Topic: Disney buys LucasArts  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:09:31 PM »
And they're making Star Wars VII and IX too.
Watch for reference: DISNEY STAR WARS

Offline n3ptun_123

• Administrator
  • Paladin Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:39:08 AM »
I don't understand all the commotion around this think. People want to present this thing as the "already serious and logical" Star Wars will become a cheezy Disney animation movie of the 70s/80s. First of all lets remember that Star Wars was never serious to begin with. Over the years when I observe how many different Sci Fic concepts became more mature/logical from a realist point of view, Star Wars is the most immature and most unoriginal of them all. Ex: Long Long Time ago but we are somehow in a futuristic environment? We know that all the aliens are humans with masks or weird extensions on their heads (nothing original about adding a tail on a human head and painting it blue). Clones whea plastic armor for no apparent reason and its WHITE (nice camouflage if they fight on Tattooine). If someone tells me that its because they need to have oxygen or some jazz then why don't the jedis and other humans not wearing oxygen tanks/suits etc? The parts with Yoda or Jar Jar Binks have never been serious to begin with, they are like the comic relief. THe drones are supid as (BAD WORD) they say Roger, Roger to each other as we were supposed to laugh. They tried making anakin's story saddening and dramatic but all they achieved was a cheezy love story which is slightly more interesting then twilight. From a physics point of view, the movies are saddening, no laws are even taken into account. OH and I will never forget, the cheezy hollywood moments where a chosen party of absolute heroes can destroy entire social, military, and political systems and save the day. I can GO ON and ON and ON about how stupid the show really is!
'

Let us remember that when disney buys the stuff it actually buys its SHARES. That means that Disney own Star Wars and gets money off it. Its kinda like a a franchise is bought by another company. They do not have to necessarily change it to make profit. THE BEST EXAMPLE IS Halo 4, it was taken from Bugie and developed by Spark 343, but they did not make it different but actually kept close to the roots of Halo CE (1). Disney could at least make a facelift and improve certain aspects. ADDITIONALLY, Star Wars was dead to begin with, just a classic, but not a present "thing." So they should be happy that disney put some life in it. To tell you the truth I could go on and on and on but my fingers hurt in this typing and all this is a grammatical nightmare.

Bottom Line:
Star Wars was Stupid to begin with
Disney does not have to change it, it just makes profits off it now and finances it instead of Lucus Arts
Star Wars was dead, it started to finally get financed by Disney

Oh and an extra note: Disney is a huge company. The spectrum of movie is very wide. Lets remember that Pirates of the caribbean was developed by Disney as well, and it had a very satisfied mature audience. :/ Just a thought.
(INSERT LANGUAGE OTHER THEN ENGLUSH)

BUY NEW CARS AND GET EM for only $141491!!!!!! LINK COULD BE FOUND HERE: http://thelostwaters.com/wiki/index.php?title=Neptune WIN EVERYTHING INCLUDING COOKIE FOR ONLY $124!!!! (INSERT LANGUAGE OTHER THEN ENGLUSH) SPAROX IS HAXOR HHEHEHE $$6226!# AND DON't FORGET the LOST BALOON only $1515!!!!

http://thelostwaters.com/wiki/index.php?title=Neptun

Offline Aether

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • the main broswagonist in his season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:00:29 AM »
Um,  that was long, but I get ur point

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »
Disney got JJ Abrams to do the next Star Wars - I fail to see where the problem is.  If anyone will do it justice, it's JJ.  I think it's in much better hands with Disney than with George Lucas himself.  Remember the last time that guy tried to make a star wars film?

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:53:51 AM »
The problem is that Princess Leia is now a Disney princess. And that's just wrong.       

Okay but on a serious note:  they're just milking a dead cow at this point.
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Halcyonic Legend

• Global Moderator
  • Royal Master Guard Adept
  • SpecOps Spartan Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:21:40 AM »
But they see a huge profit. And there will be a huge profit.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 05:41:45 AM »
Cheese, look at it this way.  Do you REALLY want the prequels to be how the Star Wars series "ends"?  IMO, it needs to be redeemed.  Disney, despite being, well, Disney, looks like they're actually showing it the respect it deserves.  I can think of nobody better than JJ to do this.

Plus, you have to remember - this may not have been Disney's call at all.  Part of the purchase agreement may have been that GL required them to make new movies with it.  They may be contractually obligated - until we know the full details of the deal, we don't know for certain.

That, and you're acting kinda like the pokemon fandom right now.  You're complaining, but when it actually comes out you'll wind up loving it. 

Offline CHEESE4ALL

• Luna Clan
  • Golden Sun Adept
  • Ich habe keine Katze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:07:57 AM »
The princess thing was a joke.   And while maybe I might enjoy the movie when it comes out, at the moment I don't feel a particular desire to have another one made.  I sort of don't care. :smile:   Who knows?  It might be good.  It might not.  I'll reserve my opinion until after it comes out.
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:24:01 AM »
Aye, we'll see.  It's gonna be at least 2016, since Abrams shot down the 2015 date "In order to do the movie justice"

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • The Lost Waters Veteran
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
I liked Episode I and III <-<

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »
But most people didn't.  I'll admit the OSTs were great, but...

Offline Scorpio

• Mars Clan
  • The Legandary Hero King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 05:03:40 PM »
I've no faith in JJ Abrams.

Offline Rolina

• Admiral Adept
  • The Fulminous Witch
    • View Profile
    • The Witch's Wall
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 06:11:30 AM »
*brandishes staff*
Them be fighting words.

Offline Star Magician

• Mercury Clan Leader
  • I am derp.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
After looking at his production history on IMDb, I have to agree with this >.<

JUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKAJUSTMONIKA