Golden Sun > The Future of Golden Sun

What would your Idea for a Golden Sun Game Be?

<< < (2/3) > >>

DamonDore:

--- Quote from: L on August 18, 2016, 09:58:15 PM ---The one benefit of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn being a failure in sales is that it makes it much cheaper to buy it off from Nintendo. We could always try a patreon or kickstarter and raise up enough money to buy the franchise ourselves. The next is to find a group of people interested in the project who also have an idea of how to develop the mechanics of the game and the flow of the story. The hard part is music, since that I can imagine, will cost just as much as the franchise rights, so an original style must be developed (so long classic theme)

--- End quote ---
I agree L. Well, if we do get the franchise rights, we could always try and talk to Camelot about getting permission to use their music, and if we do, I'd recommend using Golden Sun Legends. It's different, but stays true to Golden Sun.

DamonDore:

--- Quote from: Star Magician on August 19, 2016, 07:10:24 AM ---Good luck getting Nintendo to part with any IP, especially outside of Japan. Just sayin'

It would be more likely that Nintendo would license it to a third party developer, but they wouldn't pick just anyone who's willing to throw their money around. If you wanted to get involved personally, you would have to start up a dev team, make a competent enough game to get Nintendo's attention (and release it on their systems), then persuade them to license it to you. Again, good luck.

Honestly, I think the most productive thing to do is to show Nintendo that we the fans are still interested and still want a completion to the series. The best place, in my opinion, to gather the fanbase would be the Golden Sun Reddit page, since many gamers may already have a Reddit account to begin with, and it is a place where game developers actually look and participate.

One thing, however. The fans should certainly NOT try to make a fourth game on their own. Nintendo WILL shut it down, as seen with almost every fan project that people have tried (AM2R, Pokémon Uranium, Mario 64 HD are recent examples).

--- End quote ---

I see your point, but if Nintendo really doesn't want to do anything else with it, I don't think there is really a point for them to keep it. Out of the whole franchise, they only did one thing to it in the past 5 years. Put ONE song on Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. And that's about it.

WAIT AN IDEA JUST SPRANG TO MIND. What if we come up with a gameplan, a storyline for the game, how it would go, puzzles, basically everything except the coding and the game itself, kind of like a script. We present it to Camelot first, see if they like it. And if they do, we ask them about what Nintendo thinks about Golden Sun, and if Camelot thinks Nintendo would like our game plan. If they think we should try, we do. We then go talk to Nintendo and as Star Magician said, try and have Nintendo have us be a third party developer.

But, we gotta start at the drawing board. So, as this topic suggests, what would your idea for a new Golden Sun Game be?

DamonDore:
It's also been a dream of mine to make a fan movie, or a youtube web series. Live action with actors and such. I feel like it'd be a cool project. :venus_djinn:

Star Magician:

--- Quote from: DamonDore on August 19, 2016, 08:15:43 PM ---I see your point, but if Nintendo really doesn't want to do anything else with it, I don't think there is really a point for them to keep it. Out of the whole franchise, they only did one thing to it in the past 5 years. Put ONE song on Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. And that's about it.

--- End quote ---

Okay, but does Nintendo think the same way? Probably not, and since they own the IP, that's up to them. If they disapprove, then there's really nothing we can do about it. Plus, there actually is a point to them holding onto the IP: digital download sales. People did buy both GBA Golden Sun games once they arrived on the virtual console, and honestly, getting the fans to buy these games on VC has a better chance of making GS4 happen than trying to acquire the IP itself.
Still, if you can at least get a response out of Nintendo somehow, knowing what they want or don't want to do with the series is an important first step to your cause. I still think gathering the fanbase on the GS Reddit is a good way to show that there's still interest in the series. You will have to prove that making a fourth GS game is in Nintendo's best interest financially. They are a business, after all.

Aariachang24:

--- Quote from: DamonDore on August 19, 2016, 08:15:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Star Magician on August 19, 2016, 07:10:24 AM ---Good luck getting Nintendo to part with any IP, especially outside of Japan. Just sayin'

It would be more likely that Nintendo would license it to a third party developer, but they wouldn't pick just anyone who's willing to throw their money around. If you wanted to get involved personally, you would have to start up a dev team, make a competent enough game to get Nintendo's attention (and release it on their systems), then persuade them to license it to you. Again, good luck.

Honestly, I think the most productive thing to do is to show Nintendo that we the fans are still interested and still want a completion to the series. The best place, in my opinion, to gather the fanbase would be the Golden Sun Reddit page, since many gamers may already have a Reddit account to begin with, and it is a place where game developers actually look and participate.

One thing, however. The fans should certainly NOT try to make a fourth game on their own. Nintendo WILL shut it down, as seen with almost every fan project that people have tried (AM2R, Pokémon Uranium, Mario 64 HD are recent examples).

--- End quote ---

I see your point, but if Nintendo really doesn't want to do anything else with it, I don't think there is really a point for them to keep it. Out of the whole franchise, they only did one thing to it in the past 5 years. Put ONE song on Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. And that's about it.

WAIT AN IDEA JUST SPRANG TO MIND. What if we come up with a gameplan, a storyline for the game, how it would go, puzzles, basically everything except the coding and the game itself, kind of like a script. We present it to Camelot first, see if they like it. And if they do, we ask them about what Nintendo thinks about Golden Sun, and if Camelot thinks Nintendo would like our game plan. If they think we should try, we do. We then go talk to Nintendo and as Star Magician said, try and have Nintendo have us be a third party developer.

But, we gotta start at the drawing board. So, as this topic suggests, what would your idea for a new Golden Sun Game be?

--- End quote ---

Well if we are gonna start talking about ideas on how to start the game how about with young  :isaac: isaac and  :garet: garet deciding 2 weeks after to study mt.aleph and give a basic idea of how the relation ship with  :jenna: and  :isaac: started to have young matthew and were everyone else is in present day especially info on  :piers: piers age (and if he's considered a pedophile now) then cut to matthew group suck inside the vortex

and has anybody here played Pokemon black and white 2 and know how to connect both saves from 1 to 2 we could do something similar like that to gs4 or have an excuse that the vortex made them extremely weak like how they showed with tyrell in the beginning (for those who did not connect the game) to start fresh off because if we connect dark dawn and gs4 then it has to be much harder for obvious reasons

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version