Topic: Questions  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Phalange

• Apprentice Adept
    • View Profile
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:02 AM »
Hey I just finished Dark Dawn! (Yes I got it pretty late)

1) Where did Himi get these visions from? "Divines"? Seems way to easy!

2) Umbra gear was designed for beastmen, but when were there beastmen before? I thought the Golden Sun transformed some people/creatures into beastmen. So there were beastmen BEFORE this but they died out? How convenient it all fits!

3) Does anyone else feel like it would have been a better game if we had spots that required Psynergy the player got a bit later on? For example, I think all Thermal spots were found AFTER we got Eoleo - how convenient! Although there was a "Crush" rock in Harapa you can backtrack to, I feel like there should have been more because Psynergy is so diverse. Like in the TLA, you COULD to get Reveal from Airs Rock and this would be useful in places you've already been to. (Bit sad we didn't get Reveal or Mind Read!)

4) On that note, what's the difference between Cold Snap and Frost? :\ Any idea why they didn't just use Frost...

5) DARK and LIGHT Psynergy! Afterwards in Belinsk, someone mentions they got a power to calculate compound interest. How weird. Do we know anything more about this Psynergy?

6) It seems like the area we went on (near Ayuthay) was maybe a different city before the Golden Sun event. Like we saw Kolima Forest (which was almost in the same place as before) but the cities/villages around Kolima in GS1/GS2 are no longer there. So where did the Alchemy machines come from? Did they conveniently appear due to continent shift and this is where people decided to build cities?

7) What was the purpose of the Luna tower? Why would anyone make that if it caused darkness and evil creatures to appear? It seems like the Apollo machine was to combat the Luna thing, but why was there the Luna thing in the first place? What purpose did it have for people in the past?

Thanks! (Sorry if my English isn't the best, I'm Spanish)

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
1: There's no confirmed answer, but personally I think the Ancients recorded Himi's prophecies in the Third Eye just in case Luna Tower was activated again.

2: Once again, Camelot didn't say anything. However, I think that the Beastmen existed before alchemy was sealed and because beastmen thrive on alchemy and psynergy (proof: Sveta consuming Djinn while in her beastform), they reverted to animals and humans when alchemy was sealed.

3: I'm not sure. Personally, I would have been PISSED if they made me backtrack to the start of the game to get something that I only just received the Psynergy for. Also, this would have been difficult to do with all of the points of no return. (DD's version of reveal was either search or insight, and Sveta's spirit sense was the same as mind read, except she could read the minds of dead people)

4: Technically, there is no difference, but it would have been too easy if they used frost, seeing as frost is a psynergy Mia, and probably Rief by extension, could learn without the items, so they changed the name and created a crystal to create plot.

5: There's also a boy at the Belinsk docks who said he could control light like adepts control the other elements. For more information, you'll have to wait for GS4.

6: Kolima was in a different place in this game, it somehow magically teleported when the land shifted. I think that Passaj, Harapa, and Ayuthay existed before, but were inaccessible until the land shifted.

7: The Ancients created Luna tower and the Apollo lens because they wanted to be able to control not only fire, water, earth, and air, but light and dark also. Luna tower was a mistake.

Sorry that all I could offer was theories, but that's all we have at this point. Hope this answered your questions. (And by the way, welcome to the forum!)

Offline Ivan Strider

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:56:14 AM »
Beast men were involved in gs2 but they were just werewolves but they could have evolved over 30-40 years (forgot what the time span was since gs2)
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday

Offline The Sea King

• Administrator
  • Lighthouse Guardian
  • Guardian of the lighthouses.
    • MSN Messenger - lostwaterking@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • The Lost Waters
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 06:40:56 AM »
Personally, I would have been PISSED if they made me backtrack to the start of the game to get something that I only just received the Psynergy for. Also, this would have been difficult to do with all of the points of no return. (DD's version of reveal was either search or insight, and Sveta's spirit sense was the same as mind read, except she could read the minds of dead people)
Within Golden Sun, you could backtrack to Vale and Lunpa to save Hammet. I personally liked invading the Lunpa Fortress. So I wouldn't mind backtracking within the next game.

Kolima was in a different place in this game, it somehow magically teleported when the land shifted. I think that Passaj, Harapa, and Ayuthay existed before, but were inaccessible until the land shifted.
I believe that too. By the way, I wonder what happened to the rest of the Golden Sun towns and cities like Kalay, Tolbi, and Lemuria.

Offline Merc

• Lighthouse Guardian
  • Last name change. I've been moving for a while.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »
Beast men were involved in gs2 but they were just werewolves but they could have evolved over 30-40 years (forgot what the time span was since gs2)

No, the werewolves in gs2 are completely separate. It says in the game that the beastmen evolved from ordinary humans and animals over the course of 30 years,

I wonder what happened to the rest of the Golden Sun towns and cities like Kalay, Tolbi, and Lemuria.

I think Kalay is in the country of Bilibin, so we couldn't access it in game. I'm not sure about Tolbi, and theres a foggy area in the ocean after you get the ship, which I think is Lemuria.

Offline aprilmarie

• Venus Clan
  • Privateer Adept
  • Yes that is a Venus Djinn tattoo. #yolo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:45:58 PM »
I think Kalay was close to Belinsk, to the left, but you couldn't get to it.
Tolbi was in Gondowan, so not even on the DD map.
And Lemuria isn't on the DD map either (I'm pretty sure). DD was only based on the northern part of Weyard, and Lemuria was in the center of it all. If memory serves, according to Lunpa's map from over 100 years ago, the continents were close together pretty tightly. So, having the Golden sun risen, that will most likely be the case in the upcoming game(s).
The reason I think Kalay was to the left of Belinsk, is because of this theory. With the lands all closer together, it only makes sense that Kalay has merged with the northern half of Angara.

I'm not sure which foggy part you're talkin bout Mercury???

Offline Ivan Strider

• Jupiter Clan
  • Legendary Golden Sun Adept
  • Show me da wae
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 10:51:12 PM »

No, the werewolves in gs2 are completely separate. It says in the game that the beastmen evolved from ordinary humans and animals over the course of 30 years,

I wonder what happened to the rest of the Golden Sun towns and cities like Kalay, Tolbi, and Lemuria.

I think Kalay is in the country of Bilibin, so we couldn't access it in game. I'm not sure about Tolbi, and theres a foggy area in the ocean after you get the ship, which I think is Lemuria.

ordinary humans can turn into werewolves so..

the foggy part where you find the lost ship. the lost ship was in the center of its fog and Lemuria was in the
center of its fog so that fog you see in DD is an evil fog created by the Star magician to hide it so that no person could ever get its treasure. (theory)

i have seen a YouTube vid where a person traveled all weyard (using cheats). there were continents with spots were there is suppose to be rivers so i think Camelot is more prepared this time so it wont take much time for gs4 to come out.

i never got why the southern continent you see is on the lower plate of weyard.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:03:49 PM by Shine »
The most important day of the gay agenda is obviously Taco Tuesday