly, Soltur thrust at Maegra's chest, hoping the point would find its mark. He had hoped that the suddenness of the attack would catch the old man off guard, but Soltur kept sensing that something was off somewhere in the arena...

Offline Ailanthus

• Venus Clan
  • Adept Champion
  • Boredom Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:30 AM »
Taking the slash, Ailan seemed surprised.

Realizing old wounds had been opened, he decided it would be best to give Mercury a rain check.
"Sorry kid... I believe I'm already losing this battle."

He ran his hand down the side of his blade as it reverted back to a leaf. He let it go.

"I'm going to go and check in with my daughter. If you buy me a round, I'll gladly fight you some other day."
With that he turned to leave. Stumbling a bit from the combination of intoxication and his wounds.
He made his way through the clearing mists to the exit giving a nod as he passed the other fighters.

Offline Ivan Strider

• Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 11:46:16 PM »
The boy is suddenly blocking Ailan's path. "promise me you will come back soon" the boy smirks. "i need to have more action. it just seems to boring. it needs more challenge." the boy takes out his extremely long sword. "here take it. may you have more success the next time your here. i have a feeling we will meet again." the boy disappears again.
"you are a wise one Soltur. you are right that there is something amiss in this arena. dont bother searching for me because i'm not there. i am a voice in your head that hasn't shown itself to you." the voice laughs. "i call myself many things but i feel that you deserve to hear my true name. my name is Raelanthiun. I am the master of disguise. i have mastered every technique. i am one not to be matched with. but i am bound to a younger form. With no hope of escaping my bonds. my power is limited and will soon be snuffed out. i wish to live a better life than what i've had before. i want to restart my life from this age bound point. i am continuously 13. and will be that way unless someone free's me. i will die if that does not happen. Release me now or i will take you with me!"
the boy is now visible and now sounds to be in the arena rather than in peoples head. His expression looks depressed but some what angered. "I will never forgive the ones who did this to me but if i am fee i will cut off most of my power and be in this form. i will do no evil to anything or anyone. i regret my past it is time I have a second chance. but i need a worthy person to free me. Soltur, take the Sol Blade, the sacred blade of light and look at the invisible aura around me, you will see it when you grasp the blade. Take the blade and pierce the lock on the front of the aura. i trust you will make the right decision. Hurry though. the dark gate will open any minute and more opponents will spill out for you to fight. my power grows weak and i can only seal the gate when released." the handle of the blade is facing toward Soltur. " save me and i will give you a real battle, not a to the death battle like it has been for me."

Offline Tetsu (Soltur)

• Sol Clan
  • The Lost Shadow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 01:17:29 AM »
Soltur studied the boy. His face was young but his cold eyes betrayed years of hardship.
"That is no way for one such as you to live, Raelanthiun. I shall hold you to your word." Soltur takes the Sol Blade and jams it into the Aura Lock. Soltur hands the blade back to the boy.
"That's a spell I haven't seen in a thousand years," announced Soltur. "Tis called Aura Lock, one of the darkest of spells. The victim cannot die, but cannot live, either.
"You truly must be powerful to project your voice in my mind, but why?" Soltur drew his zweihander, Exispek, and readied himself for battle. "Have at thee!"